Author

Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies - page 246. (Read 563991 times)

Activity: 628
Merit: 500
dev, is this coin launched ontime?
any pool announced yet?
Activity: 260
Merit: 100

Qubit is a good rare algo.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anncassubian-detk-cdt-qubit-pow-coin-for-wooden-investment-688311 << CDT has been a great coin for me to mine over the past 4 months. CDT is Qubit and has never been abused by anyone.
I bought Trees valued at $4,500 USD with my CDT and have received a certificate from the farmer declaring my ownership.

I wish all coins could work out as good as CDT. Qubit is an excellent choice to switch to.

I hope this coin works out and doesn't get abused by big investors/miners.

What exactly is Qubit algo? Could someone help me out with where you might be able to rent rigs for this algo or if not what type of miner I need to have set up and where to find out how to set one up, I would really appreciate that Smiley Thanks Wink

Hey Noob Smiley

Qubit is a "old" algo. Its a bit neglected but was quite well established and several coins (CDT, Myriad, Unitus) have been supporting it.

Qubit is probably the fairest algo for home-miners as there are currently no rentals available for Qubit nor do I know of any kind of FPGA or "special kernels" supporting it.

I have had already several Qubit pools up, if you wanna try things out you can have a look at Suprnova's CDT pool for example, it will use the same settings as GEO will when it launches so your settings will be compatible.

Qubit is something like the grandfather of chained algos. X11 was developed from it for example. Good algo.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
Twitter @Acimirov
So. Launchtimer update ? Smiley
Activity: 550
+1 Qubit algo - nice choice Dev))) Wink

Yes, I like it too !
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anncassubian-detk-cdt-qubit-pow-coin-for-wooden-investment-688311 << CDT has been a great coin for me to mine over the past 4 months. CDT is Qubit and has never been abused by anyone.
I bought Trees valued at $4,500 USD with my CDT and have received a certificate from the farmer declaring my ownership.

I wish all coins could work out as good as CDT. Qubit is an excellent choice to switch to.

What exactly is Qubit algo? Could someone help me out with where you might be able to rent rigs for this algo or if not what type of miner I need to have set up and where to find out how to set one up, I would really appreciate that Smiley Thanks Wink

Hey Noob Smiley

Qubit is a "old" algo. Its a bit neglected but was quite well established and several coins (CDT, Myriad, Unitus) have been supporting it.

Qubit is probably the fairest algo for home-miners as there are currently no rentals available for Qubit nor do I know of any kind of FPGA or "special kernels" supporting it.

I have had already several Qubit pools up, if you wanna try things out you can have a look at Suprnova's CDT pool for example, it will use the same settings as GEO will when it launches so your settings will be compatible.
Sweet thanks bro I'll check that out and probably see you there Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1002
Quel marth Melloneamin
+1 Qubit algo - nice choice Dev))) Wink
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

Hey Noob Smiley

Activity: 257
Merit: 250
So its time to launch.
And where is the wallet ?
Activity: 807
Merit: 251

+1
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
+1 for Qubit  Smiley

Nvidia ftw

Activity: 776
Merit: 308
GeoCoin Developer - GIS Technologist
It's nice to see a dev that is open to the communities suggestions!! Good choice on switching algos to Qubit, look forward to the upcoming launch.  Grin
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
DEV,to gain trust ,you'd better get every feature done when you get the premined coin.
Agree ?
Activity: 714
@kryptographer
@Dev, when you decide on a launch time, please PM me
Activity: 168
Merit: 111
GeoCoin Creator
The premine is a real killer here. Technically it may be 0.5%, but after a month it is still nearly 10%. It would be completely insane to buy that coin once it hits an exchange.

EMC2 has some kind of mining tax. I wonder why it isnt possible to have a really tiny premine and then add this kind of tax. I am not familliar with the details, but it cant be that comlicated, can it?

We had to do it so our developers can be paid a little for a lot of work. It is really good for the developers to have some coins because they will work really hard to make those coins valuable. After only 1 month 90% of the coins will be distributed through qubit mining which should allow for a nice distribution. Our vision is long term, many years. I don't really like the idea of taxing people to mine the coin, although I think it would be a suitable solution. If you are uncomfortable with it, wait until you see what we are using the premine for (our developments) before investing or mining.

Thanks
Activity: 168
Merit: 111
GeoCoin Creator
any info on aprox launch time?

I doubt it will be out anytime this week. They are switching algos. If they can do that in less than a week, I would be impressed.

Yes it will take time to switch algos and test. We will launch as soon as we're ready (no ninja, you will have some time if you want to mine at launch). I expect less than a week, that way fartbags will be impressed  Grin.

Update will be posted on this thread.
legendary
The premine is a real killer here. Technically it may be 0.5%, but after a month it is still nearly 10%. It would be completely insane to buy that coin once it hits an exchange.

EMC2 has some kind of mining tax. I wonder why it isnt possible to have a really tiny premine and then add this kind of tax. I am not familliar with the details, but it cant be that comlicated, can it?

I like that tax idea better than an initial bulk premine as well.

legendary

OP says:

Block Rewards:
1: 34000 (0.5% premine)
2-100 (0 instamine protection)
101-40,000: 10 (~ 1 month)
40,001-80,000:9 (~ 1 month)
80,001-120,000:8 (~ 1 month)
120,001-160,000:7 (~ 1 month)
160,001-200,000:6 (~ 1 month)
200,001-240,000:5 (~ 1 month)
240,001-280,000:4 (~ 1 month)
280,001-320,000:3 (~ 1 month)
320,001-360,000:2 (~ 1 month)
360,001-5,000000:1 (~ 9 years)

= 6,434,000 Total POW Coins

+ Annual POS Interest: 5%

POW coins + POS interest coins > 8,000,000 coins

I'm surprised these low/no premined coins still exist. Investors are completely happy investing into 100% premined coins. They might even like them better than these mined coins. All of the big new coins do 100% premined coins and sell 5% to 10% of the coins to fund the project.

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

Jump to: