Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [GEO] GeoCoin | GIS & GeoTechnologies - page 8. (Read 563991 times)

Activity: 776
Merit: 308
GeoCoin Developer - GIS Technologist
We are very excited to announce that the ERC20 wallet contracts have been developed for the $GEO backend.  Our goal is to test these wallet contracst out on the testnet over the next few months as we push towards the full launch.  Our focus will be on tying the backend altogether!  Cool

https://twitter.com/geo_coin/status/1133071813867532288

Does this mean that the geocoin.cash balances will finally be restored and withdrawals enabled? Been waiting years for this to happen

I think it does

And that will be a good time to invest, as many will go and sell their collected Geos on exchanges  Wink
Once all the backend is tied together you will be able to deposit or withdraw yes.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
We are very excited to announce that the ERC20 wallet contracts have been developed for the $GEO backend.  Our goal is to test these wallet contracst out on the testnet over the next few months as we push towards the full launch.  Our focus will be on tying the backend altogether!  Cool

Does this mean that the geocoin.cash balances will finally be restored and withdrawals enabled? Been waiting years for this to happen

I think it does

And that will be a good time to invest, as many will go and sell their collected Geos on exchanges  Wink
Activity: 26

Do not worry 55 today have less volume than Geo at Bittrex market

How long before Bittrex decides to delist Geocoin?

Julian Yap is admin there and he is the dev of UBIQ network which GEO is also a part of.

Do GEO devs have a great relationship whit Julian Yap ?

A potential delisting is always of concern to any project, I cannot say whether or not Bittrex will choose to keep or delist any project.  We continue to develop and push for the full launch of GEO as hard as we can.  I have met with Julian once recently in person and I'm active within the Ubiq Community Discord where the Ubiq Dev's hang out as well so I feel our relationship is solid.
Activity: 27
Activity: 27
Do not worry 55 today have less volume than Geo at Bittrex market

Julian Yap is admin there and he is the dev of UBIQ network which GEO is also a part of.

legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
someone really wants to dump their GEO   Shocked

someone just leaked a large number of coins. Never mind. after all, the product from 2015 on the market, all the crises have survived.

Amazing the market took this hit like nothing happened, GEO is rock solid. I'm gutted I didn't have a buy order under 2k, that would have been nice.
Not exactly sure what happened there, the only thing I can guess is a fat finger or someone flushing alts to switch over to BTC.

Agreed, pretty sure it was a fat finger. I don't think any rational person would sell like that.
$GEO development still going strong, we were able to add in some more frontend input validation to our new Collection Messages over the weekend.  This week we plan to continue improving some of the GUI user experience and also investigate some exciting new ideas brought forward from our community of beta testers!

https://twitter.com/geo_coin/status/1127994225805578240

someone just leaked a large number of coins. Never mind. after all, the product from 2015 on the market, all the crises have survived.

Amazing the market took this hit like nothing happened, GEO is rock solid. I'm gutted I didn't have a buy order under 2k, that would have been nice.
Not exactly sure what happened there, the only thing I can guess is a fat finger or someone flushing alts to switch over to BTC.
Hey Guys!

Want to share some of my thoughts and ideas after betatesting for you to consider, develop or say it is dumb )))

1. There should be the possibility to drop a fraction of geo, at least min 0,1. If the price of GeoCoin is $20-50 (ATH of GEOCoin was 35USD by the way) the usage of GeoCoin will be automatically reduced (you won’t be able to drop a few USD of GeoCoin). Another solution is to make a split of current GeoCoins, say 1:10-1:100
2. GeoCoins you drop are not visible when zoom out, it doesn’t sum into the blue/yellow/pink summary-circles.
3. The map looks very dark, it would be nice to have a possibility to switch between different color schemes, at least dark/light, and also to have a satellite photo map like in Google Maps (not sure if the MapBox has such features)
4. Navigation, like in GPS-navigation apps when it makes a route to the selected point, to a GeoCoin in our case 
5. NorthUp mode to the selected coin (the selected coin is always on the North)
6. Highlighting of a circle round the coin when you select it. The circle that indicates the area where you need to get in to collect it. It could be very useful during my betatesting when I was not sure if I could get a coin in the pound close to the shore but not enough close 
7. The possibility to set up the radius of such circle when you drop a coin. Different variations of how close you need to get to the coin to collect it could bring up more interesting user cases.
8. Passworded coins. When you try to collect such a coin, it asks you for a password to be collected.
9. Coin with the timer. Coin automatically returns to the original owner after the pre-specified time ends (and nobody took his chance to collect it).
10. The pattern of coins. You can collect the 2`nd coin only after you collected the 1’st one, the 3’d coin only after you collected the 2’nd coin etc. There can be interesting user cases, some kind of stagy quests with a specified path to pass and places to visit. This option can be released using Passworded coins (if each coin has the geo coordinates and the password of the next coin).

P.S. The project is very promising and I’m very glad to see it develops and enjoy participating in the betatesting! I think the only real risk the project can face – another project with the same gist and possible usage, but with many developers and PR/Marketing team onboard.  Such clone project can outdo GeoCoin and thus make GeoCoin obsolete.
Thanks for the feedback In-Sider!  I replied within the #geo channel on the Ubiq Discord!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

Activity: 560
Merit: 100
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

Activity: 6
Hey Guys!

Want to share some of my thoughts and ideas after betatesting for you to consider, develop or say it is dumb )))

1. There should be the possibility to drop a fraction of geo, at least min 0,1. If the price of GeoCoin is $20-50 (ATH of GEOCoin was 35USD by the way) the usage of GeoCoin will be automatically reduced (you won’t be able to drop a few USD of GeoCoin). Another solution is to make a split of current GeoCoins, say 1:10-1:100
2. GeoCoins you drop are not visible when zoom out, it doesn’t sum into the blue/yellow/pink summary-circles.
3. The map looks very dark, it would be nice to have a possibility to switch between different color schemes, at least dark/light, and also to have a satellite photo map like in Google Maps (not sure if the MapBox has such features)
4. Navigation, like in GPS-navigation apps when it makes a route to the selected point, to a GeoCoin in our case 
5. NorthUp mode to the selected coin (the selected coin is always on the North)
6. Highlighting of a circle round the coin when you select it. The circle that indicates the area where you need to get in to collect it. It could be very useful during my betatesting when I was not sure if I could get a coin in the pound close to the shore but not enough close 
7. The possibility to set up the radius of such circle when you drop a coin. Different variations of how close you need to get to the coin to collect it could bring up more interesting user cases.
8. Passworded coins. When you try to collect such a coin, it asks you for a password to be collected.
9. Coin with the timer. Coin automatically returns to the original owner after the pre-specified time ends (and nobody took his chance to collect it).
10. The pattern of coins. You can collect the 2`nd coin only after you collected the 1’st one, the 3’d coin only after you collected the 2’nd coin etc. There can be interesting user cases, some kind of stagy quests with a specified path to pass and places to visit. This option can be released using Passworded coins (if each coin has the geo coordinates and the password of the next coin).

P.S. The project is very promising and I’m very glad to see it develops and enjoy participating in the betatesting! I think the only real risk the project can face – another project with the same gist and possible usage, but with many developers and PR/Marketing team onboard.  Such clone project can outdo GeoCoin and thus make GeoCoin obsolete.
We're very excited to get started on some new functionality that was recently pitched to us from some community members helping out with the 2nd phase of beta testing.  We are investigating the ability to include some custom collection messages to the user who grabs a $GEO off the map.  This will allow for some exciting bonuses to be included with $GEO drops such as Amazon gift cards and others.  Keep the ideas coming folks!

https://twitter.com/geo_coin/status/1118924376789794817
Update: https://twitter.com/geo_coin/status/1121844865803833344

Cool
We hope everyone enjoyed the Easter long weekend with family and friends.  We are happy to process the next batch of PoL magnets.  2,000 more $GEO have just been dropped on the map!

https://twitter.com/geo_coin/status/1120763969994551296
We're very excited to get started on some new functionality that was recently pitched to us from some community members helping out with the 2nd phase of beta testing.  We are investigating the ability to include some custom collection messages to the user who grabs a $GEO off the map.  This will allow for some exciting bonuses to be included with $GEO drops such as Amazon gift cards and others.  Keep the ideas coming folks!

https://twitter.com/geo_coin/status/1118924376789794817
Taking this opportunity I will tell you that: The geolocation game "Let's Hunt Monsters" was released in China, combining the mechanics of "Pokémon GO" and "Cryptokitties". It has already become the most downloaded free to play game in the Chinese iOS Store, ahead of "PUBG" and "Honor of Kings".
Thanks for the heads up Nazim.  I personally think this is a good sign as more projects will enter the space of "spatial gaming".  As with cryptocurrency, there is more then just Bitcoin.  I feel there is plenty of room for growth and expansion of geospatial themed crypto projects and feel it only draws more attention to the space and helps bring more mass adoption.  Let's keep it GEOing!
Pages:
Jump to: