Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] GPUnion [GUT] PoW | Computing Power Ecosystem | Stop Mining For Nothing!! - page 4. (Read 8324 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Trade open in half an hour!

Trade open in QBTC now

Very good news, the exchange is very decent and this exchange has good trading volumes. I am happy for the team, they did well to find the necessary funds for the listing.

Thank you!
Activity: 434
Merit: 19

Trade open in QBTC now

Very good news, the exchange is very decent and this exchange has good trading volumes. I am happy for the team, they did well to find the necessary funds for the listing.
Activity: 41
New pool for GPUnion: https://gut.mine-vn.com
Pool fee: 1% -  Join Now!
Activity: 14
is a good start even the trading volume is very small. Hope GPUnion get listed on other exchange too
GUT now is listed in Blockfolio. Thanks for supporting.
so many things are wrong with this project.. sorry but it sounds bs to me.

GPUnion is a decentralized cloud computing platform. Built on blockchain, GPUnion aims to save the large amounts of computing resources that used to be wasted on mining, and to offer satisfying peer-to-peer computing power trading experiences. Instead of mining random hash values, resources in GPUnion ecosystem empowers modern technologies, including artificial intelligence, scientific computing, deep learning, etc. GUT(GPUnion Token) is used as the digital currency among GPUnion ecosystem to settle payments between providers and customers.

GPUnion aims to save the large amounts of computing resources that used to be wasted on mining

1. What made you think that large amounts of computing resources is wasted on mining? It is not wasted, miners get reward for their computing power. Even if it is wasted, how do you plan to 'save' it?

Instead of mining random hash values

2. Your project uses X16R which is the same algorithm used by other projects to mine "random hash values".

resources in GPUnion ecosystem empowers modern technologies, including artificial intelligence, scientific computing, deep learning, etc.

3. You cannot just use GPUs power to empower these areas by using X16R algorithm. You need to develop an actual software, a different software/application/plug-in for each of these areas. For example, if you want to focus on "machine learning", you need to contact with, lets say, 'dataikue' (dataiku.com), if they need more computing power (which I doubt), then you can develop an application for their side and for our (miners) side. Then you can finally, actually start selling our GPUs power to them. They pay you for computing power in GUT, then you pay us our shares in GUT, then we can sell them on exchanges, etc... and so on...

Hi. Thanks for the reply. But you didn't understand what our project is at all.

YES. We are using x16r to attract miners to distrute GUT just like others for current stage.

The next stage, which will come very soon, is that we will publish our Apps. Both Miner side and customer side. Miner will stop mining and start to share GPU with customers. Customers will be able to do scientific analysis using the GPUs provided by targeted miners. Payment will be resolved by GUT. We name our first app as GPUnion Distributed Virtual Machine.(DVM)

After the huge success of DVM, we will launch our second project in the roadmap, GPUnion FOG. In this new project, we will aim to share GPUs with non tech customers to meet the future development of ML science.

Hope this help you better understand what is GPUnion.

Ok I understand that distribution of the tokens are being done by mining, not through ICO, thats good thinking. But there are still lots of things unclear for me... I always get excited for projects like this, there are already a couple working project right now which I participating in with my GPUs, but yours is really unclear for me.

1. When miners stop mining, how do plan to produce new supply of coins?

2. When project actually starts HOW clients in need of computing power purchase GUT? Through where? Exchanges? None of the clients would buy coins through exchanges.

3. For this type of application (GPU power network/cloud) you need lots of resources and budget, and developing this type of softwares would take YEARS. You should have a working demo by now.

4. Since there was no ICOs how did you raise budget for this project? Do you have any investors/partners? I cant see any partners on your website.

5. Who are you guys? I cant see any information about the members of your team. Who is developing this project?

1. Only miners received orders will transfer to providers. Others will stay in mining. Note that providers completed orders will turn back to miners.

2. Yes, exchanges are important in any of crypto project.

3. We are experienced software engineers, we estimated the project and covered it into the roadmap. Please don't estimate things you are not familiar with. And yes, demo will be out very soon.

4. No, we don't have investors. Maybe there will be in the future. But for the current stage, it's not an urgent need for us.

5. As explained before, we are sophisticated software engineers came from top companies including GOOGLE, MICROSOFT, AMAZON. Details will be unvailed later.

The fact is, GPUnion is only 3 weeks old. However, we are growing very fast.

If you are really interested in our project, please read our whitepaper. You can find most answers there. Thank you.

http://gpunion.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/GPUnion-Whitepaper-v1.0.pdf
Activity: 8
Merit: 6

GPUnion is a decentralized cloud computing platform. Built on blockchain, GPUnion aims to save the large amounts of computing resources that used to be wasted on mining, and to offer satisfying peer-to-peer computing power trading experiences. Instead of mining random hash values, resources in GPUnion ecosystem empowers modern technologies, including artificial intelligence, scientific computing, deep learning, etc. GUT(GPUnion Token) is used as the digital currency among GPUnion ecosystem to settle payments between providers and customers.

GPUnion aims to save the large amounts of computing resources that used to be wasted on mining

1. What made you think that large amounts of computing resources is wasted on mining? It is not wasted, miners get reward for their computing power. Even if it is wasted, how do you plan to 'save' it?

2. Your project uses X16R which is the same algorithm used by other projects to mine "random hash values".

resources in GPUnion ecosystem empowers modern technologies, including artificial intelligence, scientific computing, deep learning, etc.

3. You cannot just use GPUs power to empower these areas by using X16R algorithm. You need to develop an actual software, a different software/application/plug-in for each of these areas. For example, if you want to focus on "machine learning", you need to contact with, lets say, 'dataikue' (dataiku.com), if they need more computing power (which I doubt), then you can develop an application for their side and for our (miners) side. Then you can finally, actually start selling our GPUs power to them. They pay you for computing power in GUT, then you pay us our shares in GUT, then we can sell them on exchanges, etc... and so on...

YES. We are using x16r to attract miners to distrute GUT just like others for current stage.

The next stage, which will come very soon, is that we will publish our Apps. Both Miner side and customer side. Miner will stop mining and start to share GPU with customers. Customers will be able to do scientific analysis using the GPUs provided by targeted miners. Payment will be resolved by GUT. We name our first app as GPUnion Distributed Virtual Machine.(DVM)

After the huge success of DVM, we will launch our second project in the roadmap, GPUnion FOG. In this new project, we will aim to share GPUs with non tech customers to meet the future development of ML science.

Ok I understand that distribution of the tokens are being done by mining, not through ICO, thats good thinking. But there are still lots of things unclear for me... I always get excited for projects like this, there are already a couple working project right now which I participating in with my GPUs, but yours is really unclear for me.

1. When miners stop mining, how do plan to produce new supply of coins?

2. When project actually starts HOW clients in need of computing power purchase GUT? Through where? Exchanges? None of the clients would buy coins through exchanges.

3. For this type of application (GPU power network/cloud) you need lots of resources and budget, and developing this type of softwares would take YEARS. You should have a working demo by now.

4. Since there was no ICOs how did you raise budget for this project? Do you have any investors/partners? I cant see any partners on your website.

5. Who are you guys? I cant see any information about the members of your team. Who is developing this project?

Merit: 6

Merit: 1
Shared Mining?! Seems very interesting, would like to try it out.
Pages:
Jump to: