Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Halcyon v1.1.0.2 ~ NeoScrypt PoW and up to 100% PoS - page 15. (Read 73219 times)

legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
ghostlander, just sent some HAL your way, hope the donation address is still valid.

Thanks, it's valid. Every donation coming in gets staked there.

About stealth transactions in HAL. Are they needed really? There was a proprietary HAL wallet for these once upon a time. This is an old story. Dan Metcalf added support for these anonymous transactions using his XC code, advertised it to be reviewed and working properly, so Prometheus could pump HAL to 50K sats. Of course, this code has been never open sourced. SX may be added in several ways, but the most practical are either dual key addresses with ring signatures as implemented in DarkWallet and SDC, or a more complicated solution with master nodes like in Dash. Zerocash doesn't seem optimal. If there are other competitive designs, I'm all ears.
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Here's the good word, we need a new exchange because FUCK that crap shoot cryptsy. I hate that fucking exchange and all in all its got a terrible reputation.

What's wrong with Cryptsy? They don't delist coins with low trade volume at least.

The only problem I have with it is discouraging withdrawals while dropping trading fees. They now charge 0.5% of your funds when processing withdrawals. I guess that the reason behind removing the fees is that they can invite manipulators and create fake volume. It happened with bittrex where coin had thousands of btc's in volume (with very few btc's support in buy/sell books) thanks to a few ppl. This exchange is about to die just like bittrex did.
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
ghostlander, just sent some HAL your way, hope the donation address is still valid.
I think Poloniex could be a good choice.

I agree, poloniex has improved their exchange 1000-fold from when it first launched. It also looks like it's the "main" exchange for alts as of now.
Activity: 591
Merit: 501
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow
I think Poloniex could be a good choice.
Cryptsy is just such an awful exchange. Their UI sucks, their support sucks, and they already have a terrible reputation. As I type this I am dealing with login issues on their shit exchange.
Here's the good word, we need a new exchange because FUCK that crap shoot cryptsy. I hate that fucking exchange and all in all its got a terrible reputation.

What's wrong with Cryptsy? They don't delist coins with low trade volume at least.

Their volume is tanking.

They also have too many shitcoins listed. I mean those abandoned by the devs ages ago. You can hardly find any full nodes or block explorers for them yet they are still traded there and pumped/dumped occasionally. OTOH there are Trex and Cex who list/delist dozens of coins every month no matter if these are maintained or abandoned.
Activity: 225

Their volume is tanking.

So, anything in the pipeline?

If you're asking about the development, watch my GitHub.

BTW, is there any demand for an IRC client integration into the wallet?

I think that would be a good idea. It would give the people here a more direct channel to chat instead of the forums.

Forums are better because they're visible to everyone. Make it easy for outsiders to evaluate community size and activity level, to report issues and solve them, etc. IRC is just for talks.

It's not about the now, but the future. If Halcyon grows do you think new users would want IRC in wallet? I'm impartial to the IRC now, but might as well have it for the future right?

I think if we'll need it, we'll add it. A dead IRC channel isn't any better than no IRC channel at all.

I think that would be a good idea. It would give the people here a more direct channel to chat instead of the forums.

Forums are better because they're visible to everyone. Make it easy for outsiders to evaluate community size and activity level, to report issues and solve them, etc. IRC is just for talks.

It's not about the now, but the future. If Halcyon grows do you think new users would want IRC in wallet? I'm impartial to the IRC now, but might as well have it for the future right?

legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
Dev which thread is current if this thread is not being updated oftenly by you than please lock it, since today i found another much heavier thread about this coin

You are probably viewing the old Halcyon thread which was a Metcalf scam, this thread is the community takeover revitalized Halcyon with a new algo and ghostlander is the current dev. In fact is there someone we could talk to about locking the old thread?

appreciate clarifying it actually this what was my understanding that ghostlander is the real dev of this coin Smiley i didnt go through all the pages
Dev which thread is current if this thread is not being updated oftenly by you than please lock it, since today i found another much heavier thread about this coin

New dev, new thread. What's the problem?

You are probably viewing the old Halcyon thread which was a Metcalf scam, this thread is the community takeover revitalized Halcyon with a new algo and ghostlander is the current dev. In fact is there someone we could talk to about locking the old thread?

New dev, new thread. What's the problem?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
I'm getting together a list of suggestions for the next wallet release. What would you like to get improved?

Working wallet repair with some GUI integration. These orphans are annoying.
Pages:
Jump to: