Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] HelixCoin [HXC] SHA3 - ON TO CRYSTAL! - EXCHANGED - page 6. (Read 76944 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
i'd solomine if it weren't so complicated :|
Activity: 300
Merit: 250

that is too bad, but at least easy to solomine now with the low diff Smiley
approx 3hrs between blocks with 760MHs which is not so bad.
Activity: 55
Activity: 300
dead or what?
Activity: 518
I am a meat Popsicle
All the data movement shouldn't even be a blip on your CPU usage. I think I get about 0% to 0.7% CPU usage on cgminer on a low-end Celeron.

If you're getting high CPU usage then something is wrong. Make sure "gen=0" is in the helixcoin.conf file.  If you're on Linux make sure it's using the libOpenCL from the fglrx install and not the broken one from the AMD APP SDK (this might apply to Windows also, I have no idea). The broken SDK libopencl causes an irq storm.

That was an oversimplification, yes

Mind you, Sha3 is different from scrypt and i can confirm that the cpu usage is from the sha3 cgminer and not a wallet with setgenerate turned on.

I couldnt tell you exactly why sha3 uses cpu like it does, but there are no negative impacts observed by the dev team, so we quite like the algorithm
I am using Windows 7 64bit, and I too can confirm High usage of CPU with CGMiner when mining this coin I do not get as high a number I am getting around 50-60%

Low end celery here, seeing 50 to 60 % cpu usage. Got 2 x r9 290 running 1100 gpu and 650 memory, At stock gpu clock I can knock 37mv off gpu voltage but at 1100 I can only knock around 11mv off the voltage. Seeing a reduction of about 6 Celsius - less heat and noise - electricity usage probably down about 20 %
I have my mem down to 800, i cannot undervolt my 280X toxic as I have the gpu clocked to 1225 to get 410Mh/s my 7870 and 7770 are not worth undervolting
I am a meat Popsicle
WTF are you talking about, I have memory downclocked and my 280x is still at 84C with fans running full tilt, i see no benefits here
Activity: 28
Even with increased CPU usage i have noted power savings and definitely lower noise because of less heat.
CPU use worthwhile trade to avoid the countless scrypt coins and save power+noise+heat.
I am a meat Popsicle
All the data movement shouldn't even be a blip on your CPU usage. I think I get about 0% to 0.7% CPU usage on cgminer on a low-end Celeron.

If you're getting high CPU usage then something is wrong. Make sure "gen=0" is in the helixcoin.conf file.  If you're on Linux make sure it's using the libOpenCL from the fglrx install and not the broken one from the AMD APP SDK (this might apply to Windows also, I have no idea). The broken SDK libopencl causes an irq storm.

Mind you, Sha3 is different from scrypt and i can confirm that the cpu usage is from the sha3 cgminer and not a wallet with setgenerate turned on.

I couldnt tell you exactly why sha3 uses cpu like it does, but there are no negative impacts observed by the dev team, so we quite like the algorithm
I am using Windows 7 64bit, and I too can confirm High usage of CPU with CGMiner when mining this coin I do not get as high a number I am getting around 50-60%

What I'm saying is that I get essentially 0% CPU on the sha-3 cgminer.   If you're seeing high CPU then something is wrong.  Smiley  Are you seeing this issue on Windows or Linux?

Seems exceedingly common on winderps. Dang amd drivers some of the time....
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
PoSToken
mining now!!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 170
Merit: 100

What I'm saying is that I get essentially 0% CPU on the sha-3 cgminer.   If you're seeing high CPU then something is wrong.  Smiley  Are you seeing this issue on Windows or Linux?
Activity: 115
PoSToken
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Come on boys , let me vote for HXC here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Added to OP Grin
Maybe you should wait for price to rise,and then sell one part of premine for BTC also we could donate a little bit and to buy votes on mintpal? What do you think?
I think you are right,op must buy votes on mintpal

Activity: 67
I really think the sha3 is better than scrypt,thanks for the dev
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Please can somebody tell me how to get my wallet syncing. Dunno wots going on here
The config file that should be in the same folder as your wallet needs to be moved to your appdata\roaming folder for Helixcoin. For some reason Maxcoin and Helixcoin both were done this way, requiring the manual moving of the file to that folder.

Cheers mate. All sorted. Much Appreciatiatedv:) Smiley
Activity: 170
Merit: 100

any ideas how to disable cpu while mining with gpu in random helix pools. It seems to me that with every pool while mining, cpu pops to 100%, only dwarfpool used just gpu so far. Others used gpu+cpu, but cpu was not visually shown in cgminer

I have experienced similar high cpu usage. On an i5 with 2 r9 290s the cpu was pegged at 60%, and for 4 r9 290 the i5 100%.
The CPU is not directly being used by the miner, it is indirectly impacted by all of the data movement. Despite this, the overall power use is still less than scrypt.
Ive also found that you can use the miner like a pc when mining at full tilt, which is another benefit of sha3
Activity: 51
any ideas how to disable cpu while mining with gpu in random helix pools. It seems to me that with every pool while mining, cpu pops to 100%, only dwarfpool used just gpu so far. Others used gpu+cpu, but cpu was not visually shown in cgminer
Please can somebody tell me how to get my wallet syncing. Dunno wots going on here
The config file that should be in the same folder as your wallet needs to be moved to your appdata\roaming folder for Helixcoin. For some reason Maxcoin and Helixcoin both were done this way, requiring the manual moving of the file to that folder.

at some point today I intend to add more lines to the automatic configuration script so that it will be a non issue for users not that familiar with coins Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: