Pages:
Author

Topic: <ANN> HoboNickels HBN Mandatory UPDATE to version 1.1 - page 10. (Read 61227 times)

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Follow up: when you untar the source you get the Github address in the .git

They also left git logs and other assorted crap in that tarball. HAVE FUN.

https://github.com/maxxine/HoboNickels

Edit: as has been pointed out previously in this thread, it looks like someone forgot to commit to that github. Seriously amateur.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
No github?Huh How do you source control your project? And how do you expect us to keep updated if you roll out a new version? No, guy. Not impressed.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
is it really that confusing to use github?  I really have a huge lack of trust for people who can't use a public version control system
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
joined the pool, let's go hobonickel!
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
Block explorer found here: http://hobo.gets-it.net/

Thanks Petr1fied!!!!

Any donations or bounty should go to him, I am only the middleman.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
How much longer until client update is available?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
you may want to keep wallets off when not using them for transfers to stop using up an coinage until after update rolls out.

A block explorer would be awesome, we can try to raise a bounty .. everything is donated.
legendary
Going to be a update incoming tonight. Checkpoint error fix and also a fix for the stake.  All is well in Hobo land, behind the scenes there is a group top notch players pitching in. Going to be some custom T-shirts going out as thank you's  pics and props to follow.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Why is my wallet appear:
WARNING:Checkpoint is too old .Redownload blockchain .If warning persist contact the Development Team
anyone can solve it?
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
dev need to change the checkpoint checking date in the code, or to provide more recent checkpoints.
legendary
Activity: 1764
I have same error: WARNING:Checkpoint is too old .Redownload blockchain .If warning persist contact the Development Team

Same thing I am experiecing.. I already deleted and downloaded the blockchain but still the same error.

Any correction for this?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
I have same error: WARNING:Checkpoint is too old .Redownload blockchain .If warning persist contact the Development Team
And if I delete roaming files (exept conf file) There is no connestion to the network anymore.
I have two nodes:
addnode=69.85.86.195
addnode=74.196.48.62
legendary
A cool HoboNickel!

and the checkpoint message is ok nothing is broke, its a dev reminder to add some new checkpoints soon, and they will be.

Nothing is broken in regards to checkpoints.

HBN is a open group project.

There is a very strong HoboNickels group of devs and supporters behind it.

Anyone is welcome to help or contribute.

The spirit of this whole project was everyone pitching in to help others.
Why is my wallet appear:
WARNING:Checkpoint is too old .Redownload blockchain .If warning persist contact the Development Team
want to sell 500HBN
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

My wallet is unencrypted. So all I have to do is wait for the 10 days to have passed.

Coolio. Its worth considering that PoS will be generated from the first eligible block that you mined. Therefore you might want to wait until a good number of mined blocks are eligible for PoS minting.
legendary
Activity: 980
Need a campaign manager? PM me
Any guide on how to generate stake coins?

Anyone?

Oh go on then...

If your HoboNickel wallet in not encrypted with a pass phrase then any balance older than 10 days can mint PoS blocks.

If your HoboNickel wallet is encrypted the padlock text will show 'wallet is encrypted and currently locked'. You can unlock your wallet for PoS minting in the qt client by going to Help > Debug Window > Console and typing the following:

> walletpassphrase yourpasspharse 99999999 true

'yourpassphrase' is your pass phrase and the 99999999 number is just a long time to leave the wallet unlocked.

If you did this correctly the padlock text hover over will show 'wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked', if you have an eligible PoS balance you should see some of you balance move to stake (probably within a few hours, if not its worth restarting the client every 4 hours or so, if your really keen to get your first PoS block). When the PoS block is fully confirmed your balance will be re-credited with the stake and the PoS.

Your eligible PoS balance (coin age) resets when it has been staked i.e. it will take another 10 days to generate more stake from the same balance.

If you don't want to stake all or any of your coins then you can add reservebalance=100 (example) to your hobonickels.conf i.e. if you have a 1000 balance eligible for PoS minting (more than 10 days coin age) if you set reservebalance=100 then only a maximum of 900 of your balance will be staked.

Some PoS coins require a .bat to unlock an encrypted wallet when using 'bitcoind'. Hope that helps.

P.S. If only I could of told my future self in 2009 that in 2013 I'd be mining BottleCaps and HoboNickles... lol  Wink

CryptoHobo FTW !!!  Cool

Thanks Smiley

My wallet is unencrypted. So all I have to do is wait for the 10 days to have passed.
legendary
Wondering if any of 'The Original Hobo Nickel Society' modern carvers might be interested in carving a batch of physical CryptoHobo Nickles for digital HoboNickels ?

See: http://www.hobonickels.org/modern_carvers.html (some amazing artwork and carvings)

Lets not all email them at once now though!
legendary
Any guide on how to generate stake coins?

Anyone?

Oh go on then...

If your HoboNickel wallet in not encrypted with a pass phrase then any balance older than 10 days can mint PoS blocks.

If your HoboNickel wallet is encrypted the padlock text will show 'wallet is encrypted and currently locked'. You can unlock your wallet for PoS minting in the qt client by going to Help > Debug Window > Console and typing the following:

> walletpassphrase yourpasspharse 99999999 true

'yourpassphrase' is your pass phrase and the 99999999 number is just a long time to leave the wallet unlocked.

If you did this correctly the padlock text hover over will show 'wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked', if you have an eligible PoS balance you should see some of you balance move to stake (probably within a few hours, if not its worth restarting the client every 4 hours or so, if your really keen to get your first PoS block). When the PoS block is fully confirmed your balance will be re-credited with the stake and the PoS.

Your eligible PoS balance (coin age) resets when it has been staked i.e. it will take another 10 days to generate more stake from the same balance.

If you don't want to stake all or any of your coins then you can add reservebalance=100 (example) to your hobonickels.conf i.e. if you have a 1000 balance eligible for PoS minting (more than 10 days coin age) if you set reservebalance=100 then only a maximum of 900 of your balance will be staked.

Some PoS coins require a .bat to unlock an encrypted wallet when using 'bitcoind'. Hope that helps.

P.S. If only I could of told my future self in 2009 that in 2013 I'd be mining BottleCaps and HoboNickles... lol  Wink

CryptoHobo FTW !!!  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: