Pages:
Author

Topic: <ANN> HoboNickels HBN Mandatory UPDATE to version 1.1 - page 8. (Read 61227 times)

legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
started new pool for HBN
1.5% pool fee with proportional payments.
http://hbn.zabmail.ru
stratum on same host port 3337

got my miners on it, see how it works out, thanks for the pool!

O
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
hey guys, working on setting up my first pool, so super green, but on the hobonickel compile make -f makefile.unix USE_PNP=- like the instructions say I get to a spot in the compile and it errors out with

g++ -c -O2 -msse2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/home/ubuntu/HoboNickels/src -I/home/ubuntu/HoboNickels/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/net.d -o obj/net.o net.cpp

net.cpp:19:32: fatal error: miniupnpc/miniwget.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/net.o] Error 1

"-" is supposed to work without needing the miniupnpc loaded...anyone know a workaround other than installing the UPNP libraries?

Above in the make, i see DUSE_PNP=0 but I have verified numerous times it's -, not sure here...

Any help appreciated.
O

i got it, it was USE_UPNP=- !!!
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Play some blackjack now with your HBN at

http://cryptoblackjack.kicks-ass.net/
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
started new pool for HBN
1.5% pool fee with proportional payments.
http://hbn.zabmail.ru
stratum on same host port 3337
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
hey guys, working on setting up my first pool, so super green, but on the hobonickel compile make -f makefile.unix USE_PNP=- like the instructions say I get to a spot in the compile and it errors out with

g++ -c -O2 -msse2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/home/ubuntu/HoboNickels/src -I/home/ubuntu/HoboNickels/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/net.d -o obj/net.o net.cpp

net.cpp:19:32: fatal error: miniupnpc/miniwget.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/net.o] Error 1

"-" is supposed to work without needing the miniupnpc loaded...anyone know a workaround other than installing the UPNP libraries?

Above in the make, i see DUSE_PNP=0 but I have verified numerous times it's -, not sure here...

Any help appreciated.
O
Activity: 524
Merit: 500
the real git is now posted on the front page. I missed checking forums im multitasking my butt off atm.
sorry for delay  https://github.com/ahmedbodi/HoboNickels
Thank you for sharing your .DS_Store files with the rest of the world Cheesy
Activity: 44
This thing is broke. I would have atleast 15 blocks which should have been staked by now. Instead I just got 2 mined messages with 0 coins and nothing in stake  Huh

The fix is being set in motion 20th August. Those are stake blocks. Once confirmed, the stake blocks goes into your wallet (At a value of 5 HBN). The stake does not work at the moment, that is why the fix is being released.
legendary
Activity: 980
Need a campaign manager? PM me
This thing is broke. I would have atleast 15 blocks which should have been staked by now. Instead I just got 2 mined messages with 0 coins and nothing in stake  Huh
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
EnUN3HMpXdM8bKaDbvS6SMPe2RmLFNDGje
Activity: 24
i know, im jumping on with my new card as soon as my pool is back online, seeing the demand of the coin, im working on a bug fix that me and dencoin experienced due to the  block time of the coin, increasing the security then opening the pool for public use, the expected date for opening may be a while longer as i have some more improvements to the pool that id like to add while the pool is down now rather than having to take the pool down again a few days after its up

EDIT: could you guys give me an idea as to where youre from? im setting up a few stratum servers worldwide to reduce stales and currently have one in america, canada and hopefully UK

This hobo resides in Austin, TX. Gotta love a town where you can spange on almost any corner, and buy tacos on the corners where you can't. The problem is that people tell you that it isn't the heat that's bad here, but the humidity. Those people are liars.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
i know, im jumping on with my new card as soon as my pool is back online, seeing the demand of the coin, im working on a bug fix that me and dencoin experienced due to the  block time of the coin, increasing the security then opening the pool for public use, the expected date for opening may be a while longer as i have some more improvements to the pool that id like to add while the pool is down now rather than having to take the pool down again a few days after its up

EDIT: could you guys give me an idea as to where youre from? im setting up a few stratum servers worldwide to reduce stales and currently have one in america, canada and hopefully UK
Activity: 24
    Sorry to say that after putting my head into the code today, and having Mullick(awesome caps dev) look at the changes and add a few more.
The update is going to have too much rolled into it for a quick release. Everyone will need time for a mandatory update.

We have made the most of coding changes and its ready to go on the git. We will post the link for the update soon. All clients will need to be updated for it to take effect.

The updated code will go live 8-20-13.
This will give everyone enough time to update clients.

The updated links will be posted when ready. I will also make a ann thread for the mandatory update.

please do not redownload blockchain it wont fix the warning. If you are worried you will not get the stake you are due you can keep wallet shut or set reservebalance=100000 in your .conf

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it.  I miss mining HoboNickels, so I will console myself with some Wild Irish Rose until the hobonickel.com mining pool is back.
Activity: 519
Merit: 253

The updated links will be posted when ready. I will also make a ann thread for the mandatory update.

please do not redownload blockchain it wont fix the warning. If you are worried you will not get the stake you are due you can keep wallet shut or set reservebalance=100000 in your .conf

Arrgh! Hodor doesnt understand this, do you mean that PoS is not working yet?

Kinda working, you need more then 1 block to get staked to get a reward. Rounding error problem. You can send a batch of mined hbn to another wallet and it will stake.

Fix for singe mined blocks coming soon.

If you send a block to another wallet do you have to wait for 10 days before the PoS kicks in? If so I will wait for the update, if not I will shuffle coins.
legendary
Activity: 980
Need a campaign manager? PM me

My wallet is unencrypted. So all I have to do is wait for the 10 days to have passed.

Coolio. Its worth considering that PoS will be generated from the first eligible block that you mined. Therefore you might want to wait until a good number of mined blocks are eligible for PoS minting.

I had mined 4 blocks on 7/28 and more on subsequent dates. I am still not seeing any balance moving to stake.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.

Kinda working, you need more then 1 block to get staked to get a reward. Rounding error problem. You can send a batch of mined hbn to another wallet and it will stake.

Fix for singe mined blocks coming soon.
Activity: 303
Merit: 250

legendary
I guess I was worried about the warning message because it was a warning message. If the warning message is to be ignored, why have a warning message?

At any rate, it appears to be working.

its a reminder to the dev to add checkpoints. the wording is bad. "dev needs to add checkpoints soon" would be more accurate.
legendary
     Sorry to say that after putting my head into the code today, and having Mullick(awesome caps dev) look at the changes and add a few more.
The update is going to have too much rolled into it for a quick release. Everyone will need time for a mandatory update.

We have made the most of coding changes and its ready to go on the git. We will post the link for the update soon. All clients will need to be updated for it to take effect.

Activity: 18
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
I guess I was worried about the warning message because it was a warning message. If the warning message is to be ignored, why have a warning message?

At any rate, it appears to be working.

Its a warning not an error. The devs are working on it and it will be addressed soon.

Now sip some wine from a paper bag, and enjoy the hobo experience.
Pages:
Jump to: