Pages:
Author

Topic: <ANN> HoboNickels HBN Mandatory UPDATE to version 1.1 - page 5. (Read 61227 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
This is going to fork in two days. 

All CAP-clones are doomed unless the developers are actively changing the code.

If you are smart you will sell for any amount you can get.  De-listing will follow and then death.
Activity: 519
Merit: 253

This has been broke for a while. I really like it, who runs it?

I like that style block explorer also. Especially for "exploring" the chain, just easier than one block at a time. Not sure who runs them.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
legendary
Ehm, are stakes working now, or is it just me buying coins that are staking ^^ ?

No stake on my mined coins. Updated client has not been released yet as far as I know. It was scheduledbfor the 20th. Not sure if that is still a valid date or not.

You just need a block of 50 coins or more to gen stake. If you are mining, simply wait for 50 coins and move them to another wallet, that is up all the time. It will get staked. Been working great for me.

When you move them do you have to wait the 10 days again? What if you do a send to self, have you tried that?

I figured I would just wait for the new client. In hindsight I should have been transferring them all as I went.

Yes 10 days, plus stake diff comes into place.  I can say 100% from one wallet to the next it works perfect. I have only just tested from self to self. Been 9 days.  I assume it should work.

Ehm, are stakes working now, or is it just me buying coins that are staking ^^ ?

No stake on my mined coins. Updated client has not been released yet as far as I know. It was scheduledbfor the 20th. Not sure if that is still a valid date or not.

You just need a block of 50 coins or more to gen stake. If you are mining, simply wait for 50 coins and move them to another wallet, that is up all the time. It will get staked. Been working great for me.

When you move them do you have to wait the 10 days again? What if you do a send to self, have you tried that?

I figured I would just wait for the new client. In hindsight I should have been transferring them all as I went.
legendary

legendary
Yes agree wholeheartedly, better to take time with the fixes. Would rather a later release that works with no forks, then a quick one that has issues.

So far the only thing that HBN is not doing 100% correct is stake. But simply waiting for 10 blocks to be solved and moving 50 coins to another wallet works great!  I have been getting a few very nice stakes lately.
Thanks for the update. I agree wholeheartedly that the release should make sure that CAP is running ok before putting it in the wild. I have had enough fun with CAP, prefer not to have any of that type of fun with my HBN.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
OK time for a update:

The HBN patch has been getting pushed back as we waited to see how the CAP situation played out. Many of the same fixes getting applied to CAP will also be used on HBN, so it made no sense to rush out he HBN changes before CAP had stabilized its issues.

CAP now seems to be secure at this point, Mullick would like a chance to double check everything one final time tonight on CAPS side before finalizing the HBN fixes.

So.. hopefully new client rolls out on time. It will include checkpoints and stake fixes.

However when the stake code change takes place it will be on a set block in the future not changed right when the new client is used, yes the code is in there but wont activate for a set number of blocks (stake changes have to be pushed back enough to make sure everyone is on new client.)

Will update with any new info as soon as i can.

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
legendary
Thanks for the answer guys. I like this coin more each day  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
One question to devs.
Where are transaction fees come for now.
As i see on my pool wallet and blockchain explorer, every "generate" block are extactly 5.00 HBN, even if block not empty and included some transations with fees.
These fees simply disappears somewhere. On other coins transaction fees is included into generate transaction.
Its by design or there are some bug in the code?

This is a legitimate question... blundertoe, shakezula and maybe mullick... this deserves an answer.

Yep will all PoS implementations currently fees are destroyed to slightly counteract inflation. Since fees are not required as a incentive when the PoW reward diminishes their only purpose is to prevent transaction spam. Hence the small fees compared to litecoin ect.

Pos will still generate more coins then transaction fees so it will not cause the total supply to diminish
legendary
Activity: 938
transaction fees are destroyed

" The proof-of-stake minting introduces at most 1% annual inflation. Meanwhile, PPCoin's transaction fees are destroyed to counterbalance these inflationary forces."

https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/wiki/FAQ
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
One question to devs.
As i see on my pool wallet and blockchain explorer, every "generate" block are extactly 5.00 HBN, even if block not empty and included some transations with fees.
These fees simply disappears somewhere. On other coins transaction fees is included into generate transaction.

This is a legitimate question... blundertoe, shakezula and maybe mullick... this deserves an answer.
Activity: 3
alright, where is my transaction fees!?
legendary
Yes I too would like to know this.
legendary
Activity: 1198
One question to devs.

Very good question.
Activity: 49
One question to devs.

Sorry to say that after putting my head into the code today, and having Mullick(awesome caps dev) look at the changes and add a few more.
The update is going to have too much rolled into it for a quick release. Everyone will need time for a mandatory update.

We have made the most of coding changes and its ready to go on the git. We will post the link for the update soon. All clients will need to be updated for it to take effect.

The updated code will go live 8-20-13.
This will give everyone enough time to update clients.

The updated links will be posted when ready. I will also make a ann thread for the mandatory update.

please do not redownload blockchain it wont fix the warning. If you are worried you will not get the stake you are due you can keep wallet shut or set reservebalance=100000 in your .conf

Look like on the 20th it is due to arrive.
Pages:
Jump to: