Author

Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] 5% Interest. No Staking Req. Term Deposits 10%. Solo Mining. - page 117. (Read 472878 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
hello guys, i have an issue.  I had a hodl wallet, version 1.0.0.  Never knew about the update to version 2.0.0.   A friend sent some HODL, he was also in the 1.0.0 version totally unaware that an updtae took place.   Anyways, he sent it and i did receive it.   I sent 1 HODL over to yobit and it never arrived, thats how i found out about the update.  So i went and updated to version 2.0.0 resynched from scratch and loaded my old wallet.dat  

My friend´s deposit was showing, but is showing as "in conflict" has an X on the side, and obviouly the HODL is not credited in my balance.  

I used the -salvagewallet command from the prompt, and it booted and recheck fine, but when i opened the wallet the "conflicting" tranactions had dissapeared from the trasaction history.  

So i went ahead and reloaded the original wallet.dat file.  The transactions are showing again as conlficted, but at least i see them there right?  

I feels like there is a compatibility issue or some kind of thing went crazy with those last transactions from my buddy.  Is there a way to get em back?  I still keep the original 1.0.0 appdata folder in a backup in case its necesary to go way back.  

thanx in advance for any help or pointer provided.  
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
:::: Good news: A Previously unknown feature was published by FreeTrade Smiley ::::

^^^   see the post above    ^^^

Hi FreeTade,

Please not another fork. A fork creates more problems than it solves. It's good that you have published this behavior. "It's a bug or a feature"? I think the second  Wink . It allows anybody to maturate longer. Once some coins are transferred, these extra-maturation will stop. The effect will therefore not be as strong.

sorry for my english
germansailor
This fork is different from the previous, this one doesn't add anything but just fixes a bug, therefore if executed cleanly it won't make any problems.

I see problems with exchanges :-(

Hmm, yeah... Maybe it's not worth the hassle to fork.
Activity: 35
:::: Good news: A Previously unknown feature was published by FreeTrade Smiley ::::

Hi FreeTade,

Please not another fork. A fork creates more problems than it solves. It's good that you have published this behavior. "It's a bug or a feature"? I think the second  Wink . It allows anybody to maturate longer. Once some coins are transferred, these extra-maturation will stop. The effect will therefore not be as strong.

sorry for my english
germansailor
This fork is different from the previous, this one doesn't add anything but just fixes a bug, therefore if executed cleanly it won't make any problems.

I see problems with exchanges :-(
Activity: 462

Hi FreeTade,

sorry for my english
germansailor
Activity: 35

^^^   see the post above    ^^^

Hi FreeTade,

sorry for my english
germansailor
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
I noticed some strange behavior with matured deposits yesterday that I've been looking into. After a term deposit matures, it's not supposed to earn any further interest until it's either moved or placed into another term deposit. However I noticed matured deposits were still earning interest and I figured out why today.

The error is on or about line 232 of transaction.cpp -

blocks=std::min(ONEYEAR,valuationHeight-outputBlockHeight);

The code should also check that the number of blocks being rewarded is not greater than the term deposit time but does not.

Here's an example of what it means in practice.

Let's say you make a term deposit of 100 HODL for 2 months.

What should happen is that after 2 months your deposit is unlocked and ceases to earn interest.

What actually happens is that after 2 months the deposit is unlocked but continues to earn interest for up to a year. The interest multiplier still uses the 2 month period bonus, so someone locking for say 6 months would still earn more than someone who locked for 2months and got the unintended extra interest.

I propose a hard fork to correct this problem - to simply say after block X, the additional interest is no longer recognized. Another alternative is to leave it as it is. It's not really a showstopper, but I think the intended behavior is superior so is worth the fork.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
Just start mining today, with 1 x i3 and 1 x i5, it is still worth to mining now?

If you don't mind getting paid out for blocks you mine 12 months from now.
Activity: 109
Merit: 11
Sure - mining is still worth every h/s you have.
You can look out for other CPU coins... you won't see a coin coming in mining them when I look at your setup (no offense!)
Activity: 251
Just start mining today, with 1 x i3 and 1 x i5, it is still worth to mining now?
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Whats going on over here Hodlers. Did we ever get the new miner integrated in the wallet. Whats next for us.  Fish

There has always been a miner inbuilt to the wallet. Though pool mining is best though. Here is where I mine http://hodl.optiminer.pl/
Everything you need to get goind is there and the mining is fair even on a slower older pc it is still worth mining.
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
Whats going on over here Hodlers. Did we ever get the new miner integrated in the wallet. Whats next for us.  Fish
Activity: 540
Merit: 265
I'am also in. My processor got red with mining hodl.optiminer. We will see. All investment in long term makes some coins extra. i like it.
Activity: 1162
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hold is still going strong and I am mining nicely over here. Hear that *hummmmm* that be my mining farm that there noise ^^
All together now *hummm* mine *hummm* ahh I love that sound of freshly mined Hodl in the morning. A great coin with great expectations. So let us see how it does shall we xP

Hahaha Daffadile  Shocked Are you on drugs? Hear that *hummmmm*?!
I can hear the coins clinking  Cool

It is indeed a great coin Smiley

For now we hear a *hummmm* in a years time we will hear ka-ching !! Cashout time !!
I really think it is a great invesment I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
We added your cryptocurrency.
With respect, the development team of Crypto-trade.
Crypto-Trade – Official Announcement https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crypto-trade-official-announcement-10-fiat-365-crypto-5300-pairs-1604225

be aware of the warning comment in his trust level ratings though, your coins might vanish quicker than you'd like

Yep, everyone should be very careful trading on the new exchange.
just try it with some small amount before do big tradings we can give them a chance but dont risk your coin.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
I can't get any connections, I have added all the nodes from the block explorer and let it run for hours but not a single connection???

Hmmmm, kinda like your coin Mojocoin. Haven't had a good connection to your coin in three weeks. Fix your own coin man before you come here and complain.

There are only a few people unable to connect, and so what if I have a coin, should I not be allowed to run other coins?
Activity: 393
Merit: 297
Crypto-Trade – Official Announcement https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crypto-trade-official-announcement-10-fiat-365-crypto-5300-pairs-1604225

be aware of the warning comment in his trust level ratings though, your coins might vanish quicker than you'd like

Yep, everyone should be very careful trading on the new exchange.
Activity: 245
Merit: 100
I can't get any connections, I have added all the nodes from the block explorer and let it run for hours but not a single connection???

Hmmmm, kinda like your coin Mojocoin. Haven't had a good connection to your coin in three weeks. Fix your own coin man before you come here and complain.
Activity: 700

Activity: 179
G'day!

Thank you! Good luck with the new exchange.
Activity: 182
Jump to: