Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [HONEY] Honey 2.0 - Featuring PoS 3.0 - Sweet! - page 36. (Read 98328 times)

Activity: 243
Merit: 100
Wow. I'm 50/50 on this coin.

Current research says to go in a bit and wait and see.

Very Good:
  • No Pre-mine.
  • No ICO.
  • Low rewards means it can build supply slowly.
  • A lot of hero/legendary members observed this coin with interest, this is great because we're talking about the usual whales and people with push/pull in the market that could put this coin into the forefront, on top of this some other devs are surely interesting in making this coin better (relationship with CryptoDatabase). With this in mind, we're definitely seeing a sleeper coin in action, it may take a while but I would imagine a high market cap in the far/near-far future.

Very Bad:
  • No actual addressing of the instamine. OCMiner (Suprnova) is a very respectable person, so when they questioned this I also questioned this. It seems this issue has been forgotten.
  • Lots of issues with the POS. The biggest issue I see at this point is the rich get richer and the poor will never get those POS blocks.
  • POW hash-rate seems to go up and down, almost in relationship to what is the expected POS rewards. This may change later when it becomes full POS, but there is no stable (growing) POW support right now.
  • Coinmarketcap.com lists less than 1/2 coin supply than block explorer does.

50/50 and Suggestions:
  • The dev is very active and has made fixes off-the-cuff, but that support has slowed down lately. That could very well mean the coin is still in the early development stages, so have patience. I highly suggest working with a team, get someone else to update the OP with the latest info, add master nodes to the configuration, seems strange there is none yet and considering I had to add them myself was an extra step I did not like. Also with a team you can figure out some real promotional outlets.
  • The dev's account shows interest in buying/selling and developing in other coins currently, not so bad, but please keep this coin informed with progress as well (e.g. "working on the newest version, %30 done, etc).
  • Currently under the radar, this is either the community views it as not that great or we're just in the very early stages.
  • No buy support and volume. However, this could reflect the bagholders wanting to stake. In addition to this, even the sell list is not that big, people are buying up and not selling, this implies people are in for the long-run.
  • Not that I don't care about bees, I do and fully understand the importance they play in our ecosystem. However, a cryptocurrency that focuses on supporting beekeepers is a very niche interest. For example, if the community instead focused on reducing pollution, that may be a farther indirect impact on the bee population than directly supporting beekeepers. A sudden change in direction towards something called the Valerien Universe is even more confusing. I absolutely believe crypto can be used for good things, as well as for trading, but pick one, many, or a single meaningful thing to support would be more tasteful.

Sorry for the long post, there was a lot to research here and I haven't been involved from the beginning.

Overall, there is really good reason to believe this alternate cryptocurrency is a sleeping giant.

Activity: 876
Merit: 500
AikaPool admin
Dev, where update?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
honey wallet on coinexchange.io seems back up.

with lack of any other information, i assume v1040 is still the version of choice.
looking forward to the update Smiley

Yes.. sorry.. I am so busy I forgot to update the thread. CoinExchange wallet is online and version 1.0.4.0 is still the one to use.
Can we start mining again with 1.0.4.0? If the pools come back up

I would rather the pools stay closed for now. I only asked CE to open the wallet so anyone can trade during the time it takes for me to push the update.

theres an estimate of when the pools are online again??
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
https://cryptodatabase.net
What about people staking the coin? is there a wallet update available for windows?
I am getting a lot of stakes that are mined, generated but not accepted.  Is this normal?
https://www.screencast.com/t/CeIkiC8Y7h7u

The unaccepted stakes are normal for PoS coins, it occurs when your coins are ready to stake but someone with more weight confirmed that block.

For instance, say I have 1000 Honey and you have 100 Honey, my coins would be more likely to confirm blocks over yours until my coins have less weight than yours do by staking or being sent.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10

with lack of any other information, i assume v1040 is still the version of choice.

Yes.. sorry.. I am so busy I forgot to update the thread. CoinExchange wallet is online and version 1.0.4.0 is still the one to use.

I would rather the pools stay closed for now. I only asked CE to open the wallet so anyone can trade during the time it takes for me to push the update.
What about people staking the coin? is there a wallet update available for windows?
I am getting a lot of stakes that are mined, generated but not accepted.  Is this normal?
https://www.screencast.com/t/CeIkiC8Y7h7u
Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Activity: 47

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

Activity: 1652
Merit: 382

UPDATE:

I HAD TO DEAL WITH SOME FAMILY ISSUES WITH MY SISTER. EVERYTHING IS FINE AND SHE NO LONGER REQUIRES MY ATTENTION. I HAD RELEASED SOURCES TO THE POOLS, BUT THERE IS AN ISSUE. I AM WORKING ON THE CODE TONIGHT AND WILL HAVE ANOTHER UPDATE SOON.

SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT, AND NO, I WILL NOT LET HONEY DIE.

Waiting for the update ! and continue to work  Cool

UPDATE:

I HAD TO DEAL WITH SOME FAMILY ISSUES WITH MY SISTER. EVERYTHING IS FINE AND SHE NO LONGER REQUIRES MY ATTENTION. I HAD RELEASED SOURCES TO THE POOLS, BUT THERE IS AN ISSUE. I AM WORKING ON THE CODE TONIGHT AND WILL HAVE ANOTHER UPDATE SOON.

Thanks for your reply. Smiley

UPDATE:

AikaPool admin
I have compile the new wallet and started sync from scratch but stopped on block 27.

Block explorer showing that mining with old wallet going on.

The developer mine coins in solo now, so far all pools are closed?

The exchanges are in maintenance mode?
AikaPool admin
I have compile the new wallet and started sync from scratch but stopped on block 27.

The developer mine coins in solo now, so far all pools are closed?
AikaPool admin
Coin is dead?
Activity: 448
Maiden already laid out normally compiled wallets for updates? Why should people torture?
Activity: 526
Merit: 502

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
as far as i can tell v110 is not working,
i compiled a daemon from the source and it is incompatible with the current chain,

my v104 daemon is happily running with 73 peers, none are v110

would be nice to hear from cryptostiltskin Smiley

Activity: 14
Anyone have a compiled Windows wallet for 1.1.0?
Pages:
Jump to: