Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast - page 17. (Read 542216 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
Stopped mining HVC b/c there is no way to contact zhpool. Nobody mines for free.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
If it was still being actively developed you wouldn't have to ask the devs for anything. The devs would be keeping you updated.
Hey man, I'm not sure what to tell you here. Let me make sure I'm not mis-representing myself - I'm not running Heavycoin so the devs don't report to me, Keccak and Nomisugi very much designed and develop HVC.

Keccak let's me know if there's anything big happening technically and will usually give me a heads up if there's a new version getting tested for release so I can share here.

I've shot a message to Keccak asking if there's any general info about next release etc I can share with you fine people, we'll see what comes back.

For your question about silence from the devs, for what ever it's worth, the last message I got from the devs was five days ago, the message was "How are you doing mate?" - we're very exciting people Tongue

And that is the second biggest problem with this coin behind silence from the dev(s).

I hope I'm right in saying that this is pointed toward the voting aspect of Heavycoin? If I'm correct I know you're not alone in thinking it's a poor idea and that's cool, I know other people feel the complete opposite.

From my own point of view, I bounce backwards and forwards about it - maybe it would have been safer to focus on the HVC algorithms and leave the voting aspect alone, maybe this is some crazy brilliant move - I have no idea, but I'm paying attention.

Here's what I don't get about this coin.  When I was buying at 300 Satoshi about 2 months ago I worked for weeks trying to find 170,000 coins.  There was simply no supply being sold on cryptsy.

Now, after being destroyed and below 30 Satoshi I see nearly daily huge dumps in excess of 50,000 coins per block.

So why weren't there any coins available to be bought at 300 and now at a mere 30 sats there are tons of coins to be bought?

Is this manipulation or has mining gotten easier so miners have a ton more heavy to dump.  

What a bad time to not have any Bitcons.  

Hey man!

Great questions - I'm of course biased so any suggestion from me that it's not manipulation is not worth a lot.

Maybe we've lost mining power so the hash is easier? It seems like even if mining a coin can make even a small profit there are miners willing to fill the void - I'm thoroughly un-educated in this area though, so any of this is just wild speculation.

Any miners who would like to share their insight?

Cheers,
M
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net

Here's what I don't get about this coin.  When I was buying at 300 Satoshi about 2 months ago I worked for weeks trying to find 170,000 coins.  There was simply no supply being sold on cryptsy.

Now, after being destroyed and below 30 Satoshi I see nearly daily huge dumps in excess of 50,000 coins per block.

So why weren't there any coins available to be bought at 300 and now at a mere 30 sats there are tons of coins to be bought?

Is this manipulation or has mining gotten easier so miners have a ton more heavy to dump. 

What a bad time to not have any Bitcons. 
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Traveling in subspace
It is still being actively developed, I'll ask the devs to let us know how we're looking for the next release.
If it was still being actively developed you wouldn't have to ask the devs for anything. The devs would be keeping you updated.

max coin supply is still being decided by votes.

Cheers,
M
And that is the second biggest problem with this coin behind silence from the dev(s).

Is Heavy still being actively developed?  Why has the price collapsed?

Is PoW over?  If so what was the finally max coin supply?

Thanks!

Hey Vlad2Vlad,

It is still being actively developed, I'll ask the devs to let us know how we're looking for the next release.

We're still in limit phase, so max coin supply is still being decided by votes.

Cheers,
M
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Delisted from Mintpal pretty much sums it up.

And I bet the devs paid a hefty sum, around 15 BTC to get listed in mintpal.  That was the going rate for any coin.  Now heavy's total market cap is less than 15 BTC.  Lol.

I bought at 300 so I'm down 90% but those who bought the IPO at around 3,000 (I think) are down 99%.

Tragic!
legendary
Activity: 980
Traveling in subspace
Delisted from Mintpal pretty much sums it up.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Is Heavy still being actively developed?  Why has the price collapsed?

Is PoW over?  If so what was the finally max coin supply?

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
anyone know how to contact heavycoin.zhpool.com?
I have submitted a request on their website
heavycoin.zhpool.com/index.php?page=contactform&action=

But, no response yet. It's been days.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Just another shitcoin that has gone to shit. Imagine that!

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin

Like I care. Enjoy hiding from reality.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Just another shitcoin that has gone to shit. Imagine that!
Mintpal :We're removing the HVC, SPA, ZEIT and ZS markets on Sunday 10th August. [1/2]

bought some cheap coins, and open an account at cryptsy  Cool

dev could post something like future development plans or wallet bug fixes I mentioned before it would boost price and mining hashrate, it will be good in sustain phase to maintain network security.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
They could have at least waited until Sustain phase.
This comes unexpeted for me because while HVC certainly wasn't the most traded coin there there were a lot of coins with lower volumes.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
HVY is also far from the bottom of the pile.  All those coins have potential LONG revenues by filling various market niches.  

The methods of calculation are questionable.

The moo-lah SYStem ... delete the upper low-end market coins but still have decent trade numbers for that range and have active communities and working network plus innovative algos.

(probably just inept new owners just cluelessly barking 'delete it cuz I said delete it')

OlympicCoin, Isiscoin, Innovationcoin, MyCoin, pnd/btc

that's your deadwood Mintpal.

Hey guys,

I'm as annoyed about this as I'm sure most of you guys are.

They've been dropping a lot of coins recently, most likely this is tied to their acquisition by moolah.io.

Moolah are making a play for institutional investors so I'm sure this is mintpal clearing out all of the smaller coins that don't have a world of hype around them (*cough* doge *cough*).

It sucks because I've been pointing anyone who is interested in Heavycoin to Mintpal - great interface, great reputation, I can only say they have been a really great exchange, and that is most likely why they were bought out.

Trying to find a positive, this does leave space open for the next private professional exchange to enter the space Mintpal is exiting, if that happens we'll be all over them to let HVC in.

Let me know any exchanges you guys think we should be targeting and let's try to turn this in to motivation for larger exchange acceptance.

So far BTer is on the list - any others, shout out, maybe it's time that we try to organise and push for more exchanges.

Cheers,
M
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
Mintpal :We're removing the HVC, SPA, ZEIT and ZS markets on Sunday 10th August. [1/2]

Did not expect this of Heavycoin... Why do you think it went down so much?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Nice to see this coin still going.  Have we got any cool voting results yet?

Well, max coin down from 128m to 114m now, expect to be under 100mil.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Nice to see this coin still going.  Have we got any cool voting results yet?
Main site http://heavyco.in/ is stuck at block 105111 causing supply and max supply to be incorect link: http://heavycoin.github.io/voting-graph.html
Pages:
Jump to: