Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [HVC] Heavycoin - Ultra-secure, Decentralized Block Reward Voting, Fast - page 22. (Read 542216 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

The CEO of Gridseed announced today in his Weibo account that Gridseed launched a new project that they are researching a multiple mining 16nm assic which can mine sha256,sha3,scrypt,scrypt-n and x11 coins simultaneously.

Got a link to that announcement?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
The CEO of Gridseed announced today in his Weibo account that Gridseed launched a new project that they are researching a multiple mining 16nm assic which can mine sha256,sha3,scrypt,scrypt-n and x11 coins simultaneously.

I guess it maybe a good news for HVC.

Whoa - that's huge.

16nm - I thought that the current best ones were in the mid 20's - if someone can educate me, please let me know.

fengkaitj - thanks so much for sharing this news and translating for us - very much appreciated.

Cheers,
M
Activity: 18

I guess it maybe a good news for HVC.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
is there anyone who can port the mjollnircoin miner (70% more hashrate on my miners from 50 to 84Mh/s) to the heavycoin miner?
user chango created it, but no longer busy with hefty
reorder is very busy IRL and has no time... but he has a better solution in pipeline.

anyone?
Activity: 210
I love how cool my miner is running

What next phase?

The next phase is the "Limit phase".  In the limit phase voting for a lower block reward has the effect reducing the max money supply from 128M to something smaller.

The max vote is still 1024. The duration of the limit phase is in the number of blocks.

So if the voted block reward is 512, then for each block mined 512 coins are effectively lost from the network forever and the total money supply decreases.  (The coins that are "lost" are the 512 that could have been mined if the block reward was the maximum 1024.)

What next phase?
http://heavycoin.github.io/about.html#decentralised-voting
scroll down to the table

all the explanation is there...
Activity: 511
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

What next phase?
~12hr before next phase

LIMIT

start voting low!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 33
Shocked So.. from you message, it seems to be a really dead coin. No positive actions at all!

and you seem to be a troll, the mechanics of the coin and why the price is currently low were explained numerous times on the previous pages.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
this coin is death???

nope, you are dead - brain-dead, if not investing in it  Grin

How can you know that?

wtf you do here, go invest in doge, drk, max etc... shissss Smiley

Shocked So.. from you message, it seems to be a really dead coin. No positive actions at all!
Activity: 126
As you know , my English is poor ,but I think 海汇币 is a good name, too. 沉重币/重币 in Chinese make me feel terrible,and 海  and 汇 both have good mean in Chinese,so I think 海汇币 is better than沉重币/重币. Change it may be a good idea.

Hi atlantis,

Thanks for your message - it's good to have more people confirm that the translation 51_BTC suggests is a good name.

I have also asked a friend to give me their thoughts on the translation and they also agree it is a good name so we will be using it.

For anyone curious, here is some information my friend sent:

The literal translation for 海汇币:

海means sea
汇means flow together, it is also the first character for HSBC's Chinese name.   
币means currency

海汇 can mean many or plenty of flowing money because we use sea as an adjective.

Altogether a good name and similar in sound to heavy. Phonetically,  it is pronounced as Hai Hui Bi.

沉重币 is definitely not nice sounding and 通汇 is better but 海汇币 is my pick.

Cheers,
M
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
this coin is death???

How can you know that?

wtf you do here, go invest in doge, drk, max etc... shissss Smiley
Activity: 106
this coin is death???

How can you know that?
Activity: 140

OK PPL ITS TIME!
Mint phase voting is OVER who got cheap coin mining now it time to lower vote to 1 !!!!!!!!

Pick me pick me. Smiley Not as big a bag holder as gpools is but i'm certainly holding my HEAVY bag tight. Im partial to voting 0 as i have for a month now. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
why would i vote anything for a completely dead coin? 0.1 BTC volume? LOL

Then if coin is dead, how did you find this topic, or learn about HVC... :d

OK PPL ITS TIME!
Mint phase voting is OVER who got cheap coin mining now it time to lower vote to 1 !!!!!!!!!

Agree with that.
The current block reward vote already determines the first block reward in LIMIT PHASE, so everyone VOTE 1 to get the max supply as low as possible!
this coin is death???

Activity: 59
Hey guys,

Ok, three topics for you tonight:

1) Wallet passphrase
I think we gave a fair chance for runners up, so here's the correct answer for the wallet I posted a few days ago:

The passphrase was: sesquipedalian

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sesquipedalian

2) As fengkaitj pointed out, HVC is now accepted on https://www.51btc.com/ - this is great news.

It turns out that Keccak has been speaking with the guys @ 51btc and they could use our help.

From 51btc:
"Usually, HVC is translated into “沉重币” in Chinese forum and website, which is based on the meaning of heavy in China. But “沉重”(heavy) means low and gloomy, which make people feel very terrible. So we name it as “海汇币”according to the pronunciation of heavy. 海汇means that it can tolerant all the things, and means it comes from a remote place.通汇 means that you can complete the remittance through the net from different place rapidly and correctly. All of these show the good quality of HVC.

We think maybe you could change the HVC's official Chinese name into “海汇币”"

I'm going to speak to some friends tomorrow to ask about this translation and make sure it is as accurate as we can be about the meaning of "Heavy" in the context that we use it.

If any members of the board speak Han and could help us make sure we are giving 51btc the best information possible, it would be much appreciated.

The fact that we have a Chinese exchange interested in us is huge news - any insight a member could add to help us clarify the finer message of Heavycoin is a big help.

3) Logo competition
Please take a moment and look at CoinExchange's latest submission on the logo thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7201237

I think it's great, so I could use some feed back from everyone about whether they like/dislike it.

Cheers guys,
M

As you know , my English is poor ,but I think 海汇币 is a good name, too. 沉重币/重币 in Chinese make me feel terrible,and 海  and 汇 both have good mean in Chinese,so I think 海汇币 is better than沉重币/重币. Change it may be a good idea.
Pages:
Jump to: