Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 💦💦 HYDRO 💦💦 Security & Identity on the Blockchain - page 57. (Read 39271 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 2
The pitch seems similar to other finance-focused projects like ripple/stellar. What's going to separate it from those

I think the biggest difference is that xrp/xlm are more focused towards payment systems. Hydro seems to be more focused on finance as a whole.
XRP and XLM are definitely geared toward payments solutions, but XLM also seems to be building more of a platform (with tokens being launched and FairX exchange, etc). At the end of the day, they are both protocols designed for large-scale payment processing and they offer tangible benefits for financial companies in terms of operational efficiency and speed.

It does seem like they might be targeting the same kinds of companies as Hydro though
The functionality of Hydro is very different from Ripple and Stellar. We are building a more diverse set of products rather than building our own protocol or focusing on the actual mechanisms of token transfer.

In terms of general design, the main differentiator is the hybrid private-public model Hydro promotes. It adds blockchain as a separate layer to off-chain systems and integrates the two, so companies don't need to rebuild their systems from the ground up with blockchain (and waste tons of money and time). This is how we think blockchain will get adopted in the real world more readily.

So it seems like then hydro might be targeting a different demographic than the other two since they require more of a completely restructuring of any application currently used right? Are there any other tokens focused more in this area like hydro is?
Now that I think about it, Hyperledger is probably the most direct competitor. If I was a big business I'd probably be looking at Hyperledger because they offer more custom solutions to integrate blockchain for w/e I need and they'll work with my current infrastructure. So it's along the same lines as Hydro

Brings up an interesting thought about IBM - they are building apps with Stellar but also one of the main funders of Hyperledger
Most of the implementation that Hyperledger/IBM do will be private blockchains (i.e. chains in which ownership of nodes is centralized). This was a key point of consideration for us when building Hydro - we firmly believe that the concept of a "private blockchain" is self-defeating in many ways, and offers little benefit beyond traditional databases and other off-chain protocols. The hybrid private-public paradigm we are putting forth attempts to create a win-win, where enterprises maintain control over their private systems while being able to access the key benefits offered by a public ledger (such as transparency, security, and decentralization).
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
The pitch seems similar to other finance-focused projects like ripple/stellar. What's going to separate it from those

I think the biggest difference is that xrp/xlm are more focused towards payment systems. Hydro seems to be more focused on finance as a whole.
XRP and XLM are definitely geared toward payments solutions, but XLM also seems to be building more of a platform (with tokens being launched and FairX exchange, etc). At the end of the day, they are both protocols designed for large-scale payment processing and they offer tangible benefits for financial companies in terms of operational efficiency and speed.

It does seem like they might be targeting the same kinds of companies as Hydro though
The functionality of Hydro is very different from Ripple and Stellar. We are building a more diverse set of products rather than building our own protocol or focusing on the actual mechanisms of token transfer.

In terms of general design, the main differentiator is the hybrid private-public model Hydro promotes. It adds blockchain as a separate layer to off-chain systems and integrates the two, so companies don't need to rebuild their systems from the ground up with blockchain (and waste tons of money and time). This is how we think blockchain will get adopted in the real world more readily.

So it seems like then hydro might be targeting a different demographic than the other two since they require more of a completely restructuring of any application currently used right? Are there any other tokens focused more in this area like hydro is?
Now that I think about it, Hyperledger is probably the most direct competitor. If I was a big business I'd probably be looking at Hyperledger because they offer more custom solutions to integrate blockchain for w/e I need and they'll work with my current infrastructure. So it's along the same lines as Hydro

Brings up an interesting thought about IBM - they are building apps with Stellar but also one of the main funders of Hyperledger
Activity: 4

Activity: 4

Check out our video on the Hydro Raindrop here!
We have launched a referral program for airdrop participants. To all those who have successfully signed up - check your email for details on the referral bonuses!
Activity: 717
Merit: 250
I support this projetc, hope this project will be successful and I have filled form airdrop to registration and status still "pending review"
how long untill status accepted ?

Great to hear that you signed up! All of the reviews will be complete by February 16th, 2018 and tokens will be airdropped.
that sounds good, airdrop participants will see and wait until reviews will be complete
I see this project very promising, i will try to participate in the airdrop of this project.Hopefully this project goes smoothly and good luck for HYDRO. Invite 25K developer to join is pretty great strategy to build strong community.
Thanks for the kind words! Please let us know if you have any questions during the signup process
I support this projetc, hope this project will be successful and I have filled form airdrop to registration and status still "pending review"

Great to hear that you signed up! All of the reviews will be complete by February 16th, 2018 and tokens will be airdropped.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
I see this project very promising, i will try to participate in the airdrop of this project.Hopefully this project goes smoothly and good luck for HYDRO. Invite 25K developer to join is pretty great strategy to build strong community.
Activity: 717
Merit: 250
Activity: 33
How would you know if the person who signed up is a developer or not? I hope you will have an Airdrop for non devs
They can check person's GitHub repositories.

That is our plan. It isn't a perfect system and we aren't going to enforce that every repo is filled with projects, but it is the best way we could think of.
Activity: 707
Merit: 501
How would you know if the person who signed up is a developer or not? I hope you will have an Airdrop for non devs
They can check person's GitHub repositories.
salut from paris! Met mr. kane at Paris FinTech Forum. Great project, enjoyed his panel and pitch. Will you have whitepapers in Francais (German)?  Tongue
We appreciate your support all the way from Paris!

There will hopefully be many translations of the white paper in the near future. There is an open bounty if you'd like to participate Smiley
Activity: 55
Activity: 14
a very interesting project, but it seems it only attracts devs, am i right, please enlighten us more
I read in the first post that it is related to artificial intelligence. Moreover, there are many areas, i think it will not be easy. Hope to see good project.
AI is definitely a use case for Hydro where we believe a public ledger layer can add value. We appreciate your kind words and feedback!
Pages:
Jump to: