Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ICO] BelugaPay - Live VISA & Mastercard processing certification - page 37. (Read 33419 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 113
Which are the numbers of usability spiral in Mexico? How many people do you reach ?, and what are the amounts traded ?, Is there a graph of evolution over the years?

Regarding the implementation of beluga, will you use the addin to read cards ?, or will you use only the mobile implementation or some other device for making payments?

Amazing project, very good luck, without doubts will be a top one project!

We are used by around 300 merchants currently and are expecting $4M average processing rate by the end of this year, $50M by 2018 and $400m by 2019.

As our product is in alpha we do not have a graph to show user adoption currently, as we continually agree new partnerships with merchants we expect to release data like this to our community.

Our mPOS system does have a card reader built in and works with your smartphone (like the frontpage of our website https://www.belugapay.com) and our merchants are using it currently to receive VISA and Mastercard payments. Beluga will also allow P2P settlements with our mobile app.

Could you make a video of how one of your merchants are using your mPOS?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Good day,

Sounds like very promising project. Especially if you get certification from Visa and MasterCard. Do you got English certification as well?
Will you as well provide bounty campaign?

I like it, nice project with the best idea

Joined airdrop and invert success!

Thanks Dev!
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
Which are the numbers of usability spiral in Mexico? How many people do you reach ?, and what are the amounts traded ?, Is there a graph of evolution over the years?

Regarding the implementation of beluga, will you use the addin to read cards ?, or will you use only the mobile implementation or some other device for making payments?

We are used by around 300 merchants currently and are expecting $4M average processing rate by the end of this year, $50M by 2018 and $400m by 2019.

As our product is in alpha we do not have a graph to show user adoption currently, as we continually agree new partnerships with merchants we expect to release data like this to our community.

Our mPOS system does have a card reader built in and works with your smartphone (like the frontpage of our website https://www.belugapay.com) and our merchants are using it currently to receive VISA and Mastercard payments. Beluga will also allow P2P settlements with our mobile app.

Amazing!

Thanks for the reply

I would like to see in the future a mPOS web emulator for knowing the features

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Activity: 294
Merit: 113
Is there a screenshot of the mobile POS? It would be nice to see the layout of the POS.
Activity: 532

Greetings to our German community members, kindly view our ANN thread in German!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2348899.new#new
Activity: 420
Merit: 104
Bounty manager - https://t.me/noozzle_live
In which currency you will pay 0.5% fees to tokenholders?

Hello,

It will be paid in BBI tokens.
so how you want to compete with TenX(working product) and Monaco card(VISA program manager)? What are the fees and limits?

Beluga will work with a card provider to offer Beluga branded cards by the end of 2018.

Our main  product is our mobile point of sale system that will accept crypto, credit and debit.

Transaction fees will be:

On crypto we will charge 1%
Cards will be around 2.5%

BBI tokenholders receive .5% of all transaction fees.
Activity: 97
Merit: 11
In which currency you will pay 0.5% fees to tokenholders?
Activity: 270
Merit: 101
so how you want to compete with TenX(working product) and Monaco card(VISA program manager)? What are the fees and limits?
Nice project:) How much have you collected in private sell?

Thank you for the feedback! Funds collected will be announced at the start of the ICO.
Activity: 97
Merit: 11
Nice project:) How much have you collected in private sell?
Original post: https://medium.com/@BelugaPay/the-evolving-crypto-payments-space-a7a80a878608

The Evolving Crypto Payments Space

Competition within cryptocurrency is good, it spurs innovation and makes the financial space more inclusive for everyone.

Over the last few years there have been numerous companies creating financial technology companies with a focus on cryptocurrency.

It is important to distinguish between two major categories of the fintech space when looking at Beluga Pay:

1. Card issuers/Wallets
2. Mobile point of sales systems

Although both categories provide an ease of cryptocurrency spending the mechanics and use cases are quite different.

* Currently live as Espiral (espiralapp.com) or visit Espiral on Facebook or read about Espiral in Washington Post
* We are planning to release a cryptocurrency card with a card issuing partner in 2018. We intend to first launch our crypto cards with merchants and then consumers.

Crypto Card Issuers

There is a lot of hype around having a cryptocurrency card that has the VISA or Mastercard logo on it and rightfully so. People want to spend their crypto as easily as they do cash.

Technically, the companies generally work with a card issuing company such as WaveCrest that issues prepaid debit card and the company (such as TenX) is responsible to ensure the transfers between crypto to cash deposits on the card.

The rumors are that the credit card brands are limiting some of the prepaid cryptocurrency debit cards to Europe and Japan (via SBI Holdings). If you know of any other crypto credit cards please comment below.

The companies providing these prepaid bitcoin debit cards, generally, offer a companion app to view a digital wallet or swap currency.

Mobile Point of Sale Systems (mPOS)

mPOS have a different purpose than prepaid debit cards but with the same goal (to make cryptocurrency more spendable).

mPOS systems generally try to:

- Help businesses manage their sales
- Provide business analytics
- Manage product inventory
- Improve Customer Relationship Management

Beluga Pay’s mPOS gives merchants the ability to charge in VISA, Mastercard, cash and crypto-currency. We believe merchants still want to accept VISA, Mastercard and now they can plus cryptocurrency all-in-one system.

Living in the developed world, one gets used to filing taxes online, having mailchimp, retargeting users with pixels. But the reality is, over 2B people remain unbanked and many of the world’s business owners do not know what a spreadsheet is or who their top customer is.

We build our products at Beluga Pay and serve over 300 merchants today with the sole purpose of making easy-to-use products to help merchants grow their business. The focus is on building a platform for merchants not on white-labeling a prepaid debit card. Don’t get us wrong, we like the prepaid crypto debit card, however, that is not our core business.

Banking in the Developing World: Part 1

When we started Beluga Pay in 2014 (as Espiral in Mexico) we did so out of sheer necessity. There were no ATMs for 15 kilometer radius, 7 out of 10 businesses did not accept debit or credit cards, although the statistics suggested that every person in Mexico on average had 1.3 credit or debit cards. When you did find an ATM, a Cashola machine, it has a $10 USD fee plus a 10%+ commission, these prices were unfair and unfathomable.

We did what any sane person would do, go to the bank and try to get a mobile point of sales system.

When we tried “leasing” a terminal to accept credit and debit cards in Mexico we were given a stack of 90 pages, told we would have to wait 3 months for a review and also have an absurdly high minimum otherwise we would have to pay $200+ dollars in penalties per month.

Want a bank terminal in the developing world? Fill out this paperwork and wait 90 days
Stay Tuned to Part 2

I would invest, but i think (correct me if im wrong) it is pretty unserious when the team members pockets 4/10 dollars invested in the company. I mean thats seems afull high for a company at this stage. Specially when you   value the bbi around a dollar. In my opinion, at this stage the bbi is priced way to high. There is a little to no proof that business would want to convert to your product. This kind of payment is already in full progress in many parts of the world. Indeed you would be a frontier with the cryptocurrency option. But at this stage that option is not worth the kind of money that the bbi is sold for. Only a very very few % of the population uses cryptocurrency for payment. So making it an option has little to no value. Especially when 4/10 dollar go missing for future operations.  Just my 2 cents. what do you guys think?

Hello,

Thank you for your questions. Firstly we would like to differentiate between the allocation of BBI tokens to the Beluga team against the use of funds raised for the Beluga Pay ICO.

We anticipate funds raised for the ICO to be distributed in the following manner.

• 55% Research & Development
  • 20% Operations
  • 15%Legal
  • 10%Marketing

of the 40M BBI allocated to the team pool this will be distributed to Beluga team members, advisors, remote staff and for marketing use.

In Mexico, Beluga is called Espiral. We have been in business for over 4 years, have 300+ live merchants currently using our platform and a partnership with Mexico's largest domestic bank, Banorte.

A study commissioned by VISA has found that micro and small businesses (eg. food vendors, gasoline stands, mobile phone kiosks) transact over $6.5 trillion USD annually, yet only 10% of these merchants accept digital payments. Concurrently, TRI (Techno Economy Research Institute) figures show that businesses grow by 30% when they are able to accept cards.

Beluga has existing VISA and Mastercard processing certification and will acquire a new banking partner in every continent by the end of 2018.

If you have any further questions please reach out to the team!
Hello, any updates on the results for the initial whitelisted stage of the ICO that is concluding today?

Hello,

We will publish our results when the ICO will begin! Stay tuned for new great announcements!
Check out our new Youtube Video: What is Beluga Pay and Why is BBI Token Useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlbPK6Q_FX8
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I would invest, but i think (correct me if im wrong) it is pretty unserious when the team members pockets 4/10 dollars invested in the company. I mean thats seems afull high for a company at this stage. Specially when you   value the bbi around a dollar. In my opinion, at this stage the bbi is priced way to high. There is a little to no proof that business would want to convert to your product. This kind of payment is already in full progress in many parts of the world. Indeed you would be a frontier with the cryptocurrency option. But at this stage that option is not worth the kind of money that the bbi is sold for. Only a very very few % of the population uses cryptocurrency for payment. So making it an option has little to no value. Especially when 4/10 dollar go missing for future operations.  Just my 2 cents. what do you guys think?
Activity: 177
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
Hello, any updates on the results for the initial whitelisted stage of the ICO that is concluding today?
visa and master card are officially participating? do you some agreements?

Beluga has VISA and Mastercard processing certification. Espiral's acquiring bank, Banorte, is Mexico's largest domestically-owned bank with over $70B USD in assets.

Pages:
Jump to: