Author

Topic: [ANN] ICO Hamster Marketplace - Decentralized marketplace for electronics - page 112. (Read 14954 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Hi everybody. I really like the project, there’s a lot of positive points. I think it will have a knock-on effect on the development of companies that will be able to become corporations in the future. I just wasn’t pleased with the fact that the vendors won’t be supported by administration. If I were the head of Hamster team, I would have helped young companies in the development of their business for the first time, it would be great.

Hello. And what do you mean when saying that the administration won’t support the vendors?
I’m talking about at least the fact that each manufacturer will have to send the goods to customers on their own. But how will he do it if he isn’t experienced in this? As for me, I would at least suggest something to the manufacturer in this situation, for example, tell him how to do it better, to deliver as quickly and economically as possible, etc.
If you’re talking specifically about the delivery of goods to customers, then, in fact, Hamster offers vendors two options: they can send them on their own or via the company’s partner postal service. As you can see, young businessmen won’t remain without support in this case.
Hm, it’s strange that I missed this point. Well, if it’s really so, that’s nice. Tell me please, does a list of postal partner services already exist? I’d like to know about the tariffs on their services.

As far as I know, there is still no such information at the moment. Most likely, the founders of the company are only negotiating with potential partners on the delivery of parcels now. I think we should expect appearance of a list of partners closer to launch of the platform or even after that.
All in all, the delivery topic is very interesting. I'm also interested, will there be any geographical restrictions in Hamster? I mean, will there be any countries whose citizens can’t order goods from the marketplace?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi everybody. I really like the project, there’s a lot of positive points. I think it will have a knock-on effect on the development of companies that will be able to become corporations in the future. I just wasn’t pleased with the fact that the vendors won’t be supported by administration. If I were the head of Hamster team, I would have helped young companies in the development of their business for the first time, it would be great.

Hello. And what do you mean when saying that the administration won’t support the vendors?
I’m talking about at least the fact that each manufacturer will have to send the goods to customers on their own. But how will he do it if he isn’t experienced in this? As for me, I would at least suggest something to the manufacturer in this situation, for example, tell him how to do it better, to deliver as quickly and economically as possible, etc.
If you’re talking specifically about the delivery of goods to customers, then, in fact, Hamster offers vendors two options: they can send them on their own or via the company’s partner postal service. As you can see, young businessmen won’t remain without support in this case.
Hm, it’s strange that I missed this point. Well, if it’s really so, that’s nice. Tell me please, does a list of postal partner services already exist? I’d like to know about the tariffs on their services.

As far as I know, there is still no such information at the moment. Most likely, the founders of the company are only negotiating with potential partners on the delivery of parcels now. I think we should expect appearance of a list of partners closer to launch of the platform or even after that.
Activity: 196
What manufacturers are you working with?
Activity: 406

Activity: 280

Activity: 280

Activity: 350
Hello everybody. In my opinion, the company will charge too big commissions from vendors. If in a few years the first producers in Hamster reach millionths of a month's turnover, Hamster's profit will be simply huge and dishonest in relation to vendors.
And why do you think that the commission is big? 20% from each purchase is a relatively normal one. At least, sellers have to give even bigger percentage of their income to the platform in modern marketplaces.
Well, that’s not quite right. For example, AliExpress takers only 8% commission from sellers. eBay commission is up to 20%, but it rarely reaches this level, most often it’s 10-12%. In my opinion, if Hamster is focused on young producers, it could introduce a smaller commission.
Hello. I agree with you on the fact that 20% commission isn’t that small. But there is one advantage: the fact is that when the any vendor’s sales volume becomes really large, he will be able to switch to an annual subscription fee that is $25,000. Then his commission will be 0%. There’s nothing similar in other marketplaces. And by the way, vendors won’t pay either a commission or an annual subscription fee after the end of the final part of the project's development.

Won’t they pay any commission at all??  It’s something interesting. Why? And what is the final stage of the development of the service? Tell me, please)))
The final development stage is planned for 2020, when Hamster developers will sell their project to the vendors, so that they will become complete independent. After that, there will be no commissions and subscription fees.

Will vendors redeem the project themselves? And at what price will the company's founders sell their project?
As far as I know, is no fixed price at the moment there. It’ll be determined in 2020 at the moment of sale. Each vendor will have to pay $ 50,000 to the founders of Hamster. The price will be equal to the number of vendors that will agree to pay such a sum.
The idea of selling the marketplace to vendors is very interesting, they will get full freedom of action. But what will happen to the tokens remaining in circulation? In fact, there won’t be any certain company anymore, to whom will they belong?
Activity: 392
Hello everybody. In my opinion, the company will charge too big commissions from vendors. If in a few years the first producers in Hamster reach millionths of a month's turnover, Hamster's profit will be simply huge and dishonest in relation to vendors.
And why do you think that the commission is big? 20% from each purchase is a relatively normal one. At least, sellers have to give even bigger percentage of their income to the platform in modern marketplaces.
Well, that’s not quite right. For example, AliExpress takers only 8% commission from sellers. eBay commission is up to 20%, but it rarely reaches this level, most often it’s 10-12%. In my opinion, if Hamster is focused on young producers, it could introduce a smaller commission.
Hello. I agree with you on the fact that 20% commission isn’t that small. But there is one advantage: the fact is that when the any vendor’s sales volume becomes really large, he will be able to switch to an annual subscription fee that is $25,000. Then his commission will be 0%. There’s nothing similar in other marketplaces. And by the way, vendors won’t pay either a commission or an annual subscription fee after the end of the final part of the project's development.

Won’t they pay any commission at all??  It’s something interesting. Why? And what is the final stage of the development of the service? Tell me, please)))
The final development stage is planned for 2020, when Hamster developers will sell their project to the vendors, so that they will become complete independent. After that, there will be no commissions and subscription fees.

Will vendors redeem the project themselves? And at what price will the company's founders sell their project?
As far as I know, is no fixed price at the moment there. It’ll be determined in 2020 at the moment of sale. Each vendor will have to pay $ 50,000 to the founders of Hamster. The price will be equal to the number of vendors that will agree to pay such a sum.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101

Oh, well, that's so cool. If you attract any people, not all of them will understand the meaning of such a project and won’t buy anything. And there’s a separate category of buyers that want to buy something unknown and useful. So to say, to discover new technologies before they become mainstream)))
Well, yes, something like this. Therefore, the buyers will be happy, and young producers will find their target audience faster than they would have carry it out on any large site like Amazon.
Someone tell me please, what categories of products will be available in Hamster after launch?
Activity: 238
Oh, well, that's so cool. If you attract any people, not all of them will understand the meaning of such a project and won’t buy anything. And there’s a separate category of buyers that want to buy something unknown and useful. So to say, to discover new technologies before they become mainstream)))
Well, yes, something like this. Therefore, the buyers will be happy, and young producers will find their target audience faster than they would have carry it out on any large site like Amazon.
Well, the developers have set ambitious goals. Not everyone would dare compete with digital trading giants like Amazon and eBay. Well, I think if they will act according to their plan, they’ll be able to achieve something and chop off a part of the market for themselves.

Wait, but why Amazon and eBay and others? Hamster isn’t going to compete with them because it’ll work in another direction.
Really? Wait, but what is their direction? I read that this is a marketplace for manufacturers of gadgets and other electronics that will be able to get a separate trading platform for selling their goods.

Yes, that's right, but Hamster won’t work with all the producers. They plan to cooperate only with small companies which just commence operation. Then a supply of unique products which are not available on Amazon and eBay will be formed.

Well now it becomes clearer. Does it mean that developers do not plan to conclude partnership with the major manufacturers such as Apple or Samsung?

Yes, that's right, despite the fact that they also offer unique gadgets with innovative technologies.
Well, of course, it is difficult for young producers to compete with large companies for large marketplaces, but here anyone can compete for the best ratings. But I’m just wondering, what the buyers of the project
It’s good question), marketers plan to attract to the platform people that are interested in unique gadgets, innovative technologies, etc rather than those ones who is interested in universal goods, instead of attracting any buyers to the marketplace.

Jump to: