Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ICO] [WGR] | Wagerr | The Betting Blockchain | Bounties - page 80. (Read 237339 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 14
@WAGERR TEAM, what kind of HARDWARE will we be required to run the MN on? will an i7 laptop and static IP address be enough? 1000Mb/s internet speed also.

The Director of Operations had this to say about it a few hours ago -  "We won’t know 100% for sure until we test the network. But, a good rule of thumb is to have at the very least the minimum DASH Masternode requirements. A VPS with 2Ghz CPU, 2GB RAM, 40 GB HDD, 1TB bandwidth per month." 
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
@WAGERR TEAM, what kind of HARDWARE will we be required to run the MN on? will an i7 laptop and static IP address be enough? 1000Mb/s internet speed also.

I imagine running it on a cloud server would be the more reliable option...
Activity: 81
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
spattered throughout the golden ethers
Finally this one takes off.. holders gonna hold and win.
Thanks for the replies, its absolutely fine that you have not taken on the responsibility of some key decisions and letting users vote.
I have now figured out how to get results off webpages without VPS+API. I am doing this, because it really doesn't seem economical to pay for API+VPS during the early stages of Wagerr development. If the profitability gets to a reasonably high level and my way is not as reliable, then I will happily shift over to the recommended options. The reason is also the advantage of an alternative source. I think that a very obvious thing that may happen is that people will run for the cheapest APIs and cause a low variation of sources.

Its not the "reputation within a certain community" that I had in mind, sorry for confusing you. I meant exactly the reputation from previously submitting accurate results on time, etc.

Now, I still have some questions:

1) What exactly does the 25000WGR collateral mean? Is there a way of losing it or do you just HODL it for the 30 days each time and return it afterwards?
2) Are we only interested in scores and winners? I.e. no pass accuracy, fouls, etc. Or is this up for discussion?
3) Do you know if the MN will only be operable from Linux?
4) Is there a chance that the voting system will cause some form of "forking" in Wagerr?

I am sure many of these things will shake into place during testnet. I am just hoping to get stuff ready early so that I would only need to make minor tweaks in the end.

Thanks!

1)  I don't think there is any way of losing it, since I'm fairly sure that holders still retain possession of the tokens - they would essentially be just pointing their MN to a wallet that they own with exactly 25k wgr...similar to Dash.  I could be wrong on some of these details though, or things could always get adjusted between now and then.  I made a note of it though, and will post further info on it in this thread as soon as I can.

2)  We may need those extra stats eventually, especially once there is a reasonable amount of demand for prop bets and such.  If/when we do, we'll try to make sure there is some time for people to prepare.  There will be quite a bit of time between network release and the release of h2h betting, and then further time before expanding to other types of betting which should give us all some much-needed time to get familiar with everything.  Instead of rushing to release a little bit of everything at once, the team have it broken down into logical sections so hopefully it will be a bit easier to understand and stay on the same page as a group.

3)  Yes, at first linux I'm fairly sure anyway.  But you know how these decentralized projects can be, anyone can contribute a solution to an issue affecting some/all of the community.  So I wouldn't be surprised to see future solutions that gradually make it easier and easier to run a MN, until it becomes a matter of a few simple clicks eventually.

4)  The fork thing has been joked about plenty in Discord, and back in the old Slack days.  I think we're still far too small for a fork to get any serious traction though.  Also David and the rest of the team have been good about listening to the community, for the serious stuff anyway.  I think they'll get things done right the first time and we won't have to worry about it.  All of the planning that has went into this has been done in a very forward-thinking manner and incentives have been provisioned for all of the important aspects of the project...everything from masternodes/staking/security, to affiliates/loyalty, to future development/scaling and expansion.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 103
♦♣♥♠
You can wait until the network is released if you'd rather leave it on the site for now.  If you do move it to a Waves account, remember to backup your seed and be sure to practice proper security.  There will be a gateway for WGR on Waves once mainnet is ready.  

I wouldn't expect any other exchanges until sometime after the main token is available, which will hopefully avoid complicating the swaps even further.  Not worrying about getting the temporary token on the larger centralized exchanges also lets the team better focus their resources on trying to do other things like direct fiat/wgr gateways, and of course trying to get the main wgr tokens on more exchanges when the time comes.
Many thanks for the explanation. I have asked this question for a long time, and no one, except you, can give a sensible answer.
Activity: 238
Heya all, I got a question.  It's been a few months since I've done anything with WGR, is the Wagerr token on waveswallet.io exchange still the correct one to buy?  I think the identifier is the same, but it doesn't have a green check mark anymore, so I'm not sure if it's the right one.  Anyone know?

Hey, the last time I checked my Waves Litewallet my WGR still had a green check mark. But I would advise you to be really careful if the token you are looking at does not have a green check mark, as it is very easy to create new tokens on Waves, there are copycats of almost all tokens there. I would suggest you to contact the WGR support or ask in the slack channel for clarification before you do any trade.

Waves got rid of the green checkmarks, and now verified tokens like Wagerr are the only ones that show their name on the Waves DEX.  There's also some pretty big improvements coming to Waves very soon which should further help clear up any confusion over real/fake tokens and other issues.

Thanks for the clarification. This is really information that one cant miss. I just checked my waves wallet and its true. Actually I think this is some great improvement by Waves, makes the whole network a lot more trustworthy! Im excited for whats to come from Waves, its a great platform in my opinion.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

It's still a bit early for some specifics, but the lines/results will be pulled from across many different main sources and these sources most likely will be randomly assigned to each MN.  Of course there could be the possibility for those running MNs to add in additional (optional) sources of their own.

I don't think any preference could really be fairly given to often subjective things like reputation within a certain community - instead it will be things like maintaining high uptime, accurate results, and such.  Also they recommend running masternodes from a VPS so I don't think exceptions could be made for issues that arise from trying to run them from a home network.  

With that said though, having more highly technical (and helpful!) users to run these MNs is very welcome.  If there are some significant contributions made to the project in the future, I'm sure they would be fairly rewarded Smiley

Currently there's nothing preventing a person from potentially running 2 or 100 MN, except for accumulating that much wgr and the 2k total MN cap of course.  Even the cap could be removed though, if the masternodes reach consensus on it or a wide range of other things.

The fees will likely burn a lot of wgr yes, but some will be minted from staking so eventually a balance point will be reached.

Thanks for the replies, its absolutely fine that you have not taken on the responsibility of some key decisions and letting users vote.
I have now figured out how to get results off webpages without VPS+API. I am doing this, because it really doesn't seem economical to pay for API+VPS during the early stages of Wagerr development. If the profitability gets to a reasonably high level and my way is not as reliable, then I will happily shift over to the recommended options. The reason is also the advantage of an alternative source. I think that a very obvious thing that may happen is that people will run for the cheapest APIs and cause a low variation of sources.

Its not the "reputation within a certain community" that I had in mind, sorry for confusing you. I meant exactly the reputation from previously submitting accurate results on time, etc.

Now, I still have some questions:

1) What exactly does the 25000WGR collateral mean? Is there a way of losing it or do you just HODL it for the 30 days each time and return it afterwards?
2) Are we only interested in scores and winners? I.e. no pass accuracy, fouls, etc. Or is this up for discussion?
3) Do you know if the MN will only be operable from Linux?
4) Is there a chance that the voting system will cause some form of "forking" in Wagerr?

I am sure many of these things will shake into place during testnet. I am just hoping to get stuff ready early so that I would only need to make minor tweaks in the end.

Thanks!

Activity: 336
I think it's masternode to wait and not risk.
Activity: 334
Hi there!
Is there any instruction of how to run Masternodes on Wagerr?

Think there is no instruction yet because the masternodes need to be released first. They are still in the development stage.

i hope the masternode function will creative ,i very want to invest it and hope will earn more profit
legendary
Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003
https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer
Hi there!

Think there is no instruction yet because the masternodes need to be released first. They are still in the development stage.
Activity: 217
Hi there!
Heya all, I got a question.  It's been a few months since I've done anything with WGR, is the Wagerr token on waveswallet.io exchange still the correct one to buy?  I think the identifier is the same, but it doesn't have a green check mark anymore, so I'm not sure if it's the right one.  Anyone know?

Hey, the last time I checked my Waves Litewallet my WGR still had a green check mark. But I would advise you to be really careful if the token you are looking at does not have a green check mark, as it is very easy to create new tokens on Waves, there are copycats of almost all tokens there. I would suggest you to contact the WGR support or ask in the slack channel for clarification before you do any trade.

Waves got rid of the green checkmarks, and now verified tokens like Wagerr are the only ones that show their name on the Waves DEX.  There's also some pretty big improvements coming to Waves very soon which should further help clear up any confusion over real/fake tokens and other issues.

Hi all,

I salute everyone who has invested in WGR and the Wagerr developers team.

I am looking forward to the testnet and got a few questions regarding the masternodes.

1) What do you expect the interface of the results posting to be like? i.e. do we get the start time, tournament, first confirmation time, sports event etc? How easily are they parsed externally?
2) Does every masternode get the same requests or are some masternodes responsible for certain results and some others for other results?
3) What kind of preference do masternode owners with good reputation get? I have started coding my part in java (dont want to pay for API) and expect to have most of my stuff ready by the testnet release. However, there will be a week or so during the summer when I will not be able to have a computer online for this. I would expect to give up my node for this period. I am worried that it will be difficult for me to get my node back after that.
4) What does the 25000 WGR collateral for a node mean? If I screw up, do I lose them? Or do I pay them each time for a 30-day contract?
5) It is fairly obvious that with burning WGRs, it will be impossible to get 2000 masternodes with 25000 WGRs each. So will the number of masternodes or collateral decrease? Or is this up for the voting procedure?
6) Does anything prevent me from owning 2 or 100 masternodes? Obviously enough, I would prefer the same method of obtaining and posting results.

I hope these questions are not overwhelming and please do not worry if some of your answers have not been formulated yet. I just hope to give my personal contribution into the success of Wagerr and help others if I can.

We are close to seeing the peak of WGR value in $. Shall we work together to see WGR = BTC?!

Sparta

It's still a bit early for some specifics, but the lines/results will be pulled from across many different main sources and these sources most likely will be randomly assigned to each MN.  Of course there could be the possibility for those running MNs to add in additional (optional) sources of their own.

I don't think any preference could really be fairly given to often subjective things like reputation within a certain community - instead it will be things like maintaining high uptime, accurate results, and such.  Also they recommend running masternodes from a VPS so I don't think exceptions could be made for issues that arise from trying to run them from a home network.  

With that said though, having more highly technical (and helpful!) users to run these MNs is very welcome.  If there are some significant contributions made to the project in the future, I'm sure they would be fairly rewarded Smiley

Currently there's nothing preventing a person from potentially running 2 or 100 MN, except for accumulating that much wgr and the 2k total MN cap of course.  Even the cap could be removed though, if the masternodes reach consensus on it or a wide range of other things.

The fees will likely burn a lot of wgr yes, but some will be minted from staking so eventually a balance point will be reached.

I still have my wager in the wager website where i bought it at ICO. Should I move it to waves wallet and when is it going to some other exchange? What's the plan here?

You can wait until the network is released if you'd rather leave it on the site for now.  If you do move it to a Waves account, remember to backup your seed and be sure to practice proper security.  There will be a gateway for WGR on Waves once mainnet is ready.  

I wouldn't expect any other exchanges until sometime after the main token is available, which will hopefully avoid complicating the swaps even further.  Not worrying about getting the temporary token on the larger centralized exchanges also lets the team better focus their resources on trying to do other things like direct fiat/wgr gateways, and of course trying to get the main wgr tokens on more exchanges when the time comes.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
I still have my wager in the wager website where i bought it at ICO. Should I move it to waves wallet and when is it going to some other exchange? What's the plan here?
Activity: 238
Heya all, I got a question.  It's been a few months since I've done anything with WGR, is the Wagerr token on waveswallet.io exchange still the correct one to buy?  I think the identifier is the same, but it doesn't have a green check mark anymore, so I'm not sure if it's the right one.  Anyone know?

Activity: 2
Hi all,

I salute everyone who has invested in WGR and the Wagerr developers team.

I am looking forward to the testnet and got a few questions regarding the masternodes.

1) What do you expect the interface of the results posting to be like? i.e. do we get the start time, tournament, first confirmation time, sports event etc? How easily are they parsed externally?
2) Does every masternode get the same requests or are some masternodes responsible for certain results and some others for other results?
3) What kind of preference do masternode owners with good reputation get? I have started coding my part in java (dont want to pay for API) and expect to have most of my stuff ready by the testnet release. However, there will be a week or so during the summer when I will not be able to have a computer online for this. I would expect to give up my node for this period. I am worried that it will be difficult for me to get my node back after that.
4) What does the 25000 WGR collateral for a node mean? If I screw up, do I lose them? Or do I pay them each time for a 30-day contract?
5) It is fairly obvious that with burning WGRs, it will be impossible to get 2000 masternodes with 25000 WGRs each. So will the number of masternodes or collateral decrease? Or is this up for the voting procedure?
6) Does anything prevent me from owning 2 or 100 masternodes? Obviously enough, I would prefer the same method of obtaining and posting results.

I hope these questions are not overwhelming and please do not worry if some of your answers have not been formulated yet. I just hope to give my personal contribution into the success of Wagerr and help others if I can.

We are close to seeing the peak of WGR value in $. Shall we work together to see WGR = BTC?!

Sparta
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
hold0r.......will take awhile doe.  Undecided
Activity: 99
price crashed today. any reason? dates pushed back?

Satoshi value dropped, btc went up....wagerr is actually higher in fiat.. over 12c

still an absolute bargin in my opinion
Activity: 30
nice! love it!
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
price crashed today. any reason? dates pushed back?
Pages:
Jump to: