Author

Topic: [ANN] INFINITECOIN - UPDATE TO 1.8.8 visit INFINITECOIN.COM - page 135. (Read 154684 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Less and less Infinitecoins left now, because people were thinking they are not much value and forgot the wallet file or lost the password! So that IFC could be 10 usd dollars each this year.
Activity: 2
Hmm. I can’t use coolcoins (or coolegg) due to my nationality.
I’m happy to trade.. or else I guess I’ll have to wait for another exchange to open   Embarrassed
Activity: 77
we can do a coinswap with Dash
Activity: 28
Hey everyone-

I'm looking at what resources I do have to offer, since I haven't been able to put much time towards IFC. I think I can offer something very substantial for the community, but first I want to go over things I perceive as needed for IFC to grow in the US.

First off, we need miners. The auto-faucet is a great short-term solution for an incentive. Any ideas on how we can incentivise mining for the long term?

We need devs. Unfortunately, no one in my personal network seemed interested. However, if someone here is willing to spearhead the hunt for a dev team, I can provide valuable resources towards that.

Finally, we need to get listed on a major US exchange. Here's Poloniex's statement on getting a coin listed.

Here's what I can offer. I have access to an audience of about 350,000 monthly users, of which about 40% are US-based. The audience is primarily gamers, though there's a lot of overlap with with technology interests (including development and cryptocurrencies). This platform drives traffic to Discord communities.

So here is it. If someone or a team will take care of managing a Discord server/community, I can help it grow rapidly and bring a lot more attention to IFC.

I got 1.4 million IFC does anyone want them? This coin is dead. I cannot even sync the wallet.

You can send them to the auto-faucet: i86R5mEaP7SFGfuGhzvzguuRH4c98AefzQ. Or see about getting your wallet file to almightyruler. Finally, I'd happily take them, but I don't want to be seen as greedy

This is great and I would be definitely be willing to help.
Is everyone on here on the telegram group?

t.me/infinitecoin
The question really is which code base is best to change to if it is a viable option?
why do we keep going on about attracting miners?

we need to simply fork a good coin

pivx, or some other up to date good pos coin and coin swap from this old relic to the new code base.

Okay, that would work too. We need to attract devs then

its not that hard, say the community agrees to a 1-5% super block in the new code base, get some coder to swap us over to a good new codebase they keep the 1% or 5% and swap it.

whitecoin swapped from their old shit to just a simple pos3 and it went sky high

Great idea! I love it! How do we do this?

Not say this is ultimately what needs to be done but interesting points

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/transparent-crypto-coin-swap-guidelines-880220

in short:

Transparent Crypto Coin Swap Guidelines:

#1 All wallets are forward compatible. Original wallets must work with new blockchains.

#2 Automatic payouts. Find all the addresses + balances. Send back all the coins in the first block of the new blockchain.

#3 Maintain copies of the older blockchains through multiple channels of distribution. Advanced work can be done to create a custom block explorer that combines both blockchains allowing users to search through both seamlessly as 1 chain.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10

pivx, or some other up to date good pos coin and coin swap from this old relic to the new code base.

its not that hard, say the community agrees to a 1-5% super block in the new code base, get some coder to swap us over to a good new codebase they keep the 1% or 5% and swap it.

whitecoin swapped from their old shit to just a simple pos3 and it went sky high

Great idea! I love it! How do we do this?
Activity: 78

ok so how can we get it done?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
Ok Guys I do not own the following server or content but I have used it and looks ok. I am no responsible for anything.

but you can download the block chain files from here:

http://108.61.216.160/cryptochainer.chains/chains/

just scroll down and find infinitecoin.

don't forget to update nodes, and should sync fairly quickly.

Thanks,

Ah thank you so much man, saving me weeks of time. I checked their website before, but i coulden't find this directory.

Edit: Cryptochainer is a solid website, i've downloaded several chains from them. OFC i always scan their directories and never encountered any malicious files in their chains.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Ok Guys I do not own the following server or content but I have used it and looks ok. I am no responsible for anything.

but you can download the block chain files from here:

http://108.61.216.160/cryptochainer.chains/chains/

just scroll down and find infinitecoin.

don't forget to update nodes, and should sync fairly quickly.

Thanks,
Activity: 1
@kjnewtown,

just let the wallet sync, process took me about a week (didn't open my wallet in 4 years), you have to keep an eye on the process; when it stops syncing, just close the wallet and re-open then syncing continues...
Activity: 6
Can I use the laptop to mine?
Activity: 9
Need miners and pool to activate the coin again. Amy volunteers? 😳
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
[Need Help]
Hello!
After a couple years without using infinitecoin-qt, I have just installed it on a new PC.
So I did the install and opened it 30h ago.

It is still "Out of sync" , still "Synchronizing with network"and only up to 9.06%.
This morning I was at 7%, it seems slower now.

Is it normal? I don't think it is?
Is there anything to do to make it faster?

Can anyone share a solution or his experience with synchronization?

Thanks
Best regards

My internet connection should not be the issue (150Mbps)

I'm in the same boat. I looked everywhere for a bootstrap file or a blockchain to download... absolutely nothing can be found. Stuck downloading the entire chain, which i expect to take about 4-5 more fucking days.. holy shit can't wait to exit this coin while the markets are hot.

And yeah, the blockchain fluctuates between values, never seen anything like that. It does jump from 25% to 60% one time even saw it like 96% (man i was so happy). Hopefully this dinosaur doesn't kick out on us at the last few thousand blocks.

IFC has by far one of the worst blockchain download times out of any currency, i feel like i'm resyncing Bitcoin's QT on a half-assed connection again.

Makes me appreciate the newer blockchains so much more, crypto has come a long way in that respect.
[Need Help]
Hello!
After a couple years without using infinitecoin-qt, I have just installed it on a new PC.
So I did the install and opened it 30h ago.

It is still "Out of sync" , still "Synchronizing with network"and only up to 9.06%.
This morning I was at 7%, it seems slower now.

Is it normal? I don't think it is?
Is there anything to do to make it faster?

Can anyone share a solution or his experience with synchronization?

Thanks
Best regards

My internet connection should not be the issue (150Mbps)
Hi guys, I need some help. I have a large amount of this coin that has been in my bter account. They moved now to gate.io but I could not transfer my IFC there since they do not trade that coin. I downloaded the wallet and it started synching a couple weeks ago. It was about 70% done and my computer restarted at some point. When I came back I tried to open the IFC wallet again but it is nowhere to be found. It is as if it was never installed on the computer. I sent 10K IFC to this wallet address to test. I tried installing a new wallet and get an error message every time I try to install.

What makes it weird is that I have heard a notification as if the wallet is running somewhere on my computer but I cannot find it.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Is there an exchange out there that trades IFC so I can store them on an exchange or somewhere safe? I am not sure how long BTER will store them since they have a new website now. I contacted support and nobody has gotten back to me.

The fact that the wallet disappeared makes me worried that if I install a new wallet on a different machine and put my coins in there it will just erase itself one day?

I also want to contribute to the faucet and send some coins there, not sure if I should do it out of bter or once I get the wallet figured out.

Hi tina-o,
You should be able to recover your wallet.dat file, it is the only file that matters.
infinitecoin-qt automatically saves it in:
(WINDOWS) C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\infinitecoin\
(MAC) /Users/yourname/Application Support/infinitecoin/

Quick access on  windows:
-do WIN+R
-than type: %appdata%
-enter in the infinitecoin folder
-copy and save preciously the wallet.dat file.

Then if you install the wallet on a new machine, go in the same folder and paste the wallet.dat file
Activity: 1
Hi guys, I need some help. I have a large amount of this coin that has been in my bter account. They moved now to gate.io but I could not transfer my IFC there since they do not trade that coin. I downloaded the wallet and it started synching a couple weeks ago. It was about 70% done and my computer restarted at some point. When I came back I tried to open the IFC wallet again but it is nowhere to be found. It is as if it was never installed on the computer. I sent 10K IFC to this wallet address to test. I tried installing a new wallet and get an error message every time I try to install.

What makes it weird is that I have heard a notification as if the wallet is running somewhere on my computer but I cannot find it.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Is there an exchange out there that trades IFC so I can store them on an exchange or somewhere safe? I am not sure how long BTER will store them since they have a new website now. I contacted support and nobody has gotten back to me.

The fact that the wallet disappeared makes me worried that if I install a new wallet on a different machine and put my coins in there it will just erase itself one day?

I also want to contribute to the faucet and send some coins there, not sure if I should do it out of bter or once I get the wallet figured out.

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Current CMC ranking would be about 250 if the circulating supply was reflected. Not too shabby! How can we get this updated on CMC? What is the website link which tracks the circulating supply?
Jump to: