Author

Topic: [ANN] INFINITECOIN - UPDATE TO 1.8.8 visit INFINITECOIN.COM - page 137. (Read 154684 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 0
Hey, silly question, which English speaking exchanges can trade IFC?
[...]

That would be cryptopia.

They're delisting IFC in a few weeks. You can't trade it any more. (And from a post earlier this page, looks like you can't even withdraw it.)
wtfffff anyone know who was to fault about this? IFC devs or Cryptopia?

This is terrible Sad
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Hi there, are u mining on a website or solo mining?

Solo, but a pool would certainly help the uptake of mining.
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
Miner, Trader
The auto-faucet balance is depleted again. To give out 100 IFC every 2 minutes requires 72000 IFC per day. I mine some of this myself (any rewards I win go back to the auto-faucet balance) but otherwise it gets used up fairly quickly.

The reason for the relatively high 100 IFC reward is that I don't think I can make this any lower by using the standard client. Maybe I will have to back it off to 100 IFC per 5 minutes or something like that.

Now that the rewards have ceased, people have stopped mining it, and difficulty has come back down again... Sad Network hash rate was 3MH/s yesterday, now it's 0.3MH/s. It is vital that we:

1. Increase hash rate to secure the network,

and

2. Provide a consistent reward stream to encourage miners to stay.

Please donate to replenish reward funds: i86R5mEaP7SFGfuGhzvzguuRH4c98AefzQ

Hi there, are u mining on a website or solo mining?
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
Any news regarding this coin? A rebrand or kickstart to this coin would be good, many other coins do the same. Problem is finding a team that can do it and is willing to
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
The auto-faucet balance is depleted again. To give out 100 IFC every 2 minutes requires 72000 IFC per day. I mine some of this myself (any rewards I win go back to the auto-faucet balance) but otherwise it gets used up fairly quickly.

The reason for the relatively high 100 IFC reward is that I don't think I can make this any lower by using the standard client. Maybe I will have to back it off to 100 IFC per 5 minutes or something like that.

Now that the rewards have ceased, people have stopped mining it, and difficulty has come back down again... Sad Network hash rate was 3MH/s yesterday, now it's 0.3MH/s. It is vital that we:

and

I sent you 5k. I don't have a miner to add, but I hope the IFC helps. Thank you for your help.
legendary
if everyone starts their wallet cpu mining, that will help the network secure too.

Yes, but you should know it is a very inefficient way of doing so. As a temporary measure it will definitely help, especially if 10 or 50 people are doing this. Can the Windows client do CPU mining?

Right now difficulty has come back down to 0.002 because the auto-faucet has no funds, and miners are not being rewarded anything. Most of that 0.002 is probably my gridseed. (edit: network hash of 350khash/sec, yes, that is my single gridseed currently securing the entire IFC network! We need more miners.)
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
why coinegg exchange does not allow withdraw?
if everyone starts their wallet cpu mining, that will help the network secure too.
Activity: 18
China IFC fans more and more nodes are also increasing, that can go beyond gerbaud.
does wallet mining help with hash rate?
legendary

and

legendary
[...]

That would be cryptopia.

They're delisting IFC in a few weeks. You can't trade it any more. (And from a post earlier this page, looks like you can't even withdraw it.)
Activity: 728
Merit: 251

I used to use Novaexchange but they're closing.

That would be cryptopia.
legendary

I used to use Novaexchange but they're closing.
copper member
Activity: 744
Merit: 101
Activity: 94
Hi all, i was always unable to withdraw my IFC from Cryptopia, and have a long time support ticket with them about it, does anyone know when they'll be removing that "maintenene" issue, so we can withdraw our IFC's?

Any info much appreciated Smiley
Activity: 24
Hello friends, new date for cryptopia deslist:

Final message of Cryptopia:

Quote from: Cryptopia
27th November - IFC suffered a 51% attack to its' network. This resulted in the loss of coins in Cryptopia users IFC addresses. Unfortunately Cryptopia is unable to regulate a coins network and IFC will be de-listed. Delist date: 27/12/2017

Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Could you give me a slack link? I want to find IFC chat community
Activity: 98
真心希望外国的朋友们能够与中国热爱ifC的爱好者,共同努力,让ifC发展的更好!中国已经成立了ifC的社区,基金会!我们一起加油!
legendary
Thanks for the info .. I know mining with cpu is not good at all ... but what I am asking is how to set up ccminer for example to mine with gpu ... I understand is not profitable . But I am not looking to be profitable for the moment  I am looking how to set up a miner to mine ifc with gpu.

Okay, this may give you some idea of the potential. Back in 2014, before moving to ASICs, I mined with 4 X R9 270X and 2 x R9 280X.

Here's the 270: http://www.gpuscanner.com/amd-r9-270

The mining hashrate of a single 270X GPU is roughly equivalent to a Gridseed 5 chip ASIC (but power consumption is 20+ times more!)

There are other GPUs listed on that site, so if you can find yours, scale the estimate based on the hashrate.

My 15-20% estimate in a previous message was a fair bit off. I've checked actual mining output and over the past 2880 blocks (24 hours) my Gridseed won 63 blocks, or 2.2% of the total. With the current reward of 100 IFC per 2 minutes this is about 1575 IFC per day.

My main concern is that you spend time setting things up, then difficulty increases as more miners jump in to take advantage of the current reward system. For example, difficulty has increased by about 4 times in as many days. The chance of winning blocks is inversely proportional to difficulty, so if difficulty increases by (say) another 4 times, the daily estimate will be a quarter of what it is now. If difficulty went up by (say) 10 times you'd only be making 157 IFC per day. I don't want you to waste your time only to be disappointed because your already small mining output dries up as more miners put their own hashpower into this coin.

Anyway, if you do decide to continue, this page, although old, should assist you with setting up the software: http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/04/build-a-litecoin-mining-rig-windows/

HTH.
Jump to: