Author

Topic: [ANN] INTENSE COIN - Blockchain backed decentralized VPN - Hybrid PoW - page 279. (Read 235822 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
If the VPN can work and without major latency, slowing down the browser experience, then this project could defintiely have potential

The value of VPN is questionable when there is a corporate company you need to trust, that the govt can call into court demanding to see IP logs and records and such

If the VPN is decentralized though, there is nobody to subpoena into court
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
The VPNs most people use are purchased through centralized VPN companies.
Could you answer my question above:

what's the difference between this project and Tor except that Tor nodes are free for everyone and still are decentralised?
Activity: 254
Merit: 104
Activity: 219
Merit: 121
Lethean Developer
will it work , I mean we already have VPNs, we pay for it, so why we invest in this COIN? , I just want a good logical answer

The VPNs most people use are purchased through centralized VPN companies. Most people don't want their activities, information and identity known by VPN companies. After all, most people use VPNs for anonymity. ITNS will offer a solution to this, and offer VPN anonymity because the endpoint of your VPN is not some large provider forced to keep records on clients. In most cases it will be a user at their house, or someone with dedicated or VPS hosting. We cut out the middleman of requiring a VPN company and instead make the VPN a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) process. Furthermore, the P2P mechanism allows users to generate revenue (in ITNS) for allowing others to use their connection, creating a consumer-driven marketplace.

Also consider that centralized VPN providers allow companies and countries to easily perform sweeping blocks toward IPs used by the VPN company. This defeats the purpose of using a VPN since the nodes are inaccessible. With a P2P decentralized VPN network, it's impossible to categorically ban IPs as being accessed for providing VPN services. Consider this in the context of China, NK and other countries banning VPN use. The potential of a distributed, decentralized, P2P VPN system is much greater in terms of broad accessibility than single centralized providers.

It sounds great, and VPN's on the blockchain are only inevitable, I also love the fact this is A. on Cryptonight and B. PoW...That being said, allowing people to be peer-to-peer VPN's is great and all, but doesn't that pose a risk if someone else is doing malicious activities on their end through you? So you essentially get PoS/Stake by allowing others to utilize your server/wallet/peer network but that also assumes some risk doesn't it? Also, I'm not happy to see a standard "cryptonight whitepaper" on the site, this project should have a detailed whitepaper of their own.

Operating VPNs is indeed a risk, no way around that. We have plans for a whitepaper in our roadmap (October).
Lethean Developer
Add Makefile 
Code:
 build-release: cmake-release
        cd build/release && $(MAKE) -DHAVE_SSE42 -msse4.2

Code:
intensecoin-master# rm -rf build
root@xci:/home/max/intensecoin-master# cmake -DPORTABLE=1 -DWITH_AVX2=0
-- Boost version: 1.55.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   system
--   filesystem
--   thread
--   date_time
--   chrono
--   regex
--   serialization
--   program_options
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
  Could NOT find Threads (missing: Threads_FOUND)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:166 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  external/rocksdb/CMakeLists.txt:319 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/max/intensecoin-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/max/intensecoin-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

Need to cmake .. from build dir, not cmake in the main src dir. Also please try only cmake with the new options first, before you modify the makefile.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
https://intensemining.pro/

33 workers at the moment.

Now 43 workers and 50+ KH/s. Nice and stable too. C'mon guys, let's spread the mining power out. One pool with 90%+ of the network hashrate isn't good for anyone.

If a few you guys can confirm that this pool is paying out as it should and you receive the coins then we can add it to the OP this weekend.

Cheers

I'm about 1/5th of the pool's hashrate at the moment (kinda sad for a bunch of 7950 GPUs LOL) and I can confirm that I'm being paid exactly as I should be. Hope that helps.

Activity: 254
Merit: 104

Now 43 workers and 50+ KH/s. Nice and stable too. C'mon guys, let's spread the mining power out. One pool with 90%+ of the network hashrate isn't good for anyone.

If a few you guys can confirm that this pool is paying out as it should and you receive the coins then we can add it to the OP this weekend.

Cheers

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
will it work , I mean we already have VPNs, we pay for it, so why we invest in this COIN? , I just want a good logical answer

The VPNs most people use are purchased through centralized VPN companies. Most people don't want their activities, information and identity known by VPN companies. After all, most people use VPNs for anonymity. ITNS will offer a solution to this, and offer VPN anonymity because the endpoint of your VPN is not some large provider forced to keep records on clients. In most cases it will be a user at their house, or someone with dedicated or VPS hosting. We cut out the middleman of requiring a VPN company and instead make the VPN a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) process. Furthermore, the P2P mechanism allows users to generate revenue (in ITNS) for allowing others to use their connection, creating a consumer-driven marketplace.

Also consider that centralized VPN providers allow companies and countries to easily perform sweeping blocks toward IPs used by the VPN company. This defeats the purpose of using a VPN since the nodes are inaccessible. With a P2P decentralized VPN network, it's impossible to categorically ban IPs as being accessed for providing VPN services. Consider this in the context of China, NK and other countries banning VPN use. The potential of a distributed, decentralized, P2P VPN system is much greater in terms of broad accessibility than single centralized providers.

It sounds great, and VPN's on the blockchain are only inevitable, I also love the fact this is A. on Cryptonight and B. PoW...That being said, allowing people to be peer-to-peer VPN's is great and all, but doesn't that pose a risk if someone else is doing malicious activities on their end through you? So you essentially get PoS/Stake by allowing others to utilize your server/wallet/peer network but that also assumes some risk doesn't it? Also, I'm not happy to see a standard "cryptonight whitepaper" on the site, this project should have a detailed whitepaper of their own.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist
Add Makefile 
Code:

Code:
intensecoin-master# rm -rf build
root@xci:/home/max/intensecoin-master# cmake -DPORTABLE=1 -DWITH_AVX2=0
-- Boost version: 1.55.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   system
--   filesystem
--   thread
--   date_time
--   chrono
--   regex
--   serialization
--   program_options
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
  Could NOT find Threads (missing: Threads_FOUND)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:166 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  external/rocksdb/CMakeLists.txt:319 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/max/intensecoin-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/max/intensecoin-master/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Lethean Developer

Lethean Developer
Try running cmake with -DPORTABLE=1 -DWITH_AVX2=0
Did not help, the mistakes are the same.

Did you `rm -rf build` first, before running `cmake -DPORTABLE=1 -DWITH_AVX2=0 ..` ? Which version of cmake are you using? Please also try running cmake with `-DHAVE_SSE42 -msse4.2 `. If that doesn't work, open the Makefile and add those arguments like so:

previous:

Code:
        cd build/release && $(MAKE)

new:
Code:

Something wrong with the pool: http://intensecoin.com/pool/#/ Please check!!!!

Sorry, it wasn't making new blocks for about an hour. The VPS it is hosted on seems to get cranky after 7-10 days and requires the daemon be restarted. It's running smoothly now.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Something wrong with the pool: http://intensecoin.com/pool/#/ Please check!!!!
Hello does anyone have an estimate for how much they're earning mining this? Don't care what card, just make sure to mention what it is you're using~
The hashrate is the same as Monero (there is a lot of resources to get different hardware rates).
Then there is a calculator on the official pool to estimate ITNS/day with known hashrate.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
Hello does anyone have an estimate for how much they're earning mining this? Don't care what card, just make sure to mention what it is you're using~
when planing echange ?

The road map says that the exchange should happen soon.
Hopefully it will happen in the next week or two.

This is what the devs said in their latest update:

• At this time, we are still waiting for response from NovaExchange regarding listing, as their 1 BTC listing fee is something the core team is able to budget out of personal coffers

Though I think an exchange listing is unimportant at the moment. The core project has a lot of potential; make enough progress there and you'll find exchanges will be falling over themselves to ask to list this coin.

Totally agreed... Devs should focus on making a product and then all exchanges will want to have a slice of the INTS markets... First product then sale... It has worked in the real world for dozens of years...

I'm fairly new to this coin, but FWIW I'm with these guys. The only rush to list on an exchange is if you're incurring mining expenses that you can't cover out of pocket and need to dump ASAP to pay the bills. Not a sound strategy. Otherwise let the product mature before even trying to get an exchange listing. It has great potential and doesn't need to be yet another list, pump, and miner dump coin.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Did devteam already get answer by Nova about listing?
If so, then another question: what's the difference between this project and Tor except that Tor nodes are free for everyone and still are decentralised?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I think the general case for it is that VPNs are typically centralized. If the main VPN provider is compromised it stops becoming a "Private" network.

A decentralized system doesn't suffer from that problem so it enhances privacy and anonymity. Moreover decentralization should mean that it'll be more resilient to any one node going down. Finally with most VPN providers you have to trust that they aren't monitoring or selling your data. If this is done in an open source way that won't be required.

It's why I find this project exciting. VPNs are the kind of thing that can really harness the potential of a blockchain.
Activity: 602
Merit: 134
Still no other pools or exchanges we need to wait October?
would you like to try ourpool?  Wink
http://intensecoinpool.sytes.net/# fee 0.1% until 1-oct-2017

enjoy mining!

0 workers is like mining solo  Grin
yes, Grin if you have rig you can try Grin
Jump to: