Author

Topic: [ANN] INTENSE COIN - Blockchain backed decentralized VPN - Hybrid PoW - page 282. (Read 235822 times)

Activity: 254
Merit: 104
I have some free time yesterday and tried to redesign Intense logo;
so, dev team, if you like it - you can use it.

Logo 1:
http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/170918/Q15K8O23j9.jpg

Logo 2:
http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/170918/zZE81fOFZX.jpg

Logo 3:
http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/170918/s3tHlOG1Ve.jpg

Hi there,

thanks a lot for your effort designing these logos. However, we are not considering rebranding at this time, as there are other priorities, but we will keep it in mind for the future.

Cheers
Activity: 219
Merit: 121
Lethean Developer

Intense September Update

Enjoy reading:) https://intensecoin.com/2017/09/17/september-update/

Selected highlights:
  • the pool mining server and daemon have been running for weeks without complaint
  • At this time, we are still waiting for response from NovaExchange regarding listing, as their 1 BTC listing fee is something the core team is able to budget out of personal coffers
  • development has not been tremendously fruitful as of late
  • active on Twitter and Bitcointalk
  • Going forward, we plan to publish a monthly summary of the happenings of Intense Coin, on or about the 15th of the month (the launch anniversary of Intense).
  • Following our roadmap, the items on our immediate agenda are paper wallet generation (a la BIP39), ITNS listing on an exchange, a Slack tipbot, and a Twitter awareness ad campaign

Analysis
First the bad stuff: development of the VPN solution not being fruitful is a little concerning. This project has a lot of potential but it'll require a credible path to actually building the VPN solution. That said it's only been a month and we should see how things stand over the next few ones.

The good stuff: The developers are willing to pay 1 BTC out of their person pockets to get it listed. That shows a serious commitment by the developer, and so, per my previous point, even if they didn't have a great first month, it shows that they intend to make some true progress.

Moreover the promise to provide monthly updates is also a really positive move. Open and clear communication will build a lot of trust and interest in the project. It's like a company publishing quarterly reports.

All in all in my mind this update substantially boosted the value of this coin. Before we kind of just had to take it on face value that a VPN solution would be built. Now we have some evidence that developers are both serious about it and will give us honest updates about its development.

SyrioForElle, thanks very much for your comprehensive summary and analysis.

I would ask for your reconsideration of labeling the lack of VPN progress as concerning. Unanticipated and exorbitant amounts of time and resources were dedicated to resolving and maintaining issues with the core branch after launch. We used the CryptoNote reference implementation, thinking that was the best as it's right from the CN foundation and developers, but in fact it turned out to be neglected and rife with issues. Upgrading the core code, the pool software, and triaging all of the snags that came about as a result of those actions tied us up from time that should have been spent on VPN-related activities.

I am not stating these facts to be defensive, but to hopefully share insight for the uninitiated on the reasons behind our current delayed status.

We have now patched up these issues and feel, at last, pleased with the coin itself, leaving us to focus on more important matters (the actual development of the VPN service)! Also note that there have been efforts mentioned to discuss the work with private contacts and some VPN companies, so it wasn't a complete wash. Wink R&D continues. At this very moment I am consulting with a firm that has worked on a similar project. While it took longer than we would like to get to this point, as you said it has only been a month, and we are working diligently to have significant progress in the VPN arena by the next monthly report.

We appreciate your positivity and support.

Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Why is wallet syncing so sloooow?

About 2 blocks per second, I have 8 peers connected...
I think old wallet synced way faster
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Is there anything I can do about an unconfirmed transaction that I sent before I updated to the new wallet? The fee was too low and it's been almost a week. Transaction: 5b6f82ca45c918c8b6b4743e765c49226af9c53a16224484f826e36813ab5ebb
Activity: 490
Merit: 264
| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |
when planing echange ?

The road map says that the exchange should happen soon.
Hopefully it will happen in the next week or two.

This is what the devs said in their latest update:

• At this time, we are still waiting for response from NovaExchange regarding listing, as their 1 BTC listing fee is something the core team is able to budget out of personal coffers

Though I think an exchange listing is unimportant at the moment. The core project has a lot of potential; make enough progress there and you'll find exchanges will be falling over themselves to ask to list this coin.

Totally agreed... Devs should focus on making a product and then all exchanges will want to have a slice of the INTS markets... First product then sale... It has worked in the real world for dozens of years...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
when planing echange ?

This is what the devs said in their latest update:

Though I think an exchange listing is unimportant at the moment. The core project has a lot of potential; make enough progress there and you'll find exchanges will be falling over themselves to ask to list this coin.
Activity: 497
Merit: 251
Question from a newbie here, what makes INTENSE unique compared to other VPN crypto solutions (wont mention other cryptos names coz else people think i shill:P)?
Serious question..

Also voting for logo 1 since it seems cleaner while the other logos have a cheap feel to it.
Activity: 117

Logo 1:

Logo 2:

Logo 3:

Logo 1 the best choice!
Activity: 1498
Merit: 342
the Trend is Your Friend?
Hello! I write through google-translite.
the situation is as follows: from 6:00 am today, I mine stratum + tcp: //45.32.171.89: 4444 on the pool, the speed is about 600h / s.
On payments in pending, 18itns is specified, but from 6:00 am there was not one payout.
why is that?
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
So after doing everything the dev suggested, upgrade wallet, turn off wallet optimization (which was never turned on), take wallet offline for a couple of days, I still have about 18000 coins locked. Anyone else having similar issues?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
PHqpBmGrA3V6GqzmyQWEaQTjCMDGfSDbcn
when planing echange ?

Activity: 308
when planing echange ?
Activity: 16
Merit: 2
Hi all!

I'm excited to invite you to mine intense with us at https://intensemining.pro.

Let's add a bit of decentralization to this coin!
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist
Need help in run daemon.
No start , libbost 1.64, installed, no start illegal instruction.
No compilled, error.
Ubuntu 14.04 x64.
Good to hear an update intense team, I like the idea of monthly updates

This coin had a bumpy start, not surprising that development is a bit behind but that's ok, dev heart has been shown
Activity: 679
Merit: 103

Logo 1:

Logo 2:

Logo 3:
Activity: 580
Merit: 253
Atheios.org
Thanks for the update things are moving forward Smiley
PHqpBmGrA3V6GqzmyQWEaQTjCMDGfSDbcn
I mined Intense HARD when it launched... through the ups and downs of the pool instability. Glad to see it more stable now.
Looking forward to seeing it on some exchanges soon!
Activity: 129
Merit: 5
Can someone put configuration of his bat file here? I m interested in this coin. I tried but every time some error on screen Sad
I m using 2x7950 and 9.7 cryptonote miner claymore, is that miner correct?

Regards
My config.txt for claymore contains this

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://45.32.171.89:6666
-u WALLET_ADDRESS
-p x
-allpools 1

my start.bat only has this in it.
Code:
NsGpuCNMiner.exe

after you've have updated it just run the start.bat file.

Thank you, Am I mining now Intense or XMR? I put my intense wallet adress, where is the pool where i mine now? I cant find, but in scrypt I mine Cheesy
Activity: 392
Merit: 101

Intense September Update

Enjoy reading:) https://intensecoin.com/2017/09/17/september-update/

Selected highlights:
  • the pool mining server and daemon have been running for weeks without complaint
  • development has not been tremendously fruitful as of late
  • active on Twitter and Bitcointalk
  • Going forward, we plan to publish a monthly summary of the happenings of Intense Coin, on or about the 15th of the month (the launch anniversary of Intense).
  • Following our roadmap, the items on our immediate agenda are paper wallet generation (a la BIP39), ITNS listing on an exchange, a Slack tipbot, and a Twitter awareness ad campaign

Analysis
First the bad stuff: development of the VPN solution not being fruitful is a little concerning. This project has a lot of potential but it'll require a credible path to actually building the VPN solution. That said it's only been a month and we should see how things stand over the next few ones.

The good stuff: The developers are willing to pay 1 BTC out of their person pockets to get it listed. That shows a serious commitment by the developer, and so, per my previous point, even if they didn't have a great first month, it shows that they intend to make some true progress.

Moreover the promise to provide monthly updates is also a really positive move. Open and clear communication will build a lot of trust and interest in the project. It's like a company publishing quarterly reports.

All in all in my mind this update substantially boosted the value of this coin. Before we kind of just had to take it on face value that a VPN solution would be built. Now we have some evidence that developers are both serious about it and will give us honest updates about its development.

Oh thanks for pointing it out. The website has changed too and I agree that giving monthly updates is a really good move.

Also people wondering about ITNS price, there are couple of VPN coins already and at least one another coin with similar concept is having an ICO. I believe which ever coin delivers the functioning product first will have an upper hand.
Jump to: