Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Introduction to DualMiner USB (could mine both BTC and LTC) - page 2. (Read 114581 times)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100
do these work with mac osx ?
Activity: 238
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
Ps anyone have luck with 30 plus dms on windows dualminer software?
I had a heck of a time just getting ten goin stably....
Very stable on windows using 30+. Haven't tried using pi.

Gave up on pi...

Anyway, windows seems good, although I still have to figure out how to get 3 of my 37 dualminers recognized. I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall and go through that whole process again....

Will sell 3 new dms for 120 btw OBO.

I am sick of running up and down the house between family stuff and wife yelling at me trying to get these all going. I am happy at 34 going at this point....thus selling the three at a loss...

3 dualminers for 120 dollar?

Yes, but I think I already have a taker for that offer.
I have them in the shop for €79,00...for one.
If not sold, contact me.

I have these running stably now thanks to demonmaestro....that was a frustration sell price... lol

I would however liquidate some of these newbies for $75.00 USD a piece.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

Gave up on pi...

Anyway, windows seems good, although I still have to figure out how to get 3 of my 37 dualminers recognized. I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall and go through that whole process again....

I am sick of running up and down the house between family stuff and wife yelling at me trying to get these all going. I am happy at 34 going at this point....thus selling the three at a loss...

I have them in the shop for €79,00...for one.
If not sold, contact me.

Gave up on pi...

legendary

Gave up on pi...

Gave up on pi...

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
My question is on which pool everyone is using.  I am mining litecoin on netcodepool.org.  Its been fine but only about 120 workers.  My hash rate is pretty good but I am wondering if I would earn more from a different pool that has more workers?

I've mostly been on CleverMining, but now I'm on WafflePool. Both are well run multi-pools with similar profitability over time. They both automatically convert to and pay out BTC. They both charge a 2% fee.

But I prefer WafflePool's better transparency and an abundance of stats. Also WafflePool has quite a bit more hash power at the moment, which reduces variance.

You might want to check out this thread where the OP tracks multiple pools and the actual results from hash pointed at them (as opposed to using the advertised stats from the pool operators):

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/discontinued-cryptoday-mining-revenue-stats-scrypt-scrypt-n-x11-x13-514242
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
...having endless trouble trying to get my 37 DM 2.0 rig with 5 Orico ten ports running with rasp pi. I followed all steps correctly, ensured that the pi was not buggy (interchanged it with working 5 chip rig), and don't seem to have any connection happening (no lnk light) via Ethernet to ssh with putty.

Any ideas much appreciated.

I have 50 running on my rig I built also with 5 graphics cards running. I am using 5 Rosewill 10 port hubs and a small fan on them.  Very stable.  One of my graphics cards will die first before these USB miners.  I am using the original windows interface software from dual miner and cgminer for the graphics cards.

My question is on which pool everyone is using.  I am mining litecoin on netcodepool.org.  Its been fine but only about 120 workers.  My hash rate is pretty good but I am wondering if I would earn more from a different pool that has more workers?

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1150
...having endless trouble trying to get my 37 DM 2.0 rig with 5 Orico ten ports running with rasp pi. I followed all steps correctly, ensured that the pi was not buggy (interchanged it with working 5 chip rig), and don't seem to have any connection happening (no lnk light) via Ethernet to ssh with putty.

I have 29 working and completely stable on a Raspberry Pi with the dual miner cgminer and mineninja. This sucker will run for weeks on end without any problems. My current uptime is nearly 15 days. It's much better than my GridSeed 5 chip rig which I've found to be much less stable, and a pain to set up and tune.

One thing you have to be very careful about is making sure that you don't have more than 9 DMs in an Orico.

Also, due to the underlying Orico sub-hub layout, you have to leave the slot nearest the power switch empty. This is absolutely critical. If you leave the wrong slot empty, you're going to see stability problems. So you should follow the diagram on this thread or the DM site exactly.

Regarding your connection to your Pi, that sounds like a fundamental Ethernet problem and unrelated to the DMs or any USB problem. If you don't see a link light, it could be anything from a bad Ethernet cable, to a bad switch, to a damaged Pi.

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
anyone got a link to the previous version of the dualminer software? something wrong with the 1.0.1.9 one and i deleted the old version when i updated  Huh

I get this [2014-04-14 15:46:13] cgminer.exe: -S: unrecognized option                   

and endless timeouts

I see I'm not the only one who saw that.  I had to revert back to 1.0.0.6 for now as well.   Any one else get the new version to work?
legendary
Activity: 1288
I put it in there.  I liked it a lot.  Simple a straight forward.
Thanks for letting me add it.

That is a great video.
Can I add the link to my review for people to see?
I think you did a good job with the video.

I have several.
They are great units.  Easy to use and fun as well.
They are stable and run the best using MultiMiner with the BFGMiner dualminer pre-release.
I even did a review of them you can see here.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/dualminer-sha-256-scrypt-usb-miner/2014/02/26
The people from DualMiner are great to talk  to and very responsive if you have questions.
I hope this helps you out.
Happy Mining.

Anyone using this, Is this miner a good buy

I made a nice video about the dual miner on Youtube and Vimeo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRwOWOTEylc
Hope you like it.

That would be great :-)

anyone got a link to the previous version of the dualminer software? something wrong with the 1.0.1.9 one and i deleted the old version when i updated  Huh

and endless timeouts
I think this is the old (read best) version: http://www.bitcoinupdate.nl/1/post/2014/03/dual-miner-setup-software.html
legendary
That is a great video.

I have several.
They are stable and run the best using MultiMiner with the BFGMiner dualminer pre-release.
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/dualminer-sha-256-scrypt-usb-miner/2014/02/26
The people from DualMiner are great to talk  to and very responsive if you have questions.
Happy Mining.

Hope you like it.

That would be great :-)

and endless timeouts
I think this is the old (read best) version: http://www.bitcoinupdate.nl/1/post/2014/03/dual-miner-setup-software.html
Activity: 192

and endless timeouts
legendary
That is a great video.

I have several.
Happy Mining.

Hope you like it.
legendary
I have several.
Happy Mining.

Hope you like it.
legendary
I have several.
They are great units.  Easy to use and fun as well.
The people from DualMiner are great to talk  to and very responsive if you have questions.
Happy Mining.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Are you guys successfully able to over clock these units ? I am on hubs that has combination of ants and DMs. Using windows, using DM GUI for DM usbs
Pages:
Jump to: