Author

Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today! - page 175. (Read 473123 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL
9 months to make a game (projected 1 month initially) and 3 weeks for it to fizzle out. I thought this was a gaming based crypto currency? Are the investors not at all worried about this? Seems they just care about profits any way possible. Who cares about the white paper, I can make my XPY loses whole again!

If you knew what was going on then you would understand.... such opportunity.... you need to be selective in how you deploy resources otherwise you just squander it.

As someone who has been involved since day 1 I'm loving it  Grin

Any predictions on when ION will hit 50 cents

How can I make a prediction? I'm not a whale and privy to all the inside information that you are. You basically just admitted that the only way to be on top in this coin is to be a whale. Such crypto.
Activity: 214
Merit: 113
9 months to make a game (projected 1 month initially) and 3 weeks for it to fizzle out. I thought this was a gaming based crypto currency? Are the investors not at all worried about this? Seems they just care about profits any way possible. Who cares about the white paper, I can make my XPY loses whole again!

If you knew what was going on then you would understand.... such opportunity.... you need to be selective in how you deploy resources otherwise you just squander it.

Ah yes, back to the old 'you don't understand because you're not a whale' argument. Please understand this: the current price is utterly irrelevant. Most of the trade volume at the moment is likely bagholders trading to other bagholders anyway.

The success of this project depends on it's games being at least relatively successful. So far, you've released one single game that took nearly a year to be finally 'ready' and has been met with a reception that could only generously be described as mediocre.

If having under 50 regular players each week is a sign of success for you, frankly I think you need to get a grip. The games need to be orders of magnitude more compelling and polished if you expect this project to be a success. So far this team have demonstrated absolutely no ability to produce something that appeals to a bigger audience -- in concept or execution.
Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

legendary
HODL
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
As the Ionomy Vision grows, additional programing resources will come aboard and speed up the production of the games...

I'm going to go far out on a limb here and just by gauging how long this first game has taken, I'd have to just say......

Grin
legendary
HODL
amateurism

There would nothing wrong with it if they recognized that fact and acted accordingly instead of trying to make it sound like they can develop the full stack better than anybody else.

If they have a brilliant idea (doubtful, but let's give them the benefit of said doubt for a few seconds) but suck at execution (the part that they must be able to see after years of failures) surely they could find someone capable of doing it in a less sucky way. Like they hired that kid to clone the coin, but in a more managed and organized way. It's really bizarre that 300 BTC - their claimed ICO amount - was not enough to even show the viability of the idea. Well, to show it to anyone other than whales, who believe anything the "team" tells them.

Although it's more likely that the big "idea" is a turd and there is a good reason why nobody else tried to polish it.

It's just that for some inexplicable reason they choose to release them once a year.

@suchmoon Maybe the schedule has changed and you didn't get the memo... I like your suggestion that a in-depth Ionomy game should be released yearly...

I'm not suggesting anything, Sharkie, nor am I subscribed to your whale memos. But if Gravity took a year then an "in-depth" game will take a decade and will still suck bigly.

As the Ionomy Vision grows, additional programing resources will come aboard and speed up the production of the games...

Or one whale wants to cash out and crashes the price and everyone panic sells and the coin is done. Just as you always think ION is one step away from the moon, they realistically are closer to one disgruntled whale from destroying the whole operation. But you would do that would you? You're in it for the good of ION and Ionomy, not yourself, right?😜
Activity: 1344
Merit: 500
amateurism

There would nothing wrong with it if they recognized that fact and acted accordingly instead of trying to make it sound like they can develop the full stack better than anybody else.

If they have a brilliant idea (doubtful, but let's give them the benefit of said doubt for a few seconds) but suck at execution (the part that they must be able to see after years of failures) surely they could find someone capable of doing it in a less sucky way. Like they hired that kid to clone the coin, but in a more managed and organized way. It's really bizarre that 300 BTC - their claimed ICO amount - was not enough to even show the viability of the idea. Well, to show it to anyone other than whales, who believe anything the "team" tells them.

Although it's more likely that the big "idea" is a turd and there is a good reason why nobody else tried to polish it.

It's just that for some inexplicable reason they choose to release them once a year.

@suchmoon Maybe the schedule has changed and you didn't get the memo... I like your suggestion that a in-depth Ionomy game should be released yearly...

I'm not suggesting anything, Sharkie, nor am I subscribed to your whale memos. But if Gravity took a year then an "in-depth" game will take a decade and will still suck bigly.

legendary
HODL

So you are saying that Crypto Gravity is an in depth game? Yikes!

Seeing that Gravity fizzled out in just a few weeks, don't you think it's more important than ever for Ionomy to release one game per month? The slow price increase will only be sustained for so long with ZERO innovation (MN hosting is not by any means innovative, so don't shill there) before it settles down to the true merits of the coin. Had the increase in DASH not happened, ION MasterNodes would have very little outside interest. Any "success" ION has seen thus far has been off the coat tails of other projects.

WildShill, what is your reasoning for Gravity not being the runaway success that you whales and the team said it was? Could you provide any actual details on the buy support the game has created? How much? How often the buys take place?

What would you tell a new potential investor that asked about the state of Gravity? If you would indeed address a person whom asked questions, I know it's not your style.

Obviously you won't address this with a response because that's not your style, but I think it's reaching somewhat to characterise 'Crypto Gravity' as an in depth game.
amateurism

Indeed, and really that is my primary problem with crypto ICO schemes like this. Essentially it's nothing more than a bunch of loosely associated faux-startup types dressing up in suits brought on crowd funded dime & playing at being a legitimate business for a while, spewing out massively overblown, pie in the sky business plans along the way. You might argue that most startups are like this, but because this is crypto there's far less accountability, increasing risk. The team do not appear to possess the required skills and experience collectively to pull this off, and a bunch of investors will get burned yet again when it eventually folds. I think that's wrong.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
amateurism

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

Thanks altheshort, I'm sure ionomy is paying close attention to other devs competing in the low 1000s of dowloads Smiley

I think we got it all wrong. It looks like ionomy does indeed produce one game a month, at least the quality and overall effort seem to be consistent with something that a part-time dev with no adult supervision could produce in a month. It's just that for some inexplicable reason they choose to release them once a year.

One has to wonder if they did any research at all before barrelling in to developing the games they have in the (overly optimistic) pipeline. If I can discover a startlingly similar game with the same title in mere seconds in an idle moment on the Play Store, surely they must have done the same? Whats more, the original 'To The Moon' doesn't appear to have been very appealing to people. Sure, the developers probably didn't have the might of the Ionomy spin and marketing machine behind them (/s), but I would hope that someone might have gone 'hang on a minute...' somewhere down the line here. Perhaps they're banking on the fact that their finely honed skill in developing addictive and attractive gameplay mechanics will differentiate their product from the other 'To The Moon', though I'd suggest they ought to consider the fact that 'Crypto Gravity' hasn't exactly had rave reviews if that's the plan.

Once again -- and I feel I say this more or less every time I post, so I apologise -- this just reeks of amateurism.
legendary
Thanks altheshort, I'm sure ionomy is paying close attention to other devs competing in the low 1000s of dowloads Smiley

I think we got it all wrong. It looks like ionomy does indeed produce one game a month, at least the quality and overall effort seem to be consistent with something that a part-time dev with no adult supervision could produce in a month. It's just that for some inexplicable reason they choose to release them once a year.
Perusing the Play Store and this smash hit (500-1000 downloads, 16 review, 3.9 star rating) from 2014 seems awfully familiar.

Now, where have I seen that title and premise before...

Looks like another blockbuster in the making to me.

Edit: for maximum cringe, there's also this gem in the iOS store. This one even has a leaderboard!

What is an ION?

ION is a Digital CryptoCurrency Bent on WORLD DOMINATION (in the game Gravity). But overall it allows you to offer goods and service to others and have them pay you with ion. Think of it as another type of Dollar bill in your wallet. Just your Wallet is digital and on your computer. The best part of ion is the fact that the more you keep in your wallet the more your wallet will generate. So gather them while you can. And lets take over the world!

This is laughable tosh, but I do find it interesting that there is a subtle attempt in there to marginalise the mobile gaming aspect -- which I thought was the entire point of the coin -- in favour of the usual altcoin goods, services and hoarding shtick. I'm not sure who wrote it, but attempting to downplay the mobile gaming aspect at this point is probably wise; Crypto Gravity clearly hasn't been anywhere near the success that they had first anticipated, and despite presumably continuing to gather download numbers, tellingly doesn't appear to be turning those downloads into growing numbers of regular players.

It's also interesting that there hasn't been a single update to Gravity since it's release, and while there's been rumblings about 'To The Moon' or whatever it's called going to alpha, in the usual Ionomy style it still seems some way off while the team chooses instead to push out extremely niche updates (hosted masternodes, the card system) that will only really appeal to those already involved and invested.
legendary
HODL
Shark is right in that shilling for ionomy ("spread the vision") is pretty much the only "asset" they got. If that doesn't achieve world domination then nothing will  Smiley

Haha, awesome, this is now my nightly go-to thread for a daily laugh at wildshill and this silly scamcoin that just seems to be the same forever... isn't GAME going to overtake it in the long run anyhow?! Cheesy

GAME will only over take ION if GAME is more hellbent on world domination😜
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Shark is right in that shilling for ionomy ("spread the vision") is pretty much the only "asset" they got. If that doesn't achieve world domination then nothing will  Smiley

Haha, awesome, this is now my nightly go-to thread for a daily laugh at wildshill and this silly scamcoin that just seems to be the same forever... isn't GAME going to overtake it in the long run anyhow?! Cheesy

legendary
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
What is an ION?

ION is a Digital CryptoCurrency Bent on WORLD DOMINATION (in the game Gravity). But overall it allows you to offer goods and service to others and have them pay you with ion. Think of it as another type of Dollar bill in your wallet. Just your Wallet is digital and on your computer. The best part of ion is the fact that the more you keep in your wallet the more your wallet will generate. So gather them while you can. And lets take over the world!

I'd have more respect for you if you used your own words to shill. Sadly you just cut and paste other people's words. So, what is the plan for Ionomy to achieve world domination? (Tough to type without laughing)

WildShill can't write his own words, because he is too busy playing all the monthly ionomy games. I think there should be 8 or 9 games out by now, right.
Jump to: