Author

Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today! - page 190. (Read 473123 times)

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583
I think 500 actual users is wildly optimistic, to be honest. The number of active slack participants hasn't really changed since the game was released, and the daily volume on bittrex is trending downwards if anything. Combined with the fact that the in game leaderboard currently seems to be less than 100 strong and I think all the signs point towards far fewer than 500 active community members.

On the subject of the leaderboard, I hadn't fully appreciated that one of the top ranked names seems to share the name of the official twitter account, and as you pointed out there seems to be a few very familiar names on there. To me that just reeks of stupidity. Pre-release testers and team insiders shouldn't be allowed to take part in the competition, it gives them an unfair advantage, and more than that it'll put actual players off. Poor show.

Wasn't that the plan all along? Make Paycoin bagholders whole? Grin

Edit: looks like they don't even care to keep an appearance of a legit operation... this happened after we discussed fake reviews a couple of days ago:

I may have "photoshopped" the reviews to fit them into one screenshot.

What's funny is that "Keira Thomas" has been playing this game since she was five!

I thought the game was only released a few weeks ago. I can't believe that a five year old gets their own phone and google account and can type in complete sentences like Keira does. Truly amazing😜😜

Suchmoon and Yourself are in some serious need of vitamin D.

The way you too bounce off each other wow your like the Heidi Montag & Soencer Pratt of this thread. Maybe I could pull some strings and get you both onto Big Brother as a couple..... would you be interested Huh
Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

So what's new, Sharkie? How "near" alpha the new game is? Soon? Imminent? Impotent?

I would expect to be testing "To The Moon" very soom!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL
Coming Ionomy Studios Games

Make sure the team has their fake reviewers all lined up for another 5 star reviewed game. Try to keep the 5 year olds from reviewing this time😜

Speaking of which, what is your opinion about the fake reviews? How do you feel about the team spending funds for fake reviews instead of using said funds for marketing? And you can't argue that the reviews aren't fake, Keira has been playing since she was 5 and the game only came out a few weeks ago. How is that possible? She was playing the game even before Ionomy was formed, crazy!
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

As if on cue, WildShark shows up with a screenshot to cover up unpleasant posts Smiley

So what's new, Sharkie? How "near" alpha the new game is? Soon? Imminent? Impotent?
Coming Ionomy Studios Games

legendary
HODL
I think 500 actual users is wildly optimistic, to be honest. The number of active slack participants hasn't really changed since the game was released, and the daily volume on bittrex is trending downwards if anything. Combined with the fact that the in game leaderboard currently seems to be less than 100 strong and I think all the signs point towards far fewer than 500 active community members.

On the subject of the leaderboard, I hadn't fully appreciated that one of the top ranked names seems to share the name of the official twitter account, and as you pointed out there seems to be a few very familiar names on there. To me that just reeks of stupidity. Pre-release testers and team insiders shouldn't be allowed to take part in the competition, it gives them an unfair advantage, and more than that it'll put actual players off. Poor show.

Edit: looks like they don't even care to keep an appearance of a legit operation... this happened after we discussed fake reviews a couple of days ago:

What's funny is that "Keira Thomas" has been playing this game since she was five!

I thought the game was only released a few weeks ago. I can't believe that a five year old gets their own phone and google account and can type in complete sentences like Keira does. Truly amazing😜😜
legendary

Edited 2020-11-29 to fix a broken image

Activity: 518
Weekly prizes and i have almost buy new android.
Activity: 214
Merit: 113

Win 500 IONs

The leaderboard is just a circle jerk of the Slack ionites. They're the only ones who play the game and love it, boring and errors around. There's nothing team ION can do to get the loyal mad or questioning them.

At least when you sell your ION, you probably know one of the 500 or so people that bought your coins.

legendary
HODL

A slight decrease in price with a couple of Dumps...
Starting to see the light and get rid of coins I see. Game isn't the smash hit all the fake reviews are calling it, eh?

Seems to be more buyers of ION then dumpers...

Probably you whales manipulating the price.
legendary
HODL

Win 500 IONs

The leaderboard is just a circle jerk of the Slack ionites. They're the only ones who play the game and love it, boring and errors around. There's nothing team ION can do to get the loyal mad or questioning them.

At least when you sell your ION, you probably know one of the 500 or so people that bought your coins.

Win 500 IONs

Starting to see the light and get rid of coins I see. Game isn't the smash hit all the fake reviews are calling it, eh?

Seems to be more buyers of ION then dumpers...
Activity: 214
Merit: 113

Two weeks later:

Shouldn't it have been 4k after two DAYS?

So, finally someone has said something publicly about how the game is performing. It's been pretty clear that they were short of their target download numbers for some time, but I didn't anticipate that they'd fallen this far short. I think their next move is going to be interesting -- do they continue to try and update Gravity, or move all their resources on to getting the next game to market as soon as possible? For what it's worth, I don't think any number of updates to Gravity will improve it as a gameplay experience; you can tart it up all you like, but in my opinion the concept is dull, unoriginal, and a bit clumsy. However, I'm also not confident that any game released by the team will be any better, particularly when they had so long to make this one compelling and haven't delivered. I kind of feel sad for them in a way, because if this was someone's hobby, releasing a game at all would be an impressive achievement. The difficulty comes when you're dressing up in the guise of a professional outfit and taking peoples money in to bankroll the project -- and I think it's correct that the final result of their endeavour is judged differently as a result.

I also find it fascinating that seemingly no one on the slack channel is really that bothered about how the game is doing now it's out. I would suggest that perhaps the conversation about measuring it's success or failure takes place in the uber-private whales channel, but given the level of discourse we see our friendly whales engage in on here, I have my doubts.

If I were a whale, I'd be getting slightly fidgety. I know the game has only been out two weeks, but if this had legs, people would be champing at the bit to get in on it having seen the game finally. And they're not.
legendary
HODL

legendary
HODL
O come on, a prediction is a hell of a lot different then a reality.  The comparison isn't a fair one.   Huh

Why is there such a huge gap between their predictions and their reality??
legendary
O come on, a prediction is a hell of a lot different then a reality.  The comparison isn't a fair one.   Huh

Ok, the comparison is there mostly for comedic effect but it stands to reason that both numbers came from the same place.

However it should be quite alarming that the "team" that's been working on this for a year and has a plan that consists of basically "trust us" has no idea how this whole mobile game thing works and can't do basic math, let alone have an objective look at their own product and recognize its flaws.

Despite all those illusions about billions of dollars, mobile gaming is a mature and a highly competitive market. Breakout hits rarely happen (certainly can't bet on it the way ionomists seem to inclined to do) and promoting even a great game takes a lot of money and effort, and I'm not talking about fake reviews. Unfortunately Gravity is far below average in pretty much any aspect so I don't know what kind of miracle it would need to succeed.
legendary
HODL

Two weeks later:

Reminds me of this other guy who claimed to have 10k-15k new customers each day and 100k total...

He claimed the company has 100,000 customers at present, with “10,000 to 15,000 new accounts per day.”

Well, there's fantasy and then there's reality...

Everything they put into written words, expect about 10% of that or less.
legendary

Two weeks later:

Reminds me of this other guy who claimed to have 10k-15k new customers each day and 100k total...

He claimed the company has 100,000 customers at present, with “10,000 to 15,000 new accounts per day.”
legendary
Somehow in the iOS App Store, all 5 star raving reviews. Never seen that with an app in the store. Planned or payed reviews perhaps? No mention of any of the bugs, just absolute praise. Very odd to say the least.

A ten level platform shooter being branded as he most innovative game ever. You can tell from the wording of the reviews that they are all from the hardcore ION supporters.

There are "marketing services" that do fake app reviews by the truckload, from fiverr gigs to "agencies" with glitzy websites.

It looks likely that ionomy employs such a service for iOS, given the disproportionate number of reviews (Android has a far larger market share but ~80 Gravity reviews vs 100+ on iTunes) and positivism (5 stars vs 4). Bunch of random names posting random nonsense with 5 stars don't look like real users.

On the Android side it's a bit different, I think it is more difficult to get a fake account (phone verification etc). Still I suspect some of the uber-enthusiastic generic reviews are not quite kosher.
Jump to: