Author

Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today! - page 395. (Read 473126 times)

Activity: 925
Merit: 100
I have heard about ION in which some members of the XPY team moved on from the XPY.io platform to make a new coin called ION within the Ionomy platform. Since then, I decided to participate in the ICO at $0.20 USD per ION coin. But now, I can see that prices are below the ICO rate (which means loss of investment) Am I missing something here? Is it because the ION team have not released a game yet, when they promised that at least one would show up? I would like to know about this, because I may have the feeling that this will be the same story as Paycoin.

Unless they convince me with something promising, I may look ION as another XPY  Sad

Game should be released mid/end june. Vid should be out this week. Prices will vary, not much to do about it. Sell for a few cents or hold and wait what itll bring
Activity: 925
[...]
Some basic rules:

1) Number of downloads will be rounded to the nearest hundred, so please post something along the lines of "I think the game will be downloaded 700 times". In case of a tie the earlier guess wins (by bitcointalk post order).
2) If the game doesn't get into Google Play by July 20 then "0" guess wins. Otherwise the nearest guess wins. If nobody participates I'll spend the money on booze so please save me from alcoholism.
3) I'm not responsible for issues preventing the winner from receiving or cashing out the bounty, including but not limited to the wallet being broken, XPY being utterly worthless etc.

1 Due to exchange rate fluctuations it might be worth as little as $0.

Suchmoon buying Paycoins, that's worth a guess :-) why not take end of june as a deadline? Mid-june to release it. End june in store.

My guess.

1) 5k 20 june and id june whatever
2) ill spent it on buying ion
3) lol
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I have heard about ION in which some members of the XPY team moved on from the XPY.io platform to make a new coin called ION within the Ionomy platform. Since then, I decided to participate in the ICO at $0.20 USD per ION coin. But now, I can see that prices are below the ICO rate (which means loss of investment) Am I missing something here? Is it because the ION team have not released a game yet, when they promised that at least one would show up? I would like to know about this, because I may have the feeling that this will be the same story as Paycoin.

Unless they convince me with something promising, I may look ION as another XPY  Sad
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Suchmoon I let go a long time ago. Some people here haven't though. These people like you are using every trick in the book to paint ION with the Paycoin brush.

As long as I can be arsed to post & as long as people keep telling lies or make unsubstantiated accusations I'll keep posting. These people know or don't care that stuff isn't true they just keep posting. These are the people that need Vaseline not me   Grin .

There is no painting needed when you have paycoiners repeating the same chants now improved with IONs and electrons. But by all means please keep popping up whenever Paycoin is mentioned - that will definitely make it look completely unrelated.

In completely unrelated news I'm offering a 1000 XPY bounty for the best guess of how many times the first ionomy game will be downloaded from the Google Play store by July 20. That's right, a $20k prize!!! 1

Some basic rules:

1) Number of downloads will be rounded to the nearest hundred, so please post something along the lines of "I think the game will be downloaded 700 times". In case of a tie the earlier guess wins (by bitcointalk post order).
2) If the game doesn't get into Google Play by July 20 then "0" guess wins. Otherwise the nearest guess wins. If nobody participates I'll spend the money on booze so please save me from alcoholism.
3) I'm not responsible for issues preventing the winner from receiving or cashing out the bounty, including but not limited to the wallet being broken, XPY being utterly worthless etc.

My guess is zero (0)  Grin
It will be downloadable most likely from the Ionomy page itself.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Suchmoon I let go a long time ago. Some people here haven't though. These people like you are using every trick in the book to paint ION with the Paycoin brush.

As long as I can be arsed to post & as long as people keep telling lies or make unsubstantiated accusations I'll keep posting. These people know or don't care that stuff isn't true they just keep posting. These are the people that need Vaseline not me   Grin .

There is no painting needed when you have paycoiners repeating the same chants now improved with IONs and electrons. But by all means please keep popping up whenever Paycoin is mentioned - that will definitely make it look completely unrelated.

In completely unrelated news I'm offering a 1000 XPY bounty for the best guess of how many times the first ionomy game will be downloaded from the Google Play store by July 20. That's right, a $20k prize!!! 1

Some basic rules:

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
Seriously how many times.......... this ain't no paycoin

Haven't you got anything better to do ??

You must have lost a shit load of money to be so butt sore

It would seem that you're the one "butt sore" about any mention of Paycoin. You gotta learn to let it go. There aren't that many coins created by paycoiners and the previous ones didn't turn out so well (Lendcoin, Bitstone) so you can't expect everyone to just forget that and sing along with the new band.

If you must know 70% of my portfolio is BTC. The other 30% is spread across other alt coins of which ION is a chunk. Today my biggest source of income is BTC day trading as the rewards are massive when you add leverage trades. ION is not a get rich quick coin... you want short term reward then forget everything and just day trade BTC, ION is a mid to long term investment. For me investing in ION is spreading my portfolio. I've already given reasons of why ION

There was this other guy who claimed that imaginary day trading was the secret sauce to his profits... what was his name... Hashking-something-or-other... anyway, if by "spreading my portfolio" you mean diversification and not some garden activity involving manure then good luck to you and to your assets stuck in the ridiculously illiquid centralized 100% premined coin created by the inmates of the paycoiner asylum. I think giving money to charity would be a better diversification strategy than this.

As long as I can be arsed to post & as long as people keep telling lies or make unsubstantiated accusations I'll keep posting. These people know or don't care that stuff isn't true they just keep posting. These are the people that need Vaseline not me   Grin .

The fact that Matlack's #1 qualification to develop a coin is that he lost money on paycoin and then tried to fix it ins't really an accusation as much as a statement of fact.

It would seem that you're the one "butt sore" about any mention of Paycoin. You gotta learn to let it go. There aren't that many coins created by paycoiners and the previous ones didn't turn out so well (Lendcoin, Bitstone) so you can't expect everyone to just forget that and sing along with the new band.

If you must know 70% of my portfolio is BTC. The other 30% is spread across other alt coins of which ION is a chunk. Today my biggest source of income is BTC day trading as the rewards are massive when you add leverage trades. ION is not a get rich quick coin... you want short term reward then forget everything and just day trade BTC, ION is a mid to long term investment. For me investing in ION is spreading my portfolio. I've already given reasons of why ION

There was this other guy who claimed that imaginary day trading was the secret sauce to his profits... what was his name... Hashking-something-or-other... anyway, if by "spreading my portfolio" you mean diversification and not some garden activity involving manure then good luck to you and to your assets stuck in the ridiculously illiquid centralized 100% premined coin created by the inmates of the paycoiner asylum. I think giving money to charity would be a better diversification strategy than this.

I'm assuming I'm one of these painters as well. I'm also a haxxor as well for posting blockchain tx's apparently, according to boki15  Grin
I would love to know what lies or paint have been said by SM or myself about ION or the people that we CAN see part of it?
Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

As long as I can be arsed to post & as long as people keep telling lies or make unsubstantiated accusations I'll keep posting. These people know or don't care that stuff isn't true they just keep posting. These are the people that need Vaseline not me   Grin .
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1009
dont forget transitcoin made by few paycoin scammers  Grin

yay possibly forking incoming that contradicts the whitepaper. this is the problem with these fully centralized coins. anything can change at will!  Cool

ps:
and a good place to run this kind of thing is... you guessed right: singapore
Singapore, like most jurisdictions, does not regulate virtual currencies per se, as these are not considered as securities or legal tender.  MAS’ regulation of virtual currency intermediaries pertains specifically to the money laundering and terrorist financing risks they pose.  It does not extend to the safety and soundness of virtual currency intermediaries nor the proper functioning of virtual currency transactions. Investors in virtual currencies will not have the safeguards that investors in securities enjoy under the Securities and Futures Act and the Financial Advisers Act.

Consumers and businesses may not be able to obtain a refund of their monies should virtual currency schemes or intermediaries cease to operate.  

What consumers should know…

Consumers should be cautious when dealing with VCs given the risks highlighted above. MAS’ targeted regulatory approach is to specifically address the money laundering and terrorist financing risks posed by VCs. Consumers and businesses should take note of the broader risks that dealing in VCs entails and should exercise the necessary caution.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

Not sure if you maybe missed the point of what he's getting at.

He's pointing out that the probable future of Ion is exactly the same as another crap coin which the current Ionomy team had a hand in working with, as well as numerous other crap coins that have been created by scammers, or people who reached beyond their capabilities.

haha based on what ? this person is one of those that under the banner of doing a public service is pushing his own little agenda.

Ionomy's first game is soon to be launched..... Is it gonna be any good............ that's gonna be subjective.

What's not subjective though is the group have spent time, money & effort on making it happen. If this were a scam then it would be the shittest scam on the planet when you consider all the effort you would need to invest to make your first million  Grin

Except, based on what I've read, they've not invested their money, they've invested other peoples.  And there's no way to be sure that that money has been spent wisely.

If I was a less scrupulous person I could claim to be creating something special, get everyone else ot pay for it, put out a half assed job, just so I can say "Look I did it" then walk away with the rest of the money.  It's all about being able to claim you've made a fair and reasonable effort.

Btw, what ever happened to the whole company registration thing?  is there even a company by the name Ionomy PTE registered in Singapore yet?

There's still no company registered in Singapore under Ionomy PTE. The company they are operating under is, I believe, currently called Graval PTE. I don't know whether they still intend to change it or not.

Correct. The GRAVAL PTE. LTD. (201006641K) is registered and in bad standing currently.
They can change it to whatever they want, doesn't mean its operating correctly.
We use to give Josh Garza and Carmelo Milan grief over the needed money exchange licencing needed to operate.

Singapore is the same.
http://www.mas.gov.sg/news-and-publications/media-releases/2014/mas-to-regulate-virtual-currency-intermediaries-for-money-laundering-and-terrorist-financing-risks.aspx
"Singapore, 13 March 2014 … The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said today that it will regulate virtual currency intermediaries in Singapore to address potential money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF) risks..."

http://www.mas.gov.sg/regulations-and-financial-stability/regulations-guidance-and-licensing/money-changing-and-remittance-businesses.aspx
"Money-changing involves the buying and selling of foreign currency notes and may be conducted under a sole proprietorship, partnership or company.  The money-changing licensees are expected to put in place an appropriate system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. They are required to keep complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for transaction amounts of S$5,000 and above.

The holder of a remittance licence has to be incorporated as a company with a minimum capital of S$100,000 and furnish a security deposit of S$100,000 in respect of its place of business. With the different remittance channels including banks, offering remittance services, customers are expected to exercise discretion in choosing their remittance channel for the transmission of funds overseas.  Besides putting in place an effective system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, the remittance licensees are required to maintain complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for every remittance transaction.

MAS supervises the money-changing and remittance licensees primarily for anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism purposes."

With the operating funds raised and the ION teams lack of information.
I'll assume they're not operating the company under the legal requirements.
Instead of waiting to here from the ION team or Adam about. I emailed MAS the inquiry since it states at the end of the page...

"If you have information to suspect that an individual or a company is conducting or advertising to conduct money-changing or remittance business without a valid money-changer’s or  remittance licence respectively, you can call (65)-6225-5577 or write to the Banking Department II of MAS at [email protected] or Monetary Authority of Singapore, MAS Building, 10 Shenton Way, Singapore 079117."

Grin

This is genuinely interesting information, thanks. I suspected there may be AML law that might apply to Ionomy; seems there is. Thanks again.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Correct. The GRAVAL PTE. LTD. (201006641K) is registered and in bad standing currently.
We use to give Josh Garza and Carmelo Milan grief over the needed money exchange licencing needed to operate.

Singapore is the same.
http://www.mas.gov.sg/news-and-publications/media-releases/2014/mas-to-regulate-virtual-currency-intermediaries-for-money-laundering-and-terrorist-financing-risks.aspx
"Singapore, 13 March 2014 … The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said today that it will regulate virtual currency intermediaries in Singapore to address potential money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF) risks..."

http://www.mas.gov.sg/regulations-and-financial-stability/regulations-guidance-and-licensing/money-changing-and-remittance-businesses.aspx
"Money-changing involves the buying and selling of foreign currency notes and may be conducted under a sole proprietorship, partnership or company.  The money-changing licensees are expected to put in place an appropriate system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. They are required to keep complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for transaction amounts of S$5,000 and above.

The holder of a remittance licence has to be incorporated as a company with a minimum capital of S$100,000 and furnish a security deposit of S$100,000 in respect of its place of business. With the different remittance channels including banks, offering remittance services, customers are expected to exercise discretion in choosing their remittance channel for the transmission of funds overseas.  Besides putting in place an effective system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, the remittance licensees are required to maintain complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for every remittance transaction.

MAS supervises the money-changing and remittance licensees primarily for anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism purposes."

Instead of waiting to here from the ION team or Adam about. I emailed MAS the inquiry since it states at the end of the page...

"If you have information to suspect that an individual or a company is conducting or advertising to conduct money-changing or remittance business without a valid money-changer’s or  remittance licence respectively, you can call (65)-6225-5577 or write to the Banking Department II of MAS at [email protected] or Monetary Authority of Singapore, MAS Building, 10 Shenton Way, Singapore 079117."

Grin

Stop fuddding! Ionomy is about to close deal with Apple, Google and Microsoft!! Soon their will one game per month! iPhoen, Andoid, Xbox and Coinstand!!!

Josh

He's pointing out that the probable future of Ion is exactly the same as another crap coin which the current Ionomy team had a hand in working with, as well as numerous other crap coins that have been created by scammers, or people who reached beyond their capabilities.

haha based on what ? this person is one of those that under the banner of doing a public service is pushing his own little agenda.

Ionomy's first game is soon to be launched..... Is it gonna be any good............ that's gonna be subjective.

What's not subjective though is the group have spent time, money & effort on making it happen. If this were a scam then it would be the shittest scam on the planet when you consider all the effort you would need to invest to make your first million  Grin

Except, based on what I've read, they've not invested their money, they've invested other peoples.  And there's no way to be sure that that money has been spent wisely.

If I was a less scrupulous person I could claim to be creating something special, get everyone else ot pay for it, put out a half assed job, just so I can say "Look I did it" then walk away with the rest of the money.  It's all about being able to claim you've made a fair and reasonable effort.

Btw, what ever happened to the whole company registration thing?  is there even a company by the name Ionomy PTE registered in Singapore yet?

There's still no company registered in Singapore under Ionomy PTE. The company they are operating under is, I believe, currently called Graval PTE. I don't know whether they still intend to change it or not.

Singapore is the same.

"Money-changing involves the buying and selling of foreign currency notes and may be conducted under a sole proprietorship, partnership or company.  The money-changing licensees are expected to put in place an appropriate system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing. They are required to keep complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for transaction amounts of S$5,000 and above.

The holder of a remittance licence has to be incorporated as a company with a minimum capital of S$100,000 and furnish a security deposit of S$100,000 in respect of its place of business. With the different remittance channels including banks, offering remittance services, customers are expected to exercise discretion in choosing their remittance channel for the transmission of funds overseas.  Besides putting in place an effective system, including the reporting of suspicious transactions, to help prevent money laundering and terrorist financing, the remittance licensees are required to maintain complete records of all their transactions and perform relevant customer due diligence measures for every remittance transaction.

"If you have information to suspect that an individual or a company is conducting or advertising to conduct money-changing or remittance business without a valid money-changer’s or  remittance licence respectively, you can call (65)-6225-5577 or write to the Banking Department II of MAS at [email protected] or Monetary Authority of Singapore, MAS Building, 10 Shenton Way, Singapore 079117."

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
@Phildo; those companies were about $$$ that would've actually been "worth" it ;-)

What does this mean?

This company isn't about money? they didn't accept money in the ICO? They don't get money selling stakers? They don't get money selling atoms? They didn't give themselves coins that they can turn into money at any point in time? They aren't staking coins themselves that can turn into money?
Activity: 214
Merit: 113

Nope, not a single cent. GAW, Hashlets and Paycoin were blatantly obvious scams and I would not have touched them with a 10 foot pole.
You however seem to be a former Paycoin fan who swapped his XPY for ION and therefore has an interest in talking the new shitcoin up for selling it to newbies later. Isn't that right, korvas128, or should I say Korvax?

I did lose out but the loss suffered was eventually compensated by the rise and fall in BTC.  Grin

Good for you though, the red flags were obvious maybe too obvious  Undecided

I should have done the same.  If they were a startup I wouldn't have touched them but GAW at that time seemed a profitable business with a good track record seemingly being a better option than others BFL, KNC, Cointeirra, etc.

You could call me Korvax but that's not me  Grin I could call you Josh Garza but ........

Activity: 223

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Nope, not a single cent. GAW, Hashlets and Paycoin were blatantly obvious scams and I would not have touched them with a 10 foot pole.
You however seem to be a former Paycoin fan who swapped his XPY for ION and therefore has an interest in talking the new shitcoin up for selling it to newbies later. Isn't that right, korvas128, or should I say Korvax?

Activity: 223

Jump to: