Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Iridium (IRD) - People are Power - Community build crypto - page 83. (Read 149779 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
The front-end of the mine77 pool is alive again (was stalled for 24 hours). Payouts have resumed as well. The pool itself was apparently running all the time, as previously suspected. Good thing is that hash power is now shared kind of 50/50 between mine77 and irdpool. I'd happily move some workers to the third pool (ird.uvac) as well once it allows fixed share diffculty setting. The other two pools have this feature, even though it is undocumented on their "getting started" pages.
Allow me to pick your brains a bit.
How exactly so you go about calculating the optimum fixed difficulty for your hash?
Thanks in advance.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Pending Balance: 0.00000000 IRD after 30 minutes mining  in ird.uvac.fr Huh

it's weird no ?

Nope its slower lower hash rate on the pool but once a block is found which is around every 2.5 - 3.5 hours the reward of 85IRD atm is split betwen the 6 miners there  Smiley Like I sad thats the most profitiable pool for me  Smiley
2 blocks found wait for them to get confirmed Smiley u will get ur ird then Tongue
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
I'm still mining this coin although new dev has took over this project. Now I wait it list on the exchange  Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
The front-end of the mine77 pool is alive again (was stalled for 24 hours). Payouts have resumed as well. The pool itself was apparently running all the time, as previously suspected. Good thing is that hash power is now shared kind of 50/50 between mine77 and irdpool. I'd happily move some workers to the third pool (ird.uvac) as well once it allows fixed share diffculty setting. The other two pools have this feature, even though it is undocumented on their "getting started" pages.
Where will your tokens trade?

And another bot account with mindless automated messages:

elsehalo
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/elsehalo-1264415

Need Spanish translation?
Need Chinese translation

Yeah, I am sure you can do Swahili as well. Brave new AI world coming!
Activity: 21
Project is really interesting and such amazing idea. It seems that blockchain will be used heavily.
Activity: 574
where is dev?

Dev i am sure will come soon don't forget just started the weekend , many people are with family! I got a problem to synchronize my wallet where could i get some extra node please?
Activity: 10
Where will your tokens trade?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Citius, altius, fortius
where is dev?
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
ok, can you point me to (cryptonote) pools running like this ?

I'm not aware of any doing it that way.

How will be the money, collected during the ICO be spent?

do we have an ICO?

Fake bot accounts created by mindless idiots, posting random short messages to "mature" them. The older and higher the rank, the higher the price tag later.

appletongs:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/appletongs-1266133

nuthatchbold:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/nuthatchbold-1268746

I guess ICO scammers buy them by the dozens to create replies, keeping their thread on the first page and make it look like everyone wants to buy their garbage tokens.

Not surprised Ive seen good projects get spammed from time to time to creat fud exactly from this kind of accounts smh .. Undecided

I'm not aware of any doing it that way.

do we have an ICO?

Fake bot accounts created by mindless idiots, posting random short messages to "mature" them. The older and higher the rank, the higher the price tag later.

appletongs:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/appletongs-1266133

nuthatchbold:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/nuthatchbold-1268746

I guess ICO scammers buy them by the dozens to create replies, keeping their thread on the first page and make it look like everyone wants to buy their garbage tokens.
Activity: 361
Merit: 11
Iridium (IRD) dev
Yes, the real pending balance, which is the balance which is not matured yet. What is now labeled as "pending balance" is in fact the pending payment, i.e. the matured balance which isn't paid out yet.

Pending balance --> Matured balance (or just balance) --> Paid balance

This is the logical sequence of events.

Indeed sometimes part of a pending balance does not mature when a block gets orphaned. This is not a problem and it happens very rarely.

Most confusion and questions (like the one a few posts above) on these threads arise from the problem described above, from the not shown pending balance. Other types of pools like MPOS do show the pending=unmatured balance immediately after a block was found. They however do check right away if a block was orphaned. The cryptonote pool checks only when each particular block is supposed to mature, in this case 20 blocks later. Anyway, orphaned blocks are no problem at all as the pending balance simply would get updated or by not having their rewards mature once they are identified (no matter when).

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

do we have an ICO?
Activity: 47
what will happen if soft cap is not reached?
there can't be gain until a block is found. so balance stay at 0.
Do you mean the pool should show the "pending" rewards in miners balance ?
but what if a block is orphaned after maturity ?

Yes, the real pending balance, which is the balance which is not matured yet. What is now labeled as "pending balance" is in fact the pending payment, i.e. the matured balance which isn't paid out yet.

Pending balance --> Matured balance (or just balance) --> Paid balance

This is the logical sequence of events.

Indeed sometimes part of a pending balance does not mature when a block gets orphaned. This is not a problem and it happens very rarely.

Most confusion and questions (like the one a few posts above) on these threads arise from the problem described above, from the not shown pending balance. Other types of pools like MPOS do show the pending=unmatured balance immediately after a block was found. They however do check right away if a block was orphaned. The cryptonote pool checks only when each particular block is supposed to mature, in this case 20 blocks later. Anyway, orphaned blocks are no problem at all as the pending balance simply would get updated or by not having their rewards mature once they are identified (no matter when).

Iridium (IRD) dev
- one block is found : block reward is pending...

Admittedly this type of cryptonote pool is confusing for someone who hasn't used it previously, because it does not display the pending earnings. Hence new people are not sure if their workers work properly or just heating the room.
It's a mystery why something as simple as displaying the pending balance wasn't added. But then it is also a mystery why the luck over 24h, one week, one month and total isn't shown. Well, I can think of a reason but that isn't a legit one... (not referring to your pool but these nontransparent cryptonote pools in general and I have certainly seen some pools with other such coins where the overall miserable "luck" of the pool clearly indicates ghost workers and earnings syphoning at play).

there can't be gain until a block is found. so balance stay at 0.
Do you mean the pool should show the "pending" rewards in miners balance ?
but what if a block is orphaned after maturity ?

for the overall luck and transparencies : You're right.
As I have nothing to hide, I will implement this sort of stats.

by the way : here is the pool stats :

Code:
Total Paid : 16518.72000000
Total Mined : 16622.38056955
Profit (before tx fees) : 44.77929970
Average Luck : -7%
Orphan Percent : 0.52
Registered Addresses :26

Admittedly this type of cryptonote pool is confusing for someone who hasn't used it previously, because it does not display the pending earnings. Hence new people are not sure if their workers work properly or just heating the room.
It's a mystery why something as simple as displaying the pending balance wasn't added. But then it is also a mystery why the luck over 24h, one week, one month and total isn't shown. Well, I can think of a reason but that isn't a legit one... (not referring to your pool but these nontransparent cryptonote pools in general and I have certainly seen some pools with other such coins where the overall miserable "luck" of the pool clearly indicates ghost workers and earnings syphoning at play).

EDIT: What is called and shown as "pending balance" by this type of pool is actually the pending payment. The pending balance, i.e. the not matured balance is not shown.
Iridium (IRD) dev
Pending Balance: 0.00000000 IRD after 30 minutes mining  in ird.uvac.fr Huh
it's weird no ?
No, it isn't. That pools hasn't found a block since more than half an hour, so there is nothing to be paid out to begin with. And anyway the maturity period is 20 blocks, i.e. around 1h when blocks come in at nominal rate.

Yes, I should write something about how the pool works on the frontend...

Here is the principe in order :

- miners spread hash power
- 20 confirmations later, the reward is confirmed (This is the maturity on the pool blocks page).
- balances are updated between miners proportionally to their number of shares
- the paiements are send if miner balance is over 10IRD

so manna, your balance will be updated soon :-)

Many people say that you can not earn a solo. It is better to join forces!

That's contrary to the entire concept of a decentralized ledger, i.e. blockchain.

One pool having 90%+ of the network means total centralization and the consensus at the mercy of one pool operator.
It would be good if hashrate was spread over all three pools. But for this all pools must perform equally well and offer similar basic features.
When I clone my config file used for mine77 to the other pools, then switch some workers and can't connect because the other pool doesn't support a vital feature, that's bad. Happy to hear that the uvac pool is working on it though!
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
Zichain
Many people say that you can not earn a solo. It is better to join forces!
Pages:
Jump to: