Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Joinmarket - Coinjoin that people will actually use - page 2. (Read 84864 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
"Joinmarket - Coinjoin that people will actually use"

It's been 2,5 years since this topic was started and my only question is simple: haven't you yet understood that people will NOT actually use something that doesn't have friendly UI?

I like this whole project and idea behind it, however being someone without basic coding background I find this thing quite challenging to deal with Sad
RTFM
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
"Joinmarket - Coinjoin that people will actually use"

It's been 2,5 years since this topic was started and my only question is simple: haven't you yet understood that people will NOT actually use something that doesn't have friendly UI?

I like this whole project and idea behind it, however being someone without basic coding background I find this thing quite challenging to deal with Sad
Activity: 197
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1792
Joinmarket developers, your software has been around for a couple of years. The documentation still sucks. So does the user interface, if you can call it one.

Have you considered doing some usability studies? Nothing fancy, just grab three or four friends/relatives/neighbors, ask them to install and use joinmarket with NO HELP FROM YOU while you quietly and patiently watch.

Then act on what you observe.

If you don't want to do the above, then would you please change the title of this thread? Make it "Coinjoin that hardly anybody will actually use".

I do know that when blockchain.info offered a similar service that I liked it, but apparently there was a security vulnerability that forced them to stop offering the service.  The main thing that I liked about the service was that it easy to use.  I have visited this thread many times and have NOT found anything that looks like ease-of-use would be coming along soon.

Different technologies and methods of obscuring Bitcoin trails are a great idea.  But it looks like Bitmixer.io is the leader in this "space", and the CoinJoin community does not seem to be coalescing around an easy-to-use service.

(they do call me an impatient sort)
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Spam on Joinmarket IRC Chat?

I am getting the following interesting messages.
"Hello my name is Agneta boman and i live in Sweden Solna Please send hitman or drugs to my apartment i have 2 suicidal parrots. please i am suicidal aswell Love and kindness Boman(sd)"

Tongue Tongue Tongue
Activity: 235
Merit: 250
Joinmarket developers, your software has been around for a couple of years. The documentation still sucks. So does the user interface, if you can call it one.

Have you considered doing some usability studies? Nothing fancy, just grab three or four friends/relatives/neighbors, ask them to install and use joinmarket with NO HELP FROM YOU while you quietly and patiently watch.

If you don't want to do the above, then would you please change the title of this thread? Make it "Coinjoin that hardly anybody will actually use".

Im sure a future team that forks it will have this in mind.  Just because you build it, they wont necessarily come. But some people still believe that is nall it takes.
Activity: 11

legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Are high transaction fees killing joinmarket volumes? Volumes seem to have dried up, at least in my experience.

Do we as a community have a preference for Bitcoin Core vs Bitcoin Unlimited? I know that it is a divisive topic, but can we configure Joinmarket to work with Bitcoin Unlimited as well?

If we can discuss "as well", the preference does not matter. What matters I think, there is a demand of both Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited.

So, if it is possible, Joinmarket should provide configuration for both. Do you agree?

Detailed discussion on the same in reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/joinmarket/comments/601qk2/is_it_safe_to_run_joinmarket_during_hard_forks/
If you are focussing only on one chain and don't care about the other chain, then you can just do nothing and continue running Joinmarket.  Smiley
Activity: 1204
Merit: 531
Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons
Are high transaction fees killing joinmarket volumes? Volumes seem to have dried up, at least in my experience.

Do we as a community have a preference for Bitcoin Core vs Bitcoin Unlimited? I know that it is a divisive topic, but can we configure Joinmarket to work with Bitcoin Unlimited as well?

If we can discuss "as well", the preference does not matter. What matters I think, there is a demand of both Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited.

So, if it is possible, Joinmarket should provide configuration for both. Do you agree?
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★

legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Hi,

I recently sent out a transaction and the final balance in my wallet is reflected properly when I use blocr.io as the blockchain source.
However, when I use bitcoin core, the change output of that particular transaction is not visible. I have run bitcoin-qt -rescan a couple of times, but the issue still persists. What is the way out of this?

Edit: Sorted out. The balance got updated once another transaction was done.
Activity: 261
Merit: 518
Is there anyway to get an idea of Joinmarket volumes (In terms of number of transactions or BTC)?
I think that transactions have dried up, due to higher transaction fees or other reasons. But I want to be sure about that...

Adlai has a project which searches for joinmarket transactions

https://github.com/adlai/cjhunt

If true, another thing that doesn't help regarding miner fees is that the incentives in joinmarket for miner fees are all screwed up, right now the taker essentially pays for everything.
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Is there anyway to get an idea of Joinmarket volumes (In terms of number of transactions or BTC)?
I think that transactions have dried up, due to higher transaction fees or other reasons. But I want to be sure about that...
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
jjacob those sites are just frontends for the ob-watcher.py script in the main joinmarket repository. If you run it on your own computer you will observe the offers for yourself. However out of those two it looks like joinmarket.io hasn't been updated for a long time because it doesn't have the unit selection dropdown menu.

Thanks. I ran the ob-watcher.py script. Its output is totally different from the 2 websites I mentioned.  Grin
Guess I will rely on that to get an idea of the outstanding orders.
Activity: 469
Merit: 253
Well, that's confusing Smiley

First, I didn't even know joinmarket.io was still operating Smiley

Second, I recently removed the #agora pit from the ob at joinmarket.me because of spammers, see the recent reddit thread.

Third, there are some problems with getting the ob readings to be reliable. I don't have time to debug/check it (my sense is that there is a bug, but not 100% sure), it's not really interesting, partly because of what belcher mentions above (which both he and I religiously repeat every time this topic comes up!).
Activity: 261
Merit: 518
jjacob those sites are just frontends for the ob-watcher.py script in the main joinmarket repository. If you run it on your own computer you will observe the offers for yourself. However out of those two it looks like joinmarket.io hasn't been updated for a long time because it doesn't have the unit selection dropdown menu.
Pages:
Jump to: