Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Joinmarket - Coinjoin that people will actually use - page 3. (Read 84864 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Where can I get the best idea of the size of the outstanding orders?
I see 2 sites
http://joinmarket.io/
https://joinmarket.me/ob/

The number of orders on both sites seem to be very different
joinmarket.io/     - 886 orders found by 132 counterparties
joinmarket.me/ob/    - 94 orders found by 75 counterparties

Which is the right figure?
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Yes, it is, but multiple orders *over the same amount range* are redundant. The taker code simply drops all but one of them, so in this case, the maker gets no advantage from it. It is irritating, because it spams up the message channel, but apart from that, it's not harmful.

Thanks for the clarification. I have seen a drop in number of coinjoin transactions entered into by my maker bot. I just wanted to make sure that is not due to these multiple orders and that they have no advantage over others.
Activity: 469
Merit: 253
Joinmarket.io gives a list of multiple orders by a single counterparty. Is it possible for a single client to have multiple outstanding orders for joining joinmarket transactions?

Type Counterparty  Order ID     Fee     Miner Fee Cont     Minimum Size      Maximum Size
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     107     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     108     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     109     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     110     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     111     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     112     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119

Yes, it is, but multiple orders *over the same amount range* are redundant. The taker code simply drops all but one of them, so in this case, the maker gets no advantage from it. It is irritating, because it spams up the message channel, but apart from that, it's not harmful.
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Joinmarket.io gives a list of multiple orders by a single counterparty. Is it possible for a single client to have multiple outstanding orders for joining joinmarket transactions?

Type Counterparty  Order ID     Fee     Miner Fee Cont     Minimum Size      Maximum Size
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     107     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     108     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     109     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     110     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     111     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
Absolute Fee     J5BxFA6Lk9v5ekMk     112     0.00000998     0.00000000     0.00089148     0.95114119
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Is Broken Pipe error common while running Joinmarket?

Code:
error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

I get it a lot, but it doesn't seem to have any impact on the actual functioning of the program.
legendary
Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014
Thank you for explaining this. But I can't understand that:

As coinjoins are done, coins move from one mixing depth to the next higher one. Therefore, assuming you add coins at mixing depth 0, outputs at depth 4 will have gone through 4 coinjoins.
When I sending my coins ,I just specify : mixing depth (where from my coins will be sent from) , my electrum bitcoin address (where bitcoins will be sent to). How will bitcoins migrate from lower mixing depth to higher ?
Maybe I must to made 4 sendcoin operations, every time using bitcoin addres from my coin join wallet 1 level higher mixing depth to reach 4th level ?

P.S. thx for Vagrant , it is rather difficult to install JM first time.
I should clarify lower vs higher. I was saying lower = 0 and higher = toward 4-5.

Your coins migrate mixing depths if you use the tumbler script or a yield generator. I'm not sure if there are others, maybe sendpayment or patientsendpayment does the same. Effectively every coinjoin adds a mixing depth so depending on whether your send includes doing a coinjoin on the way, it may increase the overall mixing depth.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Can smb to explain what the mixing depth is?
I'm trying to understand all features of joinmarket. But I can't find out nothing about mixing depth in wiki .
I'm understand, that there are wallets each in own mixing depth. I'm sending coins from mix depth 0 - 4, but I can't see no difference between. Is it only used only for wallet organizing?
Is any security difference between sending coins from mix depth 0 and mix depth 4 ?
My understanding is that mixing depths represent distinct identities within the software. As coinjoins are done, coins move from one mixing depth to the next higher one. Therefore, assuming you add coins at mixing depth 0, outputs at depth 4 will have gone through 4 coinjoins. This is harder to correlate than coins at mixing depth 3 or 2 or 1. One thing you should never do, and I think the wiki talks about this is to send coins from different depths to the same external wallet as that may allow some blockchain analysis to put together your different depths. Hope that helps.
Thank you for explaining this. But I can't understand that:

As coinjoins are done, coins move from one mixing depth to the next higher one. Therefore, assuming you add coins at mixing depth 0, outputs at depth 4 will have gone through 4 coinjoins.
When I sending my coins ,I just specify : mixing depth (where from my coins will be sent from) , my electrum bitcoin address (where bitcoins will be sent to). How will bitcoins migrate from lower mixing depth to higher ?
Maybe I must to made 4 sendcoin operations, every time using bitcoin addres from my coin join wallet 1 level higher mixing depth to reach 4th level ?

P.S. thx for Vagrant , it is rather difficult to install JM first time.
legendary
Development and testing on many bitcoin-related software packages takes some considerable setup. To try and simplify this and help new developers and testers come up to speed more easily, I've created the Vagrant-based setup below. Vagrant is a toolkit for bringing up and configuring virtual machines and can connect to AWS or a local VirtualBox install among others to create the VM.

The project, called devsetup, was designed to help me test Rein but as I'm getting into JoinMarket I added it to the setup process as well. If you've never developed any Bitcoin-related software or JoinMarket, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

The setup is basically to install VirtualBox (https://virtualbox.org) , Vagrant (https://vagrantup.com), then clone this repo with:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/ReinProject/devsetup.git

and finally start up the box with
Code:
vagrant up

The first time it runs, it'll download the Ubuntu 16.04 image this box is based on. When you're done you can
Code:
vagrant destroy
and subsequent
Code:
vangrant up
commands will be able to use that existing image. Provisioning takes about 5-10 minutes which is on par with the regtest of JM once it's running.
legendary
I'm trying to understand all features of joinmarket. But I can't find out nothing about mixing depth in wiki .
I'm understand, that there are wallets each in own mixing depth. I'm sending coins from mix depth 0 - 4, but I can't see no difference between. Is it only used only for wallet organizing?
Is any security difference between sending coins from mix depth 0 and mix depth 4 ?
My understanding is that mixing depths represent distinct identities within the software. As coinjoins are done, coins move from one mixing depth to the next higher one. Therefore, assuming you add coins at mixing depth 0, outputs at depth 4 will have gone through 4 coinjoins. This is harder to correlate than coins at mixing depth 3 or 2 or 1. One thing you should never do, and I think the wiki talks about this is to send coins from different depths to the same external wallet as that may allow some blockchain analysis to put together your different depths. Hope that helps.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Activity: 249
Merit: 12
Join us at slack https://bitcoin-talkers.slack.com
i did indeed pay 15% in fees.
Would the fee be the same larger amounts like $100 plus?
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Has anything changed in the past week or so? Joinmarket was working normally previously, but I get the following error now when I use the wallet-tool

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "wallet-tool.py", line 121, in
    sync_wallet(wallet, fast=options.fastsync)
  File "*/Joinmarket/joinmarket-0.2.2/joinmarket/blockchaininterface.py", line 79, in sync_wallet
    jm_single().bc_interface.sync_wallet(wallet)
  File "*/Joinmarket/joinmarket-0.2.2/joinmarket/blockchaininterface.py", line 88, in sync_wallet
    self.sync_addresses(wallet)
  File "*/Joinmarket/joinmarket-0.2.2/joinmarket/blockchaininterface.py", line 168, in sync_addresses
    data = btc.make_request_blockr(blockr_url + ','.join(addrs))['data']
  File "*/Joinmarket/joinmarket-0.2.2/bitcoin/bci.py", line 41, in make_request_blockr
    data = json.loads(make_request(*args))
  File "*/Joinmarket/joinmarket-0.2.2/bitcoin/bci.py", line 36, in make_request
    raise Exception(p)
Exception:

I run Joinmarket on Ubuntu 16.04

blockr.io's certificate expired a couple of days back (on the 21st). Unfortunately they don't appear to have renewed it yet. You can verify by trying to visit https://btc.blockr.io.

Blockr.io's certificate seems to be back now.
So we can run the wallet-tool in the usual way now.
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
blockr.io's certificate expired a couple of days back (on the 21st). Unfortunately they don't appear to have renewed it yet. You can verify by trying to visit https://btc.blockr.io.

Thanks! I run the tool with the option PYTHONHTTPSVERIFY=0
No harm in that, right?
Activity: 469
Merit: 253
Has anything changed in the past week or so? Joinmarket was working normally previously, but I get the following error now when I use the wallet-tool

Code:
  File "*/Joinmarket/joinmarket-0.2.2/joinmarket/blockchaininterface.py", line 79, in sync_wallet
  File "*/Joinmarket/joinmarket-0.2.2/joinmarket/blockchaininterface.py", line 88, in sync_wallet
  File "*/Joinmarket/joinmarket-0.2.2/joinmarket/blockchaininterface.py", line 168, in sync_addresses
  File "*/Joinmarket/joinmarket-0.2.2/bitcoin/bci.py", line 41, in make_request_blockr
    raise Exception(p)
Exception:

legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★

Code:
    raise Exception(p)
Exception:

Activity: 261
Merit: 518
The joinmarket repository contains two simple yield-generator algorithms, yield-generator-basic.py and yg-pe.py (or privacy-enhancing)

There's also the custom scripts repository which contains other https://github.com/JoinMarket-Org/custom-scripts

Running multiple times on the same wallet is not supported.
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
only one type of price order can exist per instance?

can you run it multiple times with same wallet?
Activity: 261
Merit: 518
Zcash is a scam (as are most altcoins) so probably not by much. It's not the first anonymous altcoin hype we've seen come and go.
Pages:
Jump to: