Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] KASPA (KAS) - CPU PoW - ghostDAG - page 12. (Read 8705 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 1
November 30, 2021, 04:00:54 PM
The network has just started and the size of the folder with blocks is already 2.64 GB.
This is a lot.
Will there be any work to optimize the size of stored blocks?

Hi, I am from the Kaspa research team.

All and all we store three components: full header data above the pruning block, the UTXO set of the pruning block, and a proof of correctness for the UTXO set.

We have a fancy pruning mechanism (cf. https://research.kas.pa/t/some-of-the-intuition-behind-the-design-of-the-invalidation-rules-for-pruning/95) that allows us to remove old block data. At full capacity the size of a block payload is bound by 100kB and the size of a block header is bound by (100 +32*log_2(past size))B. In the distant future where we have a trillion blocks in the network (this will take about 30 thousand years of one block per second) we will have that log_2(past size) = 40, so let us assume that log_2(past size) <= 40. This means that the header size is bound by (100+32*40)B which is just below 1.5kB. For simplicity assume for now that he entire block size is 100kB. We store three days worth of full block data which, at a rate of one block/second, accumulates to about 26GB (note that this bound assumes that all blocks are at maximum capacity, no assumptions on average number of txns per block).

The UTXO correctness proof (cf. https://github.com/kaspanet/research/issues/3) requires that we keep additional log_2(number of blocks in the network) headers (not full blocks). Using again the assumption log_2(past size) <= 40  this adds about 60kB of data, which is completely negligible. Currently we store all block headers, as it requires some care to remove them without accidentally removing headers required for the proof and our dev team hasn't got around to this yet, this is a completely technical issue which will be resolved in the near future. (There is another detail I swept under the rug, which is that we also have to store the headers of all pruning blocks. This means one header per day. While this technically grows at a rate O(n*logn) the constant is ridiculously small: it is bound by 1.5kB/day, which are about 570kB a year).

The only thing that grows linearly is the pruning block UTXO set itself. It currently requires a field of a fixed size for every unspent output in the network. It is hard to predict how fast this set grows as this heavily depends on user behavior. We will resolve this in the future by means of cryptographic accumulators (cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accumulator_(cryptography)). An accumulator is a way to represent a large set succinctly such that it is impossible to recover the set itself (due to information theoretic compression bounds), but it is possible to verify that an element is in the set given a proof. This means that every user will only need to store the (proofs of) their own unspent outputs, and the nodes will only have to verify this proof against the accumulator, which is much smaller than the actual number of unspent outputs. The sizes of the accumulator and the proofs depends on the exact solution we will choose.

Holding back from making announcements or keeping info back - like the telegram bot which gives network hashrate, didn't sit right with me and the coin is no longer restricted to a few people on discord.

I feel that I should clarify: the bot in question was written by a community member which is not a member of the core team and who does not want to share their code, and I am sure they have their reasons. This has nothing to do with Kaspa. All the bot does is to issue a couple of commands to our (completely open source and publicly available) node and print the result to a Telegram channel. Seems a bit unfair to me to conclude from this that the core team is holding back on anything.

We strongly believe in openness, which is why we made the network publicly available and invited the community to get involved as soon as possible, and in particular, without any premining whatsoever.

The reason we wanted to delay the announcement is because we wanted the coin to be more well tested, and the ecosphere more well developed, before using our one chance to garner attention off the BCT board. But since this is a community coin, we can't (and don't want to) prevent anyone from making announcements. Anyway, now that the cat is out of the bag feel free to ask me anything.
Activity: 245
Merit: 13
November 30, 2021, 01:54:05 PM

The network has just started and the size of the folder with blocks is already 2.64 GB.
This is a lot.

They have a concept in place, it will be explained here shortly

https://eprint.iacr.org/2021/623.pdf
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist
November 30, 2021, 01:34:52 AM
kaspa-miner.exe -t 10 --mining-address kaspa: qrug9kefug0tj62k789kv067dw8fh6e50f0vsacmuwnznxz9ratc62hxlzr46

how do i configure Huh Huh
Download the miner from here -  https://github.com/elichai/kaspa-miner/releases
Here's an example of a bat file:
Code:
kaspa-miner-v0.1.3-win64-amd64 --mining-address your address --threads 10
pause

This is a lot.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 30, 2021, 01:05:50 AM
kaspa-miner.exe -t 10 --mining-address kaspa: qrug9kefug0tj62k789kv067dw8fh6e50f0vsacmuwnznxz9ratc62hxlzr46

Kaspa's discord server is quite active. If you ask mining related questions or tutorials there, you will get a reply faster!
Activity: 3
November 29, 2021, 09:02:38 PM

kaspa-miner.exe -t 10 --mining-address kaspa:qrug9kefug0tj62k789kv067dw8fh6e50f0vsacmuwnznxz9ratc62hxlzr46

Get rid of the space between kaspa: and the rest of the address
Activity: 138
November 29, 2021, 04:47:19 PM

Activity: 3
November 28, 2021, 09:32:15 PM
Need more CPU miners, come on over and get in on this coin!
Activity: 35
November 27, 2021, 10:32:23 AM
-

Their discord server is very active. If you want to get a quick answer, you need to join their discord server link

The computing power of the whole network has exceeded 12G/s, incredible!
It's only a few days

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Activity: 1
November 27, 2021, 08:04:27 AM
Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul
November 27, 2021, 07:44:37 AM
This project has been in development for a long time; the total amount has not been worked out, indicating that there is no long-term plan. . . Do whatever you want

Yeah, i agree to a point and merely wanted to make sure that EVERYONE gets a fair and equal start on Kaspa. I will monitor and update this thread accordingly.
Holding back from making announcements or keeping info back - like the telegram bot which gives network hashrate, didn't sit right with me and the coin is no longer restricted to a few people on discord.

decentralise.

Activity: 211
Merit: 2
November 27, 2021, 07:04:41 AM
This project has been in development for a long time; the total amount has not been worked out, indicating that there is no long-term plan. . . Do whatever you want
raskul
November 26, 2021, 07:52:50 PM
the aims are all written in the OP.  Thus is such the purpose of an ANN. I suggest you take time to read the technical paper, to familiarise yourself with the architecture.

Is this project standalone or a fork from another project?
Who is behind the development?
What is the mining algorithm?

Standalone, created from scratch
You can see developers ID in the technical paper
algo is a variation of heavyhash

What is the total amount after the mainnet launch?

The monetary policy is being drawn up. Expect full details within a couple of weeks.

What exactly is your aim for this project. We have thousands of alts already, what niche do you expect to excel? It is hard to gain loyal supporters because there are much solid projects out there. What do you think will give you edge to attract the interest of some users?
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
November 26, 2021, 07:47:53 PM

The monetary policy is being drawn up. Expect full details within a couple of weeks.

What exactly is your aim for this project. We have thousands of alts already, what niche do you expect to excel? It is hard to gain loyal supporters because there are much solid projects out there. What do you think will give you edge to attract the interest of some users?
raskul
November 26, 2021, 04:45:40 PM
[2021-11-26T20:34:54Z INFO  kaspa_miner::miner] launching: 128 miners
[2021-11-26T20:34:54Z INFO  kaspa_miner::client] Kaspad version: 0.11.6
Error: "Could not decode address: decoded address is of unknown format: string not all lowercase or all uppercase"

make sure you include the
Code:
kaspa:
part before the actual address

Quick and easy guide to CPU solo mine Kaspa on a linux-based computer.

Firstly, let's do some housework, in prep for the screens you will need. In this guide we will use both pm2 and screen -dmS commands.

Code:
sudo apt install npm

Code:
npm install pm2 -g

Code:
wget https://github.com/kaspanet/kaspad/releases/download/v0.11.6/kaspad-v0.11.6-linux.zip

Code:
unzip kaspad-v0.11.6-linux.zip

Code:
rm -rf kaspad-v0.11.6-linux.zip

Code:
cd bin/

Code:
pm2 start ./kaspad -- utxoindex

let it synchronise (shouldn't take too long at this point) you can watch it run by typing the command;

Code:
pm2 logs 0

and Cntrl-C to close the pm2 (it will continue in the background)

When the node is fully synchronised you will see BLOCK ACCEPTED outputs.

Get the miner:

Code:
wget https://github.com/elichai/kaspa-miner/releases/download/v0.1.3/kaspa-miner-v0.1.3-linux-amd64

make the miner executable

Code:
chmod +x kaspa-miner-v0.1.3-linux-amd64

run the miner in screen -dmS

Code:
screen -dmS kaspaminer ./kaspa-miner-v0.1.3-linux-amd64 --mining-address kaspa:qpyn6a3gudav4jzt0gway6tndj3tyw0uazehet5g0fvutmmnktg0zz2klk4dt

*NOTE* the above is MY address, if you mine to it, I thank you for your donation. Please amend the string with your own KASPA address.

You can have a look in on the processes by;

1. look in on the node - to make sure it's synchronised and working OK:

Code:
pm2 logs 0

1a. and close it using Cntrl-C

2. look in on your miner - to see if it is finding blocks:

Code:
screen -r

2a. and detach the screen using Cntrl-A, then pressing (the letter on your keyboard) d.

Activity: 43
November 26, 2021, 04:35:19 PM
[2021-11-26T20:34:54Z INFO  kaspa_miner::miner] launching: 128 miners
[2021-11-26T20:34:54Z INFO  kaspa_miner::client] Kaspad version: 0.11.6
Error: "Could not decode address: decoded address is of unknown format: string not all lowercase or all uppercase"
Activity: 245
Merit: 13
November 26, 2021, 02:20:42 PM
Very INteresting . . started some hash on it yesterday . .

Wen u see literal geniuses coming up with some BRAND NEW shit, its best to pay attention AND spec-mine the shit out of it!!!

https://eprint.iacr.org/2018/104.pdf

raskul
November 26, 2021, 02:19:28 PM

Activity: 211
Merit: 2
November 26, 2021, 02:15:49 PM

raskul
November 26, 2021, 01:47:15 PM

The academics who designed the architecture are listed in the technical paper (although not development team - who seem to be a few anons in discord)
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist
November 26, 2021, 01:32:29 PM
Pages:
Jump to: