Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] KASPA (KAS) - CPU PoW - ghostDAG - page 9. (Read 8584 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 1
January 08, 2022, 07:39:15 PM
Haha, Wow I'm sorry I didn't realize i was talking to a legendary piece of shit! You are a true shit poster and I bow down before your porcelain throne. Why don't you enlighten all us noob's with your turd ass and lay down some good reasons why this project's tech is terrible, was premined, and a scam? I'm sure they are there, I believe in you!!! You are more than the sum of the generic copy paste troll comments you leave.

I'll level with you, obviously I'm interested in the project as a potential investor and I'd love to hear your negative reasons for not "digging" it. If I had to assume I would say, you are either a simple troll, or apart of a competing agenda, but who knows? Maybe I'm being too pessimistic. Maybe, just maybe you really have everyones best interest at heart (which is so kind of you). SO PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU! YOU FECAL SOAKED LEGEND, PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME AND GIVE ME THE KNOWLEDGE TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION BEFORE I MAKE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE INVESTING IN KASPA! Just do me and others the simple privilege of at least posting a complete thought or forming a complete argument when you lay down your profound blah, blah.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
January 08, 2022, 06:34:59 PM
This is the type of shitcoin that won't make you folks any money.

Just scam artist with claims of "tech" LOL

Tech tech..premine..tech. Then Dump! LOL

As a casual observer not affiliated with the project in anyway I have to say that Kaspa is one of the most promising projects I've come across in my 5 years of exploring crypto. There is a sea of crap out there so it's refreshing to find a project that offers not only unique tech but also strives to uphold the OG philosophical roots of crypto, keeping things as decentralized as possible. I came across the work of daglabs from a coindesk article written in 2018 and was intrigued enough to follow their research and development  to the eventual launching of Kaspa. If it's a con it's a really, really, really, long con... "Kaspa is a community project, completely open source, no central governance, no biz model. The mainnet was openly launched without premining or any other preallocation of coins." There was no premine if you did even a little research you would find that the devs try to keep everything as transparent as possible with the community. Will it make folks money? No one can know that for sure but so far things are looking great IMO.

heard and seen it all

now this is the killer quote..

Will it make folks money? No one can know that for sure

you have to have coins to dump on unsuspecting newbs to make money that's how you make money. idiot
Activity: 38
January 08, 2022, 02:02:30 PM

As a casual observer not affiliated with the project in anyway I have to say that Kaspa is one of the most promising projects I've come across in my 5 years of exploring crypto. There is a sea of crap out there so it's refreshing to find a project that offers not only unique tech but also strives to uphold the OG philosophical roots of crypto, keeping things as decentralized as possible. I came across the work of daglabs from a coindesk article written in 2018 and was intrigued enough to follow their research and development  to the eventual launching of Kaspa. If it's a con it's a really, really, really, long con... "Kaspa is a community project, completely open source, no central governance, no biz model. The mainnet was openly launched without premining or any other preallocation of coins." There was no premine if you did even a little research you would find that the devs try to keep everything as transparent as possible with the community. Will it make folks money? No one can know that for sure but so far things are looking great IMO.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
January 08, 2022, 12:58:43 PM

i remember that discussions on this forum were bringing way more value on people reading, studying and learning.

and i'm kind of surprised that an account flagged as "legendary" waste its time with statements with no value like that.
Activity: 12
January 08, 2022, 11:53:22 AM

Do you have any actual critique of the tech? Our claims are very clear, can you point out which of them are "scam"? Does our code not do what we claim that it does? Are there any other coins which achieve what our tech already achieves (e.g. immediate confirmations on a pure POW chain)? I am all ears as to why you refer to me as a "scam artist".
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
January 08, 2022, 11:29:04 AM

Activity: 3
January 08, 2022, 10:22:26 AM
Judging by the increase in the hash rate, mining is carried out on video cards
but there was no announcement of the miner for the GPU.
Someone mines with a private miner.
The value of the coin is highly questionable and there is no question of fair distribution.

Third party developers in the community have voluntarily contributed GPU tools. If you pay attention to the discord server, you must know this tool. Is it fair? All over again is to fight for it by yourself, not wait here!

Kaspa's official website has a link to discord server. Those who are interested can pay attention!

This is a community project, no ICO, no hype
Why can't  announcements here on the forum?
Why are so many newbies shilling a coin?
Is the coin not interesting to the old-timers of the forum?

premining has many forms LOL

just for me, to understand your point of you: if a community project with no hype, no marketing, no nothing, just software developers working on code, starts running within its community (which is following the project since at least one year) but without an announcement on this forum, it means that the target of the project community is "premining"?

seriously?  

https://i.imgur.com/69XXwQs.png
Well that was easy to prove as not-blatantlie.

Seems like your network already got 51% attacked, and you dont even know it:
https://i.imgur.com/n3cFRMi.png

If you think me talking about your project problems is undermining the project, maybe you should look in the mirror and do something.

your strategy to "talking about your project problems" is:
1. take a random screenshot of a single message, place it out of context and state that "it's proving something" (your first point on the message above;
2. take a random screenshot of the network correctly reacting to a wrong operation of a miner and describe the situation as "your network have been 51% attacked and you didn't even know that". (second point on the message above).

well.

i feel that, if your target is to troll, the approach you're offering is perfect.

but.

if you are looking for a constructive discussion about the project with developers, supporters, etc, maybe you should at least:
1. propose you question, doubt and critics in a decent way, so everyone can extract some value from these discussions;
2. if you want to sh*t on something, at least study what you are talking about first; otherwise, you seems just a little bit s*upid.

thank you for your time.

i'm sure that, from now on, we'll read a lot of interesting discussion and arguments from you.
January 07, 2022, 01:22:51 PM
An update and some clarifications

Update: a new version of the GPU miner has been released which improves CUDA mining performance by about 250%. It also finally introduces support for OpenCL, though it requires much more testing and optimization to be competitive.

Clarification: Despite the impression that some FUD trolls are trying to make, a large amount of red tips (as in a picture posted above) has literally nothing to do with a "51% attack", or any form of viable attack.

Red blocks are blocks which are disconnected from most of the network, they occur in several scenarios. In particular, a block which points to a very old block will be red. The picture above is the consequence of a scenario where a miner kept posting blocks pointing at old blocks (e.g. because they are getting templates from an out of sync node without realizing).

The picture is a few weeks old, where we first encountered such a scenario and realized that red tips posed a slight issue due to some bottlenecks in our reachability mechanism (that is, the mechanism which efficiently calculates whether one block is in the past of another block. This ingenious feat of CS theory and software engineering -- which actually solves a known open problem in a broad family of special cases -- was crafted by msutton, the same person which a certain FUD troll has tried to portray as someone who "does not understand why confirmations are needed" lol).

These bottlenecks have been fixed two versions ago and have been thoroughly tested against amounts of red tips two orders of magnitudes larger than the picture.

Every once in a while an inattentive miner does cause an increase in red tips and this has not caused nodes to increase CPU usage, whereby spamming red blocks is not even a viable CPU attack anymore (not to mention a "51% attack").

People who infer that a couple of hundred of red tips imply a 51% attack probably haven't even a vague understanding of GHOSTDAG and could be safely ignored (this argument is easily quantifiable. Red tips can be as old as three days before they pass the pruning point and get deleted. Our network makes one block per seconds, so a pruning Window is about 250K blocks. In the scenario depicted in the photo, there were about 500 red tips. Hence, to create this amount of red tips it suffices to hold about 0.2% of the global hash rate, which we agree is quite far from 51%).

Just to be clear, even in the old "problematic" version, in order to actually choke nodes on CPU attack the adversary would have had to waste hashes equivalent to at least 1k blocks (though, in the difficulty target of three days ago, so it might be slightly cheaper than 1000 current blocks). After the update this seems to not be a concern even if an attacker spams ten times that much and more, even for nodes running on weak CPUs. We have no indications that any amount of red tips poses an issue.

For more details, you are welcome to peruse the lengthy discussions we had about this issue in our Discord server.
Activity: 35
January 07, 2022, 04:21:17 AM
At present, it seems that only N graphics card can dig. I hope the mining program of A graphics card can come out as soon as possible!
January 03, 2022, 07:06:34 AM
Considering you still dont have a GPU miner for AMD users with nearly 2billion coins silent mined, didnt know what discord server boosts were, discord dev wallet holders didnt know why blocks need confirmation etc. this seems like just a skill-issue on your part.

Yeah, I obviously lack "skill" as is reflected by my lack of familiarity with Discord features. Discord boosts are obviously quintessential knowledge for any cryptocurrency designer and developer and not being familiar with them indicates general incapability  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(I won't respond to your other "points" as I already addressed some of them and the rest are just blatant lies)

rest? Please tell me which part was a "blatant lie" ? Smiley

1) Do you have an AMD miner now perhaps?
2) Or a pool?
3) An exchange?
4) Your lack of discord skill shows that you have not been involved in discord, which is where the majority of mining community exists, and has existed for some time.
5) Are you denying existence of FPGAs in your network?
6) Your explorer can now be explored, and shows top 100 wallets, blocks can be explored from start with block height?

Which part is the blatant lie? Smiley

I addressed each and every one of these points (though I will have an update regarding 1) in a couple of days). You just ignored everything I said and called it a "bunch of excuses" proving that responding to you is a waste of energy.

The blatant lie was "discord dev wallet holders didnt know why blocks need confirmation etc. ".

You have consistently proven that you are just looking to undermine us at all costs rather than having this discussion in good faith, so I am not going to reply to you any longer.
December 28, 2021, 11:04:23 AM
Considering you still dont have a GPU miner for AMD users with nearly 2billion coins silent mined, didnt know what discord server boosts were, discord dev wallet holders didnt know why blocks need confirmation etc. this seems like just a skill-issue on your part.

Yeah, I obviously lack "skill" as is reflected by my lack of familiarity with Discord features. Discord boosts are obviously quintessential knowledge for any cryptocurrency designer and developer and not being familiar with them indicates general incapability  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(I won't respond to your other "points" as I already addressed some of them and the rest are just blatant lies)
December 25, 2021, 05:02:57 AM
[alot of excuses]

You dont have a proper GPU miner and a FPGA already exists for Heavyhash, done with people you collaborate with opowx, and with slight modification.

Not sure if you are just acting stupid, but FPGAs will soon be in your network, as only a slight modification is required, before you even have a proper GPU miner.

Whats your point, why are you here, whats your angle, people dont attack a project without a motive. If you think this project is a joke, then make your statement and go away. By hanging around its like you have other motives. I have been in this game a long time, seen many people come out spouting crap they think will happen with a project and what its downfall will be, guess what 95% of the time its just talk. Your statement on FPGA's while sounds like we should all be scared is just factually WRONG. Who is going to make that "slight modification" you.... good luck!! FPGA are a full time job just to keep running on existing heavyhash networks. Will they come, maybe someday, but i dont see that anytime in the near future.

The community around this project is alot brighter than you might think.  

He's just a FUD troll (seriously, check out his posting history) who can't spurt a single sentence without contradiction themselves. On one hand, our GPU miner is shitty beyond reason while oBTC's is awesome, on the other hand the oBTC FPGA miner "only requires a small modification". So when considering GPU, the miners are completely different and cannot be adapted easily, but when considering FPGA, the difference suddenly becomes "a simple modification"? Sure buddy you make a lot of sense and exhibit superior consistency.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist
December 24, 2021, 02:54:40 PM
Gentlemen developers, are you going to fix the memory leak in the client?
Under Windows, it takes all free RAM and stops working, in the system there is 24 GB of RAM.
Activity: 22
December 24, 2021, 12:56:17 PM
[alot of excuses]

You dont have a proper GPU miner and a FPGA already exists for Heavyhash, done with people you collaborate with opowx, and with slight modification.

Not sure if you are just acting stupid, but FPGAs will soon be in your network, as only a slight modification is required, before you even have a proper GPU miner.

Whats your point, why are you here, whats your angle, people dont attack a project without a motive. If you think this project is a joke, then make your statement and go away. By hanging around its like you have other motives. I have been in this game a long time, seen many people come out spouting crap they think will happen with a project and what its downfall will be, guess what 95% of the time its just talk. Your statement on FPGA's while sounds like we should all be scared is just factually WRONG. Who is going to make that "slight modification" you.... good luck!! FPGA are a full time job just to keep running on existing heavyhash networks. Will they come, maybe someday, but i dont see that anytime in the near future.

The community around this project is alot brighter than you might think. 
December 24, 2021, 06:14:17 AM
[alot of excuses]

oh my god!
December 22, 2021, 10:20:26 AM
No proper explorer

There is an explorer (http://katnip.kaspanet.org) it might need a lot more work but there is nothing "improper" about it.

Cant see genesisblock,1st block,2nd block

Had you read the thread you would have known that we implement block pruning, which means that there is no genesis block. The oldest stored block is three days old. Alongside we keep the UTXO set of that block and a cryptographic proof that this is indeed the UTXO set of a chain of that weight. This proof is an adaptation of the techniques developed here: https://eprint.iacr.org/2021/623.pdf

Whale wallets, rich lists.

Like in most coins, any person can derive virtually infinitely many public keys for their wallet, and it is infeasible to tell whether two addresses belong to the same wallet. Therefore, "whale wallets" and "rich lists" are garbage information and are useless to track.

No pools => miner needs to connect to own .exe wallet

Due to the high block rate, home GPU and even CPU miners can still mine and expect their fair share. Even at three times the current hash rate, a single average home CPU can mine a block every three days or so, which means that if they mine for just a few weeks they will almost surely get their expected share without having to join a pool (for example, if Bitcoin had the same hash rate, then the same user would have to wait about 5 years before they see their first block, which means they would have to mine for decades to get close to their expected share). The fact that solo mining is still profitable in increasing hash rates is a feature, not a bug. When we reach a hash rate where pools make sense, they will be created by the community. If anything, the lack of pools indicates that the coin spread is more egalitarian. Pooling is a necessity which rises when the expected time for a single block for the average user becomes huge. After we increase the block rate to 100 bps, even if we ever reach Bitcoin magnitude of hash rate (which we won't even in the fantasy script where we become as popular as Bitcoin, as our hash is much heavier), very small pools would still be profitable. If

Miner is significantly worse to Wildrig heavyhash, very unoptimized

GPU miner is community driven, currently we don't have reason to suspect covert optimized miner. If in the future we will suspect differently we might try to help the community improve their miner. None of us is a GPU developer, and we have no reason to believe we can optimize the miner better than the community.

Website outdated, no mention of heavyhash or GPU miner links, also probably created in 5min with word

I don't use Word, I use vscode. The website is ugly, yes, thanks for the valuable input. I updated it. It is still ugly but now it include links to both HH and GPU miner. At least one of your comments wasn't useless.

No plan to market/advertise/join exchanges in near future

Dont know what you guys see in this. I just see dev silent mine until they get a big bag, then they will join exchange and network will get rekt by FPGAs long before Optic asics, since FPGA miners already exists for Heavyhash.

No plan to market/advertise/join exchanges in near future

We prioritize stabilizing the node, stress testing and increasing the block rate over listing and PR. It makes sense to us that we get a firm grip of the capabilities of our coin before making extravagant claims or encouraging people to sink their money into it. We know that it is very common in the crypto world to make baseless claims and worrying about partially covering them later, but we have a different approach. That being said, any community driven PR efforts are welcome.

I just see dev silent mine until they get a big bag

If you are going to make baseless accusations, at least go with accusations that make sense. If we just wanted to fill our bag and pump the coin in exchanges we would not have chosen a fair launch model. We'd premine the shit out of the coin and then list it ASAP. If you see our careful conduct as an attempt to make a quick buck, then your conclusion was probably predetermined.
Activity: 253
Merit: 110
December 18, 2021, 06:10:09 PM
Those who think everything should be spoon-fed to them and are griping when it is not are doing those of us who pay attention a great favor.

They are staying away.  They have nothing to add. 

Activity: 305
Merit: 2
December 17, 2021, 07:43:43 PM
In a sense, Kaspa does not aim to become another member of PoW coins but to replace an existing one — Litecoin. Litecoin was supposed to be the silver to Bitcoin’s gold, so we were told. However, it turned out to be quite totally useless, and provided no meaningful functionality over Bitcoin-it is essentially a basket of minor parameter changes from Bitcoin. From the perspective of a 2020 end-user, there’s no major difference between waiting for 15 minutes and waiting for an hour; both are equivalent forms of “forever.”

https://hashdag.medium.com/in-which-i-run-with-the-ghosts-of-my-hometown-95ad503c88c
December 17, 2021, 12:28:56 AM
Does the core team give a specific hard bifurcation time? I'm eager for 10 blocks or even 100 blocks per second. How cool this POW scene will be!
Activity: 305
Merit: 2
December 13, 2021, 05:49:39 PM
Decentralized, 1 second POW coin... With an aim of 100/blocks/sec (!)

Consider me in!
Pages:
Jump to: