Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [KEY] KeyCoin | Fair Launch | Daily Updates | 8/9 Status Update - page 76. (Read 188824 times)

MZD
Activity: 189
Merit: 100

Just imagine if everyone who bought KEY staked half their coins?  The price would probably rise above 1 BTC in a short time. Shocked

Lets do this shit!
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Train leaving station, you can catch us on the next one.
Activity: 210
Coin looks cool but an OS based on a coin makes me laugh...

Now what, new coins are going to start coming with their own OS's? LOL!

pcmerc~
Activity: 196
liquid, read the thread, mostly look at the dev account posts Smiley that should get you started.
Activity: 391
why key price up again Wink

People finally realizing how legit this is.

Also, we just surpassed vertcoin in market cap.  Anybody remember that coin? lol
Activity: 835
Merit: 1000
There is NO Freedom without Privacy
There are a total 22 keycoin team members, all operating different departments but working collaboratively. Our keyOS department will be the next to deliver their work. They are a great group of guys and are looking forward to release an anonymous trading environment with auto wallet updaters, spreadsheets designed for trading, and programs used to make various trading based calculations, and more.

Amazing!

Wondering how everyone on the team is incentivized. There was mention of private funding in the OP. Can you share the magnitude of the funding? Is part of that funding paying developers for their time? Would be good to know that the team has enough skin in the game. Hopefully everyone is holding some keycoin!
There are a total 22 keycoin team members, all operating different departments but working collaboratively. Our keyOS department will be the next to deliver their work. They are a great group of guys and are looking forward to release an anonymous trading environment with auto wallet updaters, spreadsheets designed for trading, and programs used to make various trading based calculations, and more.

Who funded this project? No premine or IPO so where does the funding for full time developers and the manufacturing of the KeyOS USB? There is mention of big investors in one of the news updates on the website, but investors would want a return. What did they invest in and how are they going generate a return on investment?
Also from the website
COMPANY

The KeyCoin team is comprised of four core members and an extensive support staff who are dedicated to providing the best product and service possible.

Is keycoin a company or a crypto currency?

None of this is FUD, this coins looks promising just have questions before I buy. thanks

Can anyone these questions or just give me a clue where I can find out more about the coin so I can join the party or is this just a cheer leading thread?
Activity: 194
BaiQi
why key price up again Wink
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023
Could anybody answer me please if there is a MAC wallet available or not !?!?!
Tx

I believe there is, though I'm sure someone had an issue downloading it on Safari once and found that using Chrome instead worked.

Isn't this it? https://mega.co.nz/#!cAJhhQaI!SQuZXkcJ2a2uc5jYQanZ3ZQue5p_y35aA-EQsgPq18Q

tx man
you mean this one
https://mega.co.nz/#!cAJhhQaI!SQuZXkcJ2a2uc5jYQanZ3ZQue5p_y35aA-EQsgPq18Q

does not work in safari and firefox !
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
The new floor is 105 ksat. Second jump to 500 ksat next 48 hours
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Tx

I believe there is, though I'm sure someone had an issue downloading it on Safari once and found that using Chrome instead worked.

Isn't this it? https://mega.co.nz/#!cAJhhQaI!SQuZXkcJ2a2uc5jYQanZ3ZQue5p_y35aA-EQsgPq18Q
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023
Tx
Activity: 462
Well, I have been ignoring this one for a while now.  After seeing the rise on bittrex and the trollbox on poloniex going on about it, I checked out the thread.  Honestly, it looks pretty damn good.

Now I generally don't buy into a coin after it rises this quickly, but if this is in the same league as XC and CLK (and NUD, my pet favorite coin which is severely ignored and undervalued), price could easily go up 3-4x in the short-medium term.  I bought a small stack and have withdrew them to stake.
Activity: 644
Dan Metcalf of X11coin (XC) has given a positive review of the Keycoin code and team, very enlightening. Very refreshing to see cooperation in the altcoin community!

Did I read that right that there were 20 people in the private chat with him? Amazing. Can anyone confirm the size of the active keycoin team?

Sorry, I just want to make another correction.  It's XCurrency, not X11. 

Edit: Just bought some KEY.
Activity: 644
Look at total supply, look at realistic anonymity, speculate on the functionality of KEY OS and then consider DRK, if Shitcoin DRK can see .02 this coin is golden to hit the same if not higher, this may legitimately be a really big deal, especially with a functioning "Kali Linux" style OS made by the KEY team with anonymity in mind.. incredible work, by far better than any other job done to date... even better than CLOAK which is a very bold statement, I do think that CLOAK and VOOT are the only other anon to offer a realistic solution.

I just want to correct this statement to add XCurrency (XC) to your list of CLOAK and VOOT(lol).  Afterall, your code was audited by the developer of the first working decentralized anon coin with a gui.
Very nice system which is still being enhanced.
I would guess Moon is just the starting point.
Activity: 260
Dear KeyCoin Community,

I have always been a strong advocate for advancements in technology, dating back throughout my career and I support anything that can have a positive effect on the path to greater freedom and I regard crypto-currency as key part  of the solution to a decentralized and free society.  You can see my extensive list of accomplishments at http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dan-metcalf/12/1a8/b82

The KEY code:

KEY is 100% Proof-of-Stake, with checkpoints, active POS checkpointing server, and a POS Maximum Age of 120 days to prevent long term accumulation attacks. The code has been well audited by both members of the community and exchange operators.

Key’s anonymous solution is an unique hybrid which leverages on-demand encryption and clustered pools to randomize mixing.  To prevent leakage the transaction is passed through the clustered mixing pools twice, thus rendering the transaction untraceable on the blockchain and also prevents even the sender from tracing the transaction on the block chain. While the anonymous system is indeed based on XC, it is a highly modified and unique version.

The KEY team and invite for review:

At first when the KEY team reached out, my initial response was to say no due to my workload and commitment with XC, but since I am always open to new innovation, I finally decided to accept the request.  I was invited to a private channel with an extremely organized and eager development team. There are over 20 guys in here with skill sets ranging from proficiencies in various computing languages, graphic designers, web developers, 2 3D rendering studios, Linux system admins, they even have guys with 3D printers exchanging custom designs for the KEYos and merchandise.
I also noted a great deal of cross collaboration, with many prominent developers from the community contributing to the success of the coin and the quality of the code.

They have their ears open and they are open to acting on not only my suggestions, but those that emanate from the community itself. Since innovation is what drives cryptocurrency, I decided to accept the opportunity to review the code and the team.

Peer Review:

In reviewing the code, I did a basic review of the entire code base and a more in-depth analysis of the anonymous related portions.
The additional clustering abilities within the protocol itself provide an ideal solution in preventing block analysis, and to take it even 1 step further, the developers have implemented a ring layer on the protocol allowing the transaction to take multiple pass’s through the cluster, further anonymizing the transaction.
Since the entire protocol including the enhancements are encrypted it is impossible to gain any information by sniffing the network.
The protocol enhancements have been integrated correctly and based on my own testing perform as expected and haven’t created any security vulnerabilities.

As my time very limited, I will leave it up to the Key Dev's to handle any questions

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

Aww damn..even now im confused. Oh well doesnt matter how it got here as long as no one knows who sent it.  My hookers are thankful!

MOOOooonnnn
Price is still very low. Smiley

It will probably fall back a bit yet before the next time is goes up.
Look to catch some in the low to mid 100k range.
Activity: 295
Price is still very low. Smiley
Activity: 168
Total coins?

Approx 913,000 now, with a small increase each year at the current POS rate.

At the current rate we should still be lower than 1 million by 2015.

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/key/

For this coin supply this price is a joke now. Cheesy
Waiting for leaving the station, my moon train.

Just hit a double top. Good sign that the price is staying near the top too.

449,175 KEY on Bittrex. That's 500btc worth of KEY on the exchange. Dump some guys. I got buy orders waiting.

Graph http://altcoingraphs.com/bittrex/graphs/price/120690
dangerous having half the supply of a POS coin on one exchange..vericoin/mintpal didn't even happen long ago. People should stake not day trade

Just imagine if everyone who bought KEY staked half their coins?  The price would probably rise above 1 BTC in a short time. Shocked

Pages:
Jump to: