Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 📈 KnoxCoin【KNX】🌟 💵 POS 2% 💴 POS - Efficient Minting - page 7. (Read 11053 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Going Full POS in less than 700 Blocks

Why PoS is Better than PoW

If you have been exposed into the crypto community for a while, then you would have heard of PoS (Proof-of-Stake). It is a mining concept available to some of the traded coins, which bases the coins you mine depending on the amount of coins you possess, meaning a person who owns 1,000 coins would mine more than a person with 10 coins regardless of their computing power. Some people would welcome this concept, while some would shun away from it as they continue to be skeptics; but as coins like Etherium (ETH) are starting to warm up to PoS, there must be some advantages to this type of mining, but what could they be? From what I can gather, these are some fundamental benefits for PoS.

Resource

This is perhaps the most obvious advantage of PoS. As PoW uses massive amounts of computing power, it also comes with a huge toll on the electricity bill, not to mention the deterioration of your mining computer. I would say, thousands of heavily powered computers around the world would have a huge green house effect. With PoS, you would be able to stake using something as simple as a Raspberry Pi (USD 35), which only uses a very small amount of electricity would enable you to stake more coins compared to a super computer. That’s assuming you have more coins staking on your Raspberry Pi. The effects are especially visible for countries with high electricity costs. For people worried about large electricity bills and global warming issues, this is the obvious choice.

Price Volatility

As you know, the miners serve as nodes who guard the ledger and confirm transactions, which in turn enables them to earn coins by solving hashes in the blockchain. It is up to the miner to decide whether to keep or sell the earned coin. As mining is expensive as mentioned above, you can’t blame miners for selling the coins they earn. The problem is, if there’s not much demand for a coin, this pushes the price down. As some miners would sell, the other holders would get jittery and… you get the point. Perfect example of this is the anon coin, ZCash, which plunged the price by a fraction of what it already is (around USD 35) as miners would automatically just sell all coins to the highest bidder. Speaking of anon coins, if you compare anon coins like ZEC, XMR and SDC (SDC being the only PoS), you can find which coin is the most stable.
The reason why a PoS would give you price stability is because it gives the person more incentive to keep the coin than to sell. If a miner could make more coins using the coin that he mined from, he would think twice before selling.

Decentralization

The reason why PoW is so popular is because this is what Bitcoin has introduced. This has provided the global community with a decentralized form of currency. People imagine their humble computers would serve as nodes keeping all the transactions safe. However, as entities like China have invested a few billion dollars worth of supercomputers with the sole purpose of mining bitcoins, enabling them to mine a huge chunk (I would say around 80% of all mined coins). Isn’t that in a way, a centralized currency?
PoS would minimize that possibility as it would provide tons of risks for China or any other entity planning a buy-out. Would a staker sell his principal coin to anyone if he’s guaranteed a certain cashflow? Within that scenario, stakers would realize that the longer you hold, the more expensive your coins would get.

Security

Of course there are both upside and downside in terms of PoS and PoW security, but the most important part of securing a coin is arguably by protecting its blockchain.
Compromising a blockchain involves inserting incorrect information into the data where the whole decentralized system would accept; in order to do that, you would need a large amount influence. When we talk about influence, PoW and PoS would classify them differently. PoW is measured by computing power, where PoS uses coin ownership.
If a malicious Super PC (the billion dollar PC China already has) would want to compromise a competing coin, he only needs to stop mining on his coin for a few hours and target the coin. That way, a competing coin would lose credibility and investors would just opt to buy their coin. For PoS, you would have to own a large amount of coins. A large enough amount to be able to land an impact into the ledger, which would be very expensive; and why would you want to compromise something that you have spent a lot of?

Conclusion:

Of course, we can give a lot of counter-arguments to rationalize why PoW is still an effective way to maintain a blockchain. Do not get me wrong, I believe PoW is very effective; the technology has managed the BTC blockchain for years, which is why BTC continues to increase its popularity. However, there is a difference between effectiveness and efficiency. PoS coins not only are as effective as PoW, it also offers more practicality based on my given reasons.

Source: Decentralize.today
Nice,  Keep up the good work.

~34 more hours and POW will end. 

At this very moment 1000 Blocks to go!!
I followed all the instructions but still my wallet still not yet syncing,  Sad

Update, already syncing: What I did is copying the code of what the DEV posted on page 7 on every txt file and created a knox.conf both text and a file

For Anyone who needs help or support, Join our Slack Channel, we will help you there.

https://knoxcoin-slack.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
I followed all the instructions but still my wallet still not yet syncing,  Sad

Update, already syncing: What I did is copying the code of what the DEV posted on page 7 on every txt file and created a knox.conf both text and a file
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Does anybody have idea about when is this coin going to be listed in CoinMarketCap?
 Huh

when it reaches 10K usd/24h volume and someone apply it for listing there.
Activity: 109
Does anybody have idea about when is this coin going to be listed in CoinMarketCap?
 Huh
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Bet101, I sent you PMs Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Nice,  Keep up the good work.

~34 more hours and POW will end. 
Hoping that I will never be too late for this coin, pretty pumped up man!

Its never to late!!

I just submitted a request in the to list our KNOXCOIN.

Its never to late!!
Activity: 294
Merit: 114

KNX very soon turning 100% POS, 2000 blocks to Go.....
Activity: 139
Merit: 11
!!!seems pretty legit yo me, there maybe have been a misunderstanding, thanks for the screenshots !!!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

KnoxCoin Big Hash Pool

Fee: 1%;
Payment interval every 60 min;
Payouts as soon as necessary maturity reached;
Min payouts: 1 KNOX;

Site:
http://178.62.254.159/

stratum+tcp://178.62.254.159:

Variable difficulty PORTS(auto-tune "min<=>max"):
128<=>32768: 32001
32768<=>65535: 32002
NICEHASH(and/or MININGRENTALS) minimum difficulty port: 32333

Example CCMiner bat config:
ccminer.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://178.62.254.159: -u -p x

Where is my payouts from your pool ?

All payouts has been pass throught well. What are you talking about? I even have put additional 100+ coin to cover transaction fees for first miners. And 41 KNOX is only left from mine 100+. I suppose the only delay reason can be that KNOX maturity(after it mined) reach little longer than usual scrypt coins I have setted for mining before. So let`s repeat again: Have you recieved your payouts?

Seems to be a fair point!!! Do you have any screenshots that you can provide the user with?

Ok. Here are couple of screenshots of the pool balance and last 10 transactions. There was not much miners yesterday I saw on pool so I suppose that would be enough.
"KVMrqGJ1udEhNVJQ5MBWRcynao711DRpcb" - main pool address
"KDJ3cqYdcuyEfNov1j5ZE2rH7NiUmQGT3g" - where 1% fee forwarded(pool address too)
Other is the miners addresses. Which one is yours?

https://imgur.com/TP9mKV8
https://imgur.com/WVSIOhc
https://imgur.com/oZ8Io9Y
https://imgur.com/Nqiqml1
Activity: 139
Merit: 11

KnoxCoin Big Hash Pool

Site:

All payouts has been pass throught well. What are you talking about? I even have put additional 100+ coin to cover transaction fees for first miners. And 41 KNOX is only left from mine 100+. I suppose the only delay reason can be that KNOX maturity(after it mined) reach little longer than usual scrypt coins I have setted for mining before. So let`s repeat again: Have you recieved your payouts?

Seems to be a fair point!!! Do you have any screenshots that you can provide the user with?
Activity: 42

KnoxCoin Big Hash Pool

Site:

Activity: 55
i am very sure that many will agree with me .... shut it down and make a new start on things with a better outlook!
shutting it down now would be the smartest thing to do and would save alot of people from spending cash trying to mine it uselessly!
and you might even be able to save face when you get things fixed!

it is only about 6 hours into it now!
shutting it down and recalculating the percentages and amounts and giving the miners a chance is only smart!
leaving it as it is shows your a greedy  and inconsiderate wannabe DEV. that will screw anyone over for a few  $
IMHO

Did this ever get corrected??
Activity: 319
There are only 2-3 days and mining will stop
SOpool runned all these days without any issues
Activity: 56
NEW POOL ALERT

WWW.VIVOCRYPTOPOOL.COM is now up and running with Knox Coin

Will support nicehash and high diff/high hash ASIC miners

Awesome security and great support (YIIMP Pool)

COME HASH WITH ME!!!
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Pomestnik, your welcome to come over to https://hobbyistpool.ddns.net/knox.

I'm available here or by email if you have any problems.

Pages:
Jump to: