Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 336. (Read 628584 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the check option is US only for now. I'm not sure we could post a photo of the check, but that's a very interesting idea to consider.

I though people from the U.S. cannot trade National Currency yet?
Why won't you send the check abroad? Envelope stamp doesn't cost that much. IRS sent me check to Europe with tax refunds without problem last year Smiley

Please implement this check scanning option. That would make everything really easier.
As far as I know almost all the big U.S. banks have this check scanning feature built in their smartphone apps.
And there can be a button to destroy the check, after it has been successfully deposited.

We've had national currency trading from the beginning in a few US states. From the OP: "In most US states, including California and New York, we offer no services.  In some US states we offer Digital Currency <-> Digital Currency trading.  In fewer US states we offer DC <-> National Currency trading."

We're only doing checks for US right now because it turned out our current USD bank can't do ACH (or any cheap wire withdrawal option). It's totally manual right now, so we don't want to open it up beyond the US yet. Your idea with scanning the checks is really interesting, so we'll consider whether we can do that for everybody, but it isn't something we can do right away. At the very least, the whole process would have to be automated, and that means development time.  
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Btw. I am looking at BitcoinAverage.com a lot while trading, because it has very nice layout.

And I noticed that Kraken's volume in Euro doesn't correspond with what's stated on the exchange.
Right now on Kraken - 68.69 XBT and 49.69 XBT on BitcoinAverage.

And USD is not present at all at BitcoinAverage and the volume is even higher than Euro - now 89.73 XBT.

Maybe you wanna get in touch with them.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the check option is US only for now. I'm not sure we could post a photo of the check, but that's a very interesting idea to consider.

I though people from the U.S. cannot trade National Currency yet?
Why won't you send the check abroad? Envelope stamp doesn't cost that much. IRS sent me check to Europe with tax refunds without problem last year Smiley

Please implement this check scanning option. That would make everything really easier.
As far as I know almost all the big U.S. banks have this check scanning feature built in their smartphone apps.
And there can be a button to destroy the check, after it has been successfully deposited.
legendary
Hum, the exchange currently is unaware of high price variance, nearly nobody is selling BTC. So today when price dropped below 165$ I was not able to buy any Bitcoin... Huge drawback...

That's illiquidity for ya.  Wink

But as you noted volume is steadily improving.

Yeah! An today something strange happened; while the price was 140€/BTC someone sold me 0.5 at 117€. 11.5€ of profit!

Ha, well illiquidity cuts both ways, it's not all bad!
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
Hum, the exchange currently is unaware of high price variance, nearly nobody is selling BTC. So today when price dropped below 165$ I was not able to buy any Bitcoin... Huge drawback...

Yeah! An today something strange happened; while the price was 140€/BTC someone sold me 0.5 at 117€. 11.5€ of profit!
legendary
Thanks for responding!

So you will send U.S. check free to Europe?

I am European resident, so that's my address on the profile.
Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper, if you posted picture of the check online and I can just deposit it to my U.S. bank account by taking picture of it on my iPhone. I works! I have done it before. Friend of mine received check in my name in the U.S. and took a picture and sent it to me.

Me in physically in Europe, just took a picture of that picture in the online banking app on my iPhone.
Then I told my friend to destroy the check.

It would be cool if you can make an interface where the check would be displayed.
It would save you money sending it and it would be almost instant deposit for me.

Thanks for responding!

So you will send U.S. check free to Europe?

I am European resident, so that's my address on the profile.
Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper, if you posted picture of the check online and I can just deposit it to my U.S. bank account by taking picture of it on my iPhone. I works! I have done it before. Friend of mine received check in my name in the U.S. and took a picture and sent it to me.

Me in physically in Europe, just took a picture of that picture in the online banking app on my iPhone.
Then I told my friend to destroy the check.

It would be cool if you can make an interface where the check would be displayed.
It would save you money sending it and it would be almost instant deposit for me.

legendary
Hello.. first I just wanna say that I love the UI and speed of Kraken. Way better than anything else out there.
I have verified account and I am currently trying various types of deposits and withdrawals and I have few questions.

Thanks!

- how to add bank account for USD withdrawal thru ACH?

Our current go-to bank for USD doesn't offer ACH unfortunately. We thought they did, so we had it as an option for a while, but they don't. We've added check by mail (to your home address) so people have a cheap withdrawal option (it's free). We're talking to several other banks that could do USD, so hopefully we'll have ACH soon. 

When I go Withdraw - USD - Check (US), it asks for Name, Description and Address

I have no idea what the address is. It's Simple.com bank. I opened the account online and never went to any branch.
And where do I type in Routing and Account number? Is there net step?

Yeah, the check option is super confusing at the moment. I already submitted a ticket about this, so it's being worked on. To request a check withdrawal, do the following: 1) Under Account > Funding > Withdrawal > USD, select "Check (US)." 2) Click "Add account" and fill in a description (i.e. "Home"). 3) Fill in your name as you want it on the check. 4) Fill in *your address* (not the bank address). We'll be checking to make sure that the name and address matches what you gave us in your profile information for security reasons of course. Sorry about the confusion, but we just added this option to our system, which is really formatted for other types of withdrawal. But it'll get fixed soon. 

Next,
When I click on Market Data in Firefox v25.0 it crashes the whole browser will all tabs in it.
No problem in latest Safari on OS X Mavericks.

Thanks

Yeah, Firefox v25.0 is a known issue that's being worked on.

Thanks for the input!
legendary
Haven't you thought of posting in other subforums? Such as Altcoin (As you exchange LTC) or services.

Yeah, it's come up before, but we should seriously consider it again. A lot of people don't bother looking at this subforum, so we should probably branch out.
legendary
Hi Dargo,

just want to clarify the exact meaning of "binning". Is it rounding down, rounding up or rounding to nearest?

For example, given the response from:

https://api.kraken.com/0/public/Depth?pair=XBTUSD

Can I infer that an order of size 1 is:

between minimum trade size and 1.0
between minimum trade size and 1.499999...
between minimum trade size and 1.999999...

and for size 2 is:

between 1.0000001 and 2.0
between 1.5 and 2.49999...
between 2.0 and 2.99999...

Final questions:

What is the minimum trade size?
What is the precision of a trade size for each currency, i.e. how many figures after the decimal place.

Thanks in advance!

I'm double checking on this, but I'm pretty certain that it's always rounded up so that:

if real volume is greater than 0 but less than or equal to 1 at a given price, then market data will show volume as 1 at that price

if real volume is greater than 1 but less than or equal to 2 at a given price, then market data will show volume as 2 at that price

etc.

I talked about this at length with the developers yesterday, and we will make the binning much more fine-grained as soon as possible. As for doing away with the binning altogether, that will require more convincing (you don't need to convince me though), so people should speak up if that's what they prefer.

legendary

Hello.. first I just wanna say that I love the UI and speed of Kraken. Way better than anything else out there.
I have verified account and I am currently trying various types of deposits and withdrawals and I have few questions.

- how to add bank account for USD withdrawal thru ACH?

When I go Withdraw - USD - Check (US), it asks for Name, Description and Address

I have no idea what the address is. It's Simple.com bank. I opened the account online and never went to any branch.
And where do I type in Routing and Account number? Is there net step?

Next,
When I click on Market Data in Firefox v25.0 it crashes the whole browser will all tabs in it.
No problem in latest Safari on OS X Mavericks.

Thanks
legendary
Haven't you thought of posting in other subforums? Such as Altcoin (As you exchange LTC) or services.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Updated ironic image.
Hi Dargo,

just want to clarify the exact meaning of "binning". Is it rounding down, rounding up or rounding to nearest?

For example, given the response from:

https://api.kraken.com/0/public/Depth?pair=XBTUSD

Can I infer that an order of size 1 is:

between minimum trade size and 1.0
between minimum trade size and 1.499999...
between minimum trade size and 1.999999...

and for size 2 is:

between 1.0000001 and 2.0
between 1.5 and 2.49999...
between 2.0 and 2.99999...

Final questions:

What is the minimum trade size?
What is the precision of a trade size for each currency, i.e. how many figures after the decimal place.

Thanks in advance!
legendary
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
What's the time stamping precision of data feed at Kraken (seconds / milliseconds / microseconds)?

The trades data feed supplies up to 4dp for each trade timestamp, so a resolution of 100 microseconds, but I believe they store it internally with nanosecond precision as the `last` ID used for getting trades data looks like a nanosecond precision timestamp. Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed

If I have the math correct then the broadcasted data has 0.1 millisecond resolution (100 microseconds). It is sufficient for HFT (although 1 microsecond would be optimal).

Since nanosecond resolution is internally stored then I think broadcasting events with microsecond timestamping might be technically feasible if such demand arises from clients in future. Am I correct?

Correct - it's technically feasible.

This is very nice  Smiley
legendary
What's the time stamping precision of data feed at Kraken (seconds / milliseconds / microseconds)?

The trades data feed supplies up to 4dp for each trade timestamp, so a resolution of 100 microseconds, but I believe they store it internally with nanosecond precision as the `last` ID used for getting trades data looks like a nanosecond precision timestamp. Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed

If I have the math correct then the broadcasted data has 0.1 millisecond resolution (100 microseconds). It is sufficient for HFT (although 1 microsecond would be optimal).

Since nanosecond resolution is internally stored then I think broadcasting events with microsecond timestamping might be technically feasible if such demand arises from clients in future. Am I correct?

Correct - it's technically feasible.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

Confirmed

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Thank you for your answer, Dargo.
legendary
What's the countdown for Germany? Smiley

Sorry it took a while to respond bnjmnkent. We don't really have a countdown for Germany, but it's coming soon and should be the next place we launch. If all goes well, we should launch in Germany within two weeks, but as always, things might not go well and it could take longer. We've had tons of German users sign up and pre-verify, so it should be a big boost when Germany comes on board.
Jump to: