Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 339. (Read 628584 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
It's hard to penetrate a saturated market. I tried it with mining pool on which we've been working for 3 months. You have to try very hard to earn very small gain.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
I see you increased volume from 5-25BTC... Probably advertising would help.

Yep, we'll get more aggressive about marketing soon, but there's some more things we'd like to have in place first. We actually had a big jump in our new user rate starting last week with the Fidor announcement and it's still holding steady. This hasn't been reflected in the volume yet, but I expect it will soon.  

Just curious, could you express this in numbers? Tongue How many new users?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

Yep, we'll get more aggressive about marketing soon, but there's some more things we'd like to have in place first. We actually had a big jump in our new user rate starting last week with the Fidor announcement and it's still holding steady. This hasn't been reflected in the volume yet, but I expect it will soon. 
legendary
legendary
Its me or the exchange has nearly no activity?

Give it time Smiley Each time I check, the volume is greater than last I checked. Unfortunately it's new, and people are skeptical because there is low volume so they don't want to put in high volume orders, creating a catch-22 situation. What it needs to grow is large limit orders to create some market depth and boost the volume, although it is slowly growing on its own anyway.

20-50 btc (€) 24h volume isn't something  Undecided problem is that there is a big gap between bid and ask.

Has to be 500+ for me to trade there, so Ill have to wait...
Activity: 442
Merit: 250

Give it time Smiley Each time I check, the volume is greater than last I checked. Unfortunately it's new, and people are skeptical because there is low volume so they don't want to put in high volume orders, creating a catch-22 situation. What it needs to grow is large limit orders to create some market depth and boost the volume, although it is slowly growing on its own anyway.

20-50 btc (€) 24h volume isn't something  Undecided problem is that there is a big gap between bid and ask.
legendary
Can you say more about why you'd like to have 8 decimals places? I think we went with 5 since it's less of a drain on resources and seemed like plenty for trading.

Well, mainly because *this bitcoin* and I'd like to see my 8 decimals if I send them to an exchange. I of course have no idea what's involved with programming and resources.

Yeah, that makes sense, but given the resource issue, we'd rather stick with 5 decimals. Of course, resources aren't an issue now, but it'll be harder to switch back later when resources are an issue.

The daily/monthly limit is cumulative across different currencies. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a single view. When you go to deposit and withdraw in any currency, you're shown your cumulative totals and how much you can deposit or withdraw in the currency. Are you talking about some kind of breakdown to see exactly how you've arrive at the cumulative totals with different currencies you've deposited or withdrawn?

My "fear" was thinking if they were cumulative and I deposit BTC / LTC etc. that I could go over the limit, since I can only see one currency limit at the time. I hope, you understand what I mean.

Absolutely, but if you just watch your "maximum deposit" or "maximum withdrawal" amount whenever you deposit or withdraw, you'll be OK. These maximum amounts are stated in the currency you're currently depositing or withdrawing and take into account your cumulative daily and monthly limits.

You do want to be careful and not go over your daily or monthly funding limits.
legendary
Activity: 1358
https://gliph.me/hUF
Can you say more about why you'd like to have 8 decimals places? I think we went with 5 since it's less of a drain on resources and seemed like plenty for trading.

Well, mainly because *this bitcoin* and I'd like to see my 8 decimals if I send them to an exchange. I of course have no idea what's involved with programming and resources.

The daily/monthly limit is cumulative across different currencies. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a single view. When you go to deposit and withdraw in any currency, you're shown your cumulative totals and how much you can deposit or withdraw in the currency. Are you talking about some kind of breakdown to see exactly how you've arrive at the cumulative totals with different currencies you've deposited or withdrawn?

My "fear" was thinking if they were cumulative and I deposit BTC / LTC etc. that I could go over the limit, since I can only see one currency limit at the time. I hope, you understand what I mean.
legendary
Well, it looks like the bots found their way in ;-)

Code:
Volume	Price
14 95.00986 €
3 95.00000 €
legendary

I hope so.
Activity: 246
Merit: 250

legendary
legendary
Some feature requests:

• Have a "Max." button at the "amount" field, that automatically would fill in the maximal, unreserved available amount for the currency at hand.
  • Have an option to get the rate automatically, i.e. "I have 1.2 XBT to sell and I want 112 EUR for them". The rate would then be calculated and auto-filled.
  • As mentioned before, support full 8 decimals throughout the site.

The numbers for "daily limit" etc. are per currency or cumulative? If they are cumulative (I think so) it'd be better if all the currencies would be grouped together in one single view.

Thanks for the suggestions Newar - we'll consider. Can you say more about why you'd like to have 8 decimals places? I think we went with 5 since it's less of a drain on resources and seemed like plenty for trading.

legendary
Is there any good reason why volumes in the bid/ask table don't show any decimal values?  They are all rounded to the nearest 1, which hides useful information in the EUR/XBT table especially.

Some of the devs are concerned that we don't facilitate really high frequency trading, so the market data is binned and averaged to some extent to discourage this. But as always we appreciate users communicating with us about what features they'd like to see, so feel free to weigh in on this.
legendary
Minor bug: Fedora 18, Google Chrome: The "select" button on the BTC deposit page does indeed select the address, however when I right click on the highlighted area there is no "copy" option (as soon as the right click happens, the highlight disappears). If I highlighted manually there is a "copy" option. Additionally, I have seen other websites that offer similar functionality as your "select" button, but they not only select the info, they also move it to the clipboard automatically. That would be the most convenient solution, IMHO. If clipboard security is a concern, maybe overwrite the clipboard with some random or empty data after x seconds.

Edit: Additionally: It seems only 4   5 decimals are supported when depositing XBT?

Thanks Newar, the bug looks like it's Chrome generally, not just with Fedora. I'll submit a ticket about this right away. We'll consider your feature request too.
legendary
I want to get level3 verified and have too give a utilitybill of some sort in jpeg or jpg. Can you please allow pdf files?

Yeah, noticed that too. I just downloaded a PDF to JPG converter for free. But it would make sense to accept PDF files.

There's nothing we can do about this unfortunately because the file requirements come from third party software. We typically only need the first page of the utility/bank/cc/etc statement. If you have the statement in PDF, the best solution is to crop the first page and convert to jpeg, jpg or png file. But if you have trouble finding software to do this, it may also work to just take a screen capture of the first page (or as much of it as you can get in good quality image). Remember that the image needs to have your full name, your address matching the address you gave us, a date less than 3 months old, and the utility/bank/cc/etc company information/logo.   
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
I want to get level3 verified and have too give a utilitybill of some sort in jpeg or jpg. Can you please allow pdf files?

Yeah, noticed that too. I just downloaded a PDF to JPG converter for free. But it would make sense to accept PDF files.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
legendary
Some feature requests:

• Have a "Max." button at the "amount" field, that automatically would fill in the maximal, unreserved available amount for the currency at hand.
  • Have an option to get the rate automatically, i.e. "I have 1.2 XBT to sell and I want 112 EUR for them". The rate would then be calculated and auto-filled.
  • As mentioned before, support full 8 decimals throughout the site.

The numbers for "daily limit" etc. are per currency or cumulative? If they are cumulative (I think so) it'd be better if all the currencies would be grouped together in one single view.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Nobody accepts bitcoin on the moon.
Is there any good reason why volumes in the bid/ask table don't show any decimal values?  They are all rounded to the nearest 1, which hides useful information in the EUR/XBT table especially.
Jump to: