Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 345. (Read 628584 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Here's another announcement: We've gone through all the accounts that didn't verify at level 2. There were some we didn't pass, because we still couldn't confirm the address. So if you submitted for tier 2 verification, but don't have it yet, please contact us by creating a support ticket (and give us your public account ID - found under Account > Settings). We're planning on contacting people who didn't pass anyway, but it might go faster if you contact us.  

Edit: Also, if you are still waiting on Tier 1 verification, it might be best to contact us with a support ticket at this stage. If you are still waiting on Tier 3, hang in there, we'll get to you soon.
legendary
We've decided to switch from EUR/LTC to LTC/EUR. However, we're going to stick with BTC/LTC (since LTC/BTC could potentially get very low in price and we want to avoid having too many decimal places). We've had to cancel all open EUR/LTC orders in order to make the switch.  We've emailed the users who had orders on to let them know. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope that you'll find LTC/EUR easier to work with going forward.
legendary
First of all I'd like to say I love the basic concept of this exchange. The whole regulatory compliance and customer validation is slowing the launch, but I think most of us understand it is very necessary. We don't want to see a Mt. Gox like fiasko here... I personaly have no problem waiting a couple weeks more before I can start trading with you.

Transparency, honesty and promptness is what we want (for trades, deposits/withdrawals and support requests). If you can deliver, we will bring our business to your site.

That being said I do have suggestion. The BTC/LTC and EUR/LTC pairs should in my opinion be switched to LTC/BTC and LTC/EUR. Simply because ALL the other exchanges have them like that and it's much more convenient as those are the numbers we are used to (2€ per LTC, 0.02 BTC per LTC). Better to do it now while the trade volume is low. I don't think anybody will mind, but a lot of us will support the change.

I hope you guys keep up the good work and get this thing started properly.

Cheers Smiley

Thanks Totscha - we are considering switching the pairs, and it carries a lot of weight when people let us know they'd prefer this. There probably will be some altcoin pairs where we have btc/ac, eur/ac, etc. because we want to avoid the situation where ac/btc price is really low, requiring a lot of decimal places. But that's just not an issue for LTC.

It's great that you don't mind waiting a few weeks to get started trading, but others mind quite a lot and we're working hard to speed up the process. It's frustrating to have to wait to get verified so you can get your funds into an exchange, but that's minor compared to the frustration you'd experience if you couldn't get your funds out because accounts were seized or the exchange was unbanked. In short, a little regulatory friction going in is far better than lights-out friction coming out.  
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
First of all I'd like to say I love the basic concept of this exchange. The whole regulatory compliance and customer validation is slowing the launch, but I think most of us understand it is very necessary. We don't want to see a Mt. Gox like fiasko here... I personaly have no problem waiting a couple weeks more before I can start trading with you.

Transparency, honesty and promptness is what we want (for trades, deposits/withdrawals and support requests). If you can deliver, we will bring our business to your site.

That being said I do have suggestion. The BTC/LTC and EUR/LTC pairs should in my opinion be switched to LTC/BTC and LTC/EUR. Simply because ALL the other exchanges have them like that and it's much more convenient as those are the numbers we are used to (2€ per LTC, 0.02 BTC per LTC). Better to do it now while the trade volume is low. I don't think anybody will mind, but a lot of us will support the change.

I hope you guys keep up the good work and get this thing started properly.

Cheers Smiley
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I can confirm it's quick indeed. My deposit took slightly over 24 hrs.

How much time does the SEPA deposit take?

It's pretty quick, but I'll have to check in order to give an "x-y days" kind of estimate.
legendary
   Are you currently servicing any US states?      

From the OP: "In most US states, including California and New York, we offer no services.  In some US states we offer Digital Currency <-> Digital Currency trading.  In fewer US states we offer DC <-> National Currency trading."

The above isn't permanent - we do plan on being able to serve most of the US, but there's no definite ETA on this.

We don't have a published list of the jurisdictions we serve, in part because it could potentially be used in an attempt to circumvent our controls. When you create an account, your confirmation email will let you know what services we can currently provide in your area.

legendary

It's pretty quick, but I'll have to check in order to give an "x-y days" kind of estimate.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
    Are you currently servicing any US states?     
legendary
i'm still on Level 0 with Level 1 Pre-Verified and Level 2 Processing for 2 days now... any advances in your review process?

If you are pre-verified for level 1, this probably means we can't offer services in your area until we complete our regulatory compliance for your area. Check the confirmation email you received to see what it says. We'll get you tier 2 verified as soon as we can, but most likely the bottle neck for you will be waiting until we bring our services online in your area.  

oh yeah did not read that (only "account confirmed, ok next mail"). Where do you offer your service?! Since your exchange works with Euro, I was sure that, as being a resident of a (the) Euro country, I could use your exchange right away Wink  (at least for BTC/LTC trades)

We serve most of Europe, but if you are in Germany for example, it's going to be a few weeks yet. The recognition of bitcoin as a "unit of account" (or whatever the best translation may be) in Germany means that we have special regulatory requirements that need be satisfied before we can operate.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Medical Translations for Bitcoins
i'm still on Level 0 with Level 1 Pre-Verified and Level 2 Processing for 2 days now... any advances in your review process?

If you are pre-verified for level 1, this probably means we can't offer services in your area until we complete our regulatory compliance for your area. Check the confirmation email you received to see what it says. We'll get you tier 2 verified as soon as we can, but most likely the bottle neck for you will be waiting until we bring our services online in your area.  

oh yeah did not read that (only "account confirmed, ok next mail"). Where do you offer your service?! Since your exchange works with Euro, I was sure that, as being a resident of a (the) Euro country, I could use your exchange right away Wink  (at least for BTC/LTC trades)
legendary

legendary
Hi Kraken,

why do you not accept proof of identity and utility bills in form of PDF's?  Sad
PNG, JPG etc. is quite annoying because I get my utility bill via eMail ... welcome to the 21st century!  Wink

All the best!

one4many

The acceptable format for the docs isn't determined by us but rather by some of the tools we need to use. We typically only need the first page and it has to have name address and date. You may be able to get the needed bit with a good screen capture, but there are also a variety of ways to convert PDF to JPG, etc.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Activity: 574
Medical Translations for Bitcoins
Activity: 516
Hi Kraken,

why do you not accept proof of identity and utility bills in form of PDF's?  Sad
PNG, JPG etc. is quite annoying because I get my utility bill via eMail ... welcome to the 21st century!  Wink

All the best!

one4many
vip
Activity: 302
Merit: 253
Yep, some aspects of verification are taking longer than they should. If tier 2 (address) verification doesn't pass automatically, it needs to be verified manually, and this process is slow right now. I'm told we'll probably have a fix in place for this later today to speed this up. Also, as I've mentioned before in this thread, tier 3 verification is going to be slow initially. But are you sure your address didn't get verified? The system shouldn't let you enter ID and proof of residence without address verification.

Actually, I also have " Your tier submission is being reviewed." for Tier 2 and I was allowed to upload docs for Tier 3 "1 - 2 of 2 uploaded documents"

please PM me with your public account id, or submit a ticket with it and I'll check it out.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
Yep, some aspects of verification are taking longer than they should. If tier 2 (address) verification doesn't pass automatically, it needs to be verified manually, and this process is slow right now. I'm told we'll probably have a fix in place for this later today to speed this up. Also, as I've mentioned before in this thread, tier 3 verification is going to be slow initially. But are you sure your address didn't get verified? The system shouldn't let you enter ID and proof of residence without address verification.

Actually, I also have " Your tier submission is being reviewed." for Tier 2 and I was allowed to upload docs for Tier 3 "1 - 2 of 2 uploaded documents"
legendary
Maybe you can look at my account (AA11 N84G 0IDL YGZA)?
The verification process for Tier 2 is in processing state for 2 days now without change.

Edit: I'm not able to alter my address anymore to bring it into canonical form

We've got the list of people who haven't cleared tier 2 and we're plowing through it as quickly as we can. But we're asking for everyone's patience since it will take some time to get through them all. We're not asking for your acceptance though. I think we can all agree that long wait times for verification are unacceptable, but understand that we are working hard to streamline the process. I think we are learning that part of streamlining the process is a matter of communicating with customers and letting them know what they can do to help. I'm hesitant to start giving preferential treatment to people who ask for it since it might create a deluge of requests that would just slow the whole process down.
legendary
So we've had some experience now with the address verification process for users and wanted to provide a helpful tip.  We use a variety of tools for address matching and verification, and formats can vary from country to country.  We've noticed one thing that could help ensure that the address verification step goes more smoothly (and quicker) for you - check and see how your address is formatted in Roman characters in online search engines, such as Google, and use that as a guide for how you format your address for entry in our systems. It won't necessarily guarantee that the process goes smoothly, but in many cases it will help speed up the process. 

just to clarify.. the address doesn't need to be entered in roman characters.  Your national postal service may have a website that assists you in determining the proper format of your address.  A good test would be whether the address provided would be acceptable for receipt of an internationally mailed letter.

Right, the general point is that taking a little time to find out what the internationally recognized format for your address is may very well speed up the verification process for you. An online search engine such as google is one way to do that, and consulting your national postal service is another. In my case, google doesn't actually recognize my exact address, so I'd be better off going with the postal service. But even so I'd be better off using google as a guide (say by looking at other addresses on my street) than I would coming up with my own free-form thing.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Maybe you can look at my account (AA11 N84G 0IDL YGZA)?
The verification process for Tier 2 is in processing state for 2 days now without change.

Edit: I'm not able to alter my address anymore to bring it into canonical form
Jump to: