Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 348. (Read 628584 times)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250
Why do I see the trading volume is zero?
What are your bank conversion rates for £ and USD?

Because there's still no BTC/FIAT trades?

I don't understand.  The original post says BTC/EUR is available to trade for level 2 customers.

Pairs available to trade:
BTC/EUR   
BTC/LTC
LTC/EUR

Services that appeared in Beta that are not available at launch:
USD, GBP, XRP, NMC, VEN pairs
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
Small bug for canadian address registration... need to input postal code in all caps for some reason. That's fine but no error message specifies what exactly is wrong with the postal code, and it took me a while to figure out what was going on!

Edit:

Level 3 verification error;

Identity document: Internal error
Proof of residence: Internal error

Documents are PNG, and ~1mb each.

Thanks Sterling - I'll make a ticket about this so the devs can check it out.
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
It just launched. Sign on and get verified to trade.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

Because there's still no BTC/FIAT trades?
Activity: 328
Activity: 282
congrats KRAKEN !!!

im so happy you have BTC/LTC, take notice GOX! take notice COINBASE!!
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
I would like to open an account and I want to trade in USD/BTC and EUR/BTC. USD from a US bank account and EUR from an NL bank account. I'm just a little confused as to what to fill in in the registration form.

If I put US as country, will I still be able to use a EUR bank account for deposits/withdrawals?
If I put NL as country, will I still be able to use a US bank account for deposits/withdrawals?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you put your country of residency.

Will
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017
Finally!

Best of lucks, we need some serious competition.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
I would like to open an account and I want to trade in USD/BTC and EUR/BTC. USD from a US bank account and EUR from an NL bank account. I'm just a little confused as to what to fill in in the registration form.

If I put US as country, will I still be able to use a EUR bank account for deposits/withdrawals?
If I put NL as country, will I still be able to use a US bank account for deposits/withdrawals?

Thanks!
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
Awesome!
Sent my first 1 BTC. At Tier 1 I can only trade BCT/LTC. Waiting for my account to be upgraded to Tier 3  Grin
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
i think there are compelling reasons to have a strong EUR market. bitstamp seems to be stuck on dollars, because of liquidity concerns. but this creates unwanted fees for converting between dollar/euro with their bank.

this is a gap that kraken could fill.

Congrats Kraken! Smiley Love your name.

I am very surprised to see only EUR and not USD, what's the reason for this? (I understand you don't offer for legal reasons in US, but is not trading in USD also for legal reasons?)

On the other hand, I think it's a good idea to trade in EUR, indeed there is no successful EUR market. And bitstamp does cost money in constant USD/EUR conversion for all the Eurozone inhabitants. BTC24 proved that a EUR market can flourish.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Small bug for canadian address registration... need to input postal code in all caps for some reason. That's fine but no error message specifies what exactly is wrong with the postal code, and it took me a while to figure out what was going on!

Edit:

Level 3 verification error;

Identity document: Internal error
Proof of residence: Internal error

Documents are PNG, and ~1mb each.
vip
Activity: 302
Merit: 253
Nice. Won't hurt to specify that though. No way for customers to know. Most EURO accounts can't covert USD or other currencies automatically upon transfer. Few banks offer such option.
For sure.  Good suggestion!

Nice to hear finally kraken launches, despite it had been quite some time, you guys are still faster than CoinSetter anyway. BTW with all those regulations around, does it mean that I can't start playing with kraken until I am 18? Thats only 2 years to go

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until you're 18 to take your business.  You could try convincing your parents in to trading for you in the meantime.

Congrats !

Thanks!

Congratulations to Jesse and team! I participated in the beta and I have been following Kraken's progress over the months with great interest. It would be great if Kraken used the XBT designation for bitcoin.

Thanks, Jon!  I'll bring up the XBT suggestion with the team.  I agree it's probably where things are headed anyway.

Activity: 303
Congratulations to Jesse and team! I participated in the beta and I have been following Kraken's progress over the months with great interest. It would be great if Kraken used the XBT designation for bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou
Nice to hear finally kraken launches, despite it had been quite some time, you guys are still faster than CoinSetter anyway. BTW with all those regulations around, does it mean that I can't start playing with kraken until I am 18? Thats only 2 years to go
i think there are compelling reasons to have a strong EUR market. bitstamp seems to be stuck on dollars, because of liquidity concerns. but this creates unwanted fees for converting between dollar/euro with their bank.

I now see their websites says:

We offer the following deposit options:

Bitcoin Deposit
    Litcoin Deposit
    SEPA Deposit (EUR only)
    Bank Wire Transfer (EUR only)
    Other deposit options (including USD deposits) coming soon.

So I guess USD deposits  are coming but no ETA on that. No mention of other currencies.

Actually, you can wire us USD (and just about anything else) to our EUR account but it'll be converted to EUR and you'll be credited with EUR, and when you withdraw we'll send out EUR.  So, you may lose some on the exchange rate back and forth.  We'll eventually offer a number of other reserve currencies so you won't be forced to do the conversion and trade in EUR.

Nice. Won't hurt to specify that though. No way for customers to know. Most EURO accounts can't covert USD or other currencies automatically upon transfer. Few banks offer such option.
vip
Activity: 302
Merit: 253

Bitcoin Deposit
    Litcoin Deposit
    SEPA Deposit (EUR only)

So I guess USD deposits  are coming but no ETA on that. No mention of other currencies.

Actually, you can wire us USD (and just about anything else) to our EUR account but it'll be converted to EUR and you'll be credited with EUR, and when you withdraw we'll send out EUR.  So, you may lose some on the exchange rate back and forth.  We'll eventually offer a number of other reserve currencies so you won't be forced to do the conversion and trade in EUR.

Bitcoin Deposit
    Litcoin Deposit
    SEPA Deposit (EUR only)

So I guess USD deposits  are coming but no ETA on that. No mention of other currencies.
Activity: 668
Merit: 501

Jump to: