Author

Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH - page 349. (Read 628584 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This is pretty cool.

Will you allow USD deposits or deposits in other currencies just as Bitstamp does even if you can only trade in Euros?
vip
Activity: 302
Merit: 253
Ah, appears from looking at the sign up form that you are correct, I just didn't remember selecting a state.  

So, let's say that somehow I selected the wrong state.  Is there a way I can change the state associated with my profile?

You do have the opportunity to make a correction at the time you submit your Tier 1 info.

i dont think that "Republica Moldovenească Nistreană" have any laws regarding this

You're probably right.  Unfortunately, it's going to be a long and ongoing process trying to localize the service.  For now, we're sort of stuck catering to the requirements of the biggest markets.

Will you consider adding a BTC/PPC trading pair?  Also in Safari for me the site doesn't work at all.

We'll consider it but the requirement is basically dev cost + opportunity cost < anticipated PPC trading fees.  If the market is big enough, we'll add it.  Which OS/version for Safari?  Thanks for the report!
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Will you consider adding a BTC/PPC trading pair?  Also in Safari for me the site doesn't work at all.
legendary
Activity: 938
chaos is fun...…damental :)
In the meantime, harass your local lawmakers.
i dont think that "Republica Moldovenească Nistreană" have any laws regarding this
legendary
Activity: 994
I don't think you can create a US account without giving the state.

Ah, appears from looking at the sign up form that you are correct, I just didn't remember selecting a state. 

So, let's say that somehow I selected the wrong state.  Is there a way I can change the state associated with my profile?

Not available in Alaska.  I've not seen a list of states/availability but don't choose AK ;-)
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
I don't think you can create a US account without giving the state.

So, let's say that somehow I selected the wrong state.  Is there a way I can change the state associated with my profile?
vip
Too bad that even to make test trade one needs to give name and phone number :/  not really privacy friendly

Too bad indeed.  We'll be adding a beta-like trial mode back shortly to enable people to test trading without actually having to deposit real funds and provide personal info.  In the meantime, harass your local lawmakers.

ID verification does not seem to work. after submitting a number of times, making sure some of the technicalities are correct (btw filesize on a text-only pdf does not make much sense)
my documents never show up in the list.
also, the file picker seems bugged sometimes.

needs more UI testing i would suggest some more closed beta Smiley

Thanks for the report!  We're aware of some issues with the tier 3 form and we're working to solve them now.  I'll post an update and PM you directly once we have it cleared up.

UPDATE - 2013-sep-09 00:30 PDT
Tier 3 doc upload problem is believed to be solved.  Please attempt to reupload any tier 3 verification docs.
Activity: 668
Merit: 501
ID verification does not seem to work. after submitting a number of times, making sure some of the technicalities are correct (btw filesize on a text-only pdf does not make much sense)
my documents never show up in the list.
also, the file picker seems bugged sometimes.

needs more UI testing i would suggest some more closed beta Smiley
legendary
Activity: 938
chaos is fun...…damental :)
Too bad that even to make test trade one needs to give name and phone number :/  not really privacy friendly
vip
Where are you located?

Most of the team is in San Francisco, CA.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Where are you located?
vip
Lube up—this is going to be no different than opening a bank account.  

This statement alone is going to make me use your service... so much win.

We'll see how you feel after you've been thoroughly probed Tongue

This should be your mascot, with this as the background music.

oh man, that takes me back.  great suggestion!
legendary
Activity: 1820
what are VEN pairs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ven_(currency)

A Ven pair is just a currency pair that has Ven as one of the pairs - i.e. BTC/Ven
legendary
In most US states, including California and New York, we offer no services.

Guess I will not be able to try your service out. Good luck with your venture!

Well, keep in touch, hopefully you'll be able to use our service soon!
legendary
> In most US states, including California and New York, we offer no services.

I get the notice stating:
"Unfortunately, we cannot offer our services in your area at this time. " without actually sharing which U.S. state I am from.  

Was that decision made based on the IP address?  If so, that's not really accurate at the granularity of states.

Incidentally, ... nice work.   I mean really, ...  nice job!  Asking for my PGP (GPG) key so you can encrypt my e-mails?  Why isn't everyone doing that?   And two-factor.  Not just letting me configure it to require two-factor on withdrawals, but giving me the option to have a separate 2FA OTP for trading than the one I have for withdrawals.   Very impressive stuff!

I don't think you can create a US account without giving the state. The state field may have been auto-filled and you didn't notice. Thanks for the compliment and stay tuned - we are working hard to bring our services to more US states.

I work for Payward (Kraken) as vouched for here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1996470
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1498
In most US states, including California and New York, we offer no services.

Guess I will not be able to try your service out. Good luck with your venture!
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
> In most US states, including California and New York, we offer no services.

I get the notice stating:
"Unfortunately, we cannot offer our services in your area at this time. " without actually sharing which U.S. state I am from.  

Was that decision made based on the IP address?  If so, that's not really accurate at the granularity of states.

Incidentally, ... nice work.   I mean really, ...  nice job!  Asking for my PGP (GPG) key so you can encrypt my e-mails?  Why isn't everyone doing that?   And two-factor.  Not just letting me configure it to require two-factor on withdrawals, but giving me the option to have a separate 2FA OTP for trading than the one I have for withdrawals.   Very impressive stuff!
legendary
Activity: 1036

This should be your mascot, with this as the background music.
legendary
Activity: 994
Lube up—this is going to be no different than opening a bank account.  

This statement alone is going to make me use your service... so much win.
Jump to: