Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 31. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
the net hashrate is dropping rapidly. Sad

Not really a bad thing, give the folks that don't have a lot of hash power an opportunity to get some blocks.
but really does no good to the security of network.

In what context of security are you referencing?
less hashpower,less secure.

So you are saying the network difficulty manipulates the 320bit hash?
I mean it's much more easier to launch a 51% attack with low net hashrate.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Not really a bad thing, give the folks that don't have a lot of hash power an opportunity to get some blocks.

So you are saying the network difficulty manipulates the 320bit hash?

It's easier to fork a coin with a low hashrate

If this wallet was built upon an earlier version of the BTC wallet I'd say that is true, this coin has in fact only forked over problems implementing the PID diff calc and people that didn't update their wallets as instructed.

Activity: 216
Merit: 10
Live, Hope, Win

It's easier to fork a coin with a low hashrate

Not really a bad thing, give the folks that don't have a lot of hash power an opportunity to get some blocks.  Also might have something to do with an 11 satoshi bid on the new exchange, that tends to scare off the dumpers.  People that are in it for a quick buck aren't really attractive to the community anyway.
Activity: 329
It does work with nVidia cards but, you are not going to get the same performance seen with AMD cards because, nVidia architecture favors Floating Point over ALU and hashing performance is directly related to the number of ALUs available in the GPU.  
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Is there an Nvidia miner for this yet?

Not an optimized Nvidia miner but the miner that wr104 made does work.

Thanks, I searched around and couldn't find this, is a source or precompile available?

It's in the OP: https://github.com/kryptohash/cgminer-khc/releases

I can't remember which one exactly works for the Nvidia card with multiple gpus. I put mine on something else for now as the 750ti's was only getting about 50 kh/s but the 970 gets about 150 kh/s with the cgminer. I am hoping that when wr104 gets sgminer going it will work better.
Looks like that's AMD only, maybe I'm missing something but checked the readme and install guides and tried it out.

It does work for Nvidia just not the best but it works. Like I posted in the quote the speeds I got on my 750ti ' s and 970.

You need to put in the number of Cuda Cores for the shaders.

I'm on Linux and getting this when trying to compile from source, all the premades were for Windows it seems.

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/cgminer-khc'
  CC     cgminer-cgminer.o
  CC     cgminer-util.o
  CC     cgminer-sha2.o
  CC     cgminer-api.o
  CC     cgminer-logging.o
api.c: In function âmessageâ:
api.c:1421:7: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]
cgminer.c: In function âraw_diffâ:
cgminer.c:3388:26: error: âstruct workâ has no member named âktargetâ
make[2]: *** [cgminer-cgminer.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cgminer-khc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cgminer-khc'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Oh sorry about that. I just assumed you was running Windows.

I have no idea about getting it going on Linux.

It seems you didn't run the configure with the right flags or, you are missing the AMD APP SDK.  Download the APP SDK from here: http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/

Then run:

autoreconf -fvi
      CFLAGS="-O2 -msse2" ./configure --enable-opencl --enable-kryptohash
      make
      strip cgminer.exe

Thanks, someone had said it was for Nvidia cards, so that would explain it not working =)
Dev,we really need another pool.  Angry

Why don't you put one up?  The download link to the python code is available in this thread.  Are you asking for a bounty?  Being that the coin is attracting more attention to exchanges means the dev has to go cross platform for the wallet further so that lengthens his todo list.

On the current pool there are two ports open, one is stratum, and the other is standard http like in solo mining.  Both will accept shares and both can be put in one cgminer conf file if is becoming a problem for you, you can use the load-balance variable in the conf file so your miner will use both but when there is multiple block detection going on your miner will still pause and idle as it has to wait for work.  I've spent many hours mining on the pool, there are a couple things that can generate questions but I didn't note that there was a problem other than the current pool could stand to be run on a little faster hardware.
I am just a miner,setting up a pool is not my job.

And on the other hand, the dev doesn't run a pool.

I won't come up with my own pool. That would constitute a conflict of interest on my part, no different than me setting up my own exchange.

okay ,forget about the pool,someone may do that in the future when the price is up.
how about a bigger exchange?
KHC is good coin,you could contact some exchanges and I think they may like to add it.

Correct, it is a good coin, but I don't think they are looking at explosive growth for pump and dump.  There is plenty of potential in this coin, and I get the feeling they are going about it the right way by not putting the cart before the horse.
Good coins also need promotion,a bigger exchange itself is promoting in some sense.

The 320bit hash algo and use of PID to diff calc sells itself, there is no other coin that has done these things let alone get it stable in the time this coin has, not even BTC did this but then again it is based off a later release of the BTC wallet.  It can also potentially sell itself into trouble if the cart is put before the horse.  The person behind this coin is an adult, there is no gimmick, and you'll find that adults are pretty FUD resistant when compared to the kids behind a [scrypt'jane+mo+frank'] coins which are based entirely off the LTC wallet.  Pretty sure that when dev is satisfied with his creation's ability to serve the masses, then he will undoubtedly move to promote it.  Until that time he has the ability to make it rock solid without the stress of debug and release growing pains involved in multiple code bases.
what does that region code for?  Huh
DEV,when will the IOS and Android wallet come out?

They are the next items on my To Do list.  The Android wallet will come first since that's what I got on my Smartphone.   Cheesy

DEV,when will the IOS and Android wallet come out?
More than half the net hashrate is solo mining,not in the pool. Cheesy
Activity: 94

Why don't you put one up?  The download link to the python code is available in this thread.  Are you asking for a bounty?  Being that the coin is attracting more attention to exchanges means the dev has to go cross platform for the wallet further so that lengthens his todo list.

On the current pool there are two ports open, one is stratum, and the other is standard http like in solo mining.  Both will accept shares and both can be put in one cgminer conf file if is becoming a problem for you, you can use the load-balance variable in the conf file so your miner will use both but when there is multiple block detection going on your miner will still pause and idle as it has to wait for work.  I've spent many hours mining on the pool, there are a couple things that can generate questions but I didn't note that there was a problem other than the current pool could stand to be run on a little faster hardware.

I won't come up with my own pool. That would constitute a conflict of interest on my part, no different than me setting up my own exchange.

okay ,forget about the pool,someone may do that in the future when the price is up.
KHC is good coin,you could contact some exchanges and I think they may like to add it.

Correct, it is a good coin, but I don't think they are looking at explosive growth for pump and dump.  There is plenty of potential in this coin, and I get the feeling they are going about it the right way by not putting the cart before the horse.
Good coins also need promotion,a bigger exchange itself is promoting in some sense.

Activity: 94

BTW, I'm working on a new cgminer-khc version that I'm expecting to release by tomorrow.

More details to come.

Pages:
Jump to: