Author

Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched! - page 414. (Read 1466152 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Takeown the AppData folder and set Full Control permission.

sometimes windows 7 sucks a lot.
Fuck yes it does.  Of course it was something basic, I had to triple check every possible tabbed window with checkbox options to find a fucking Deny permission, really sorry guys, I swear I'll go full on Linux one day, I just don't have the time.  Thanks guys.
mrx
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

I just pulled that from Google images, but that is the the window stopping point for me.  Folders can be seen.  I have show all folders, show hidden files, all that jazz, I am one of those odd computer users that doesn't like my files inaccessible to myself, so I think this is why it is bugging me.  If anyone has a direct way to help, I guess PM or something, I don't want to clog up this thread with such a basic seeming issue.   Also, can someone say that they can't get this working on their Macbook so I can feel a little less retarded here lol

Takeown the AppData folder and set Full Control permission.

sometimes windows 7 sucks a lot.

I just pulled that from Google images, but that is the the window stopping point for me.  Folders can be seen.  I have show all folders, show hidden files, all that jazz, I am one of those odd computer users that doesn't like my files inaccessible to myself, so I think this is why it is bugging me.  If anyone has a direct way to help, I guess PM or something, I don't want to clog up this thread with such a basic seeming issue.   Also, can someone say that they can't get this working on their Macbook so I can feel a little less retarded here lol
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
I fucking hate Windows 7.  Only because I don't use it so don't get the little changes still.  I have no access to the Application Data folder, and even so the icon is just shortcut to something else.  I was reading how Win7 changed the Doc and Settings to Users and other little changes, but it seems one of the changes is I have no actual Application Data folder.   Sorry guys to throw this in the thread, if anyone knows the quick easy way around whatever this is, thanks.  Otherwise I guess I will just make a master .conf file to copy and paste to every directory till the right one is found :p

I'll be throwing this on an XP machine I guess, but I am curious about what changes Win7 made with all this shit, I am way late to finding all this out lol
do you have [show hidden files] selected in folder properties?
mrx
I fucking hate Windows 7.  Only because I don't use it so don't get the little changes still.  I have no access to the Application Data folder, and even so the icon is just shortcut to something else.  I was reading how Win7 changed the Doc and Settings to Users and other little changes, but it seems one of the changes is I have no actual Application Data folder.   Sorry guys to throw this in the thread, if anyone knows the quick easy way around whatever this is, thanks.  Otherwise I guess I will just make a master .conf file to copy and paste to every directory till the right one is found :p

I'll be throwing this on an XP machine I guess, but I am curious about what changes Win7 made with all this shit, I am way late to finding all this out lol

If you like, you can use Administrator account all the time.

I'm doing this since Windows Vista, and have not been bothered by UAC and those sh**ty folder permission things.

---

I mean the built-in Administrator account, not any user created accounts assigned as administrator.

However, the security level will decrease. (anyway who cares on Windows???)
Activity: 633

Make sure you are showing hidden files and folders.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross

http://superuser.com/

mrx
Has anyone succesfully tried minerd as litecoin miner?

I used minerd from tenebrix pack and mined 2900 litecoin on testnet.

returned to tenebrix.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Has anyone succesfully tried minerd as litecoin miner?
Activity: 633
Noob question, where does one find a proper place to put a .conf file in Windows 7?   The c:/users folder does not seem to have an equivalent directory for this. 

Put it in C:\Users\Owner\App Data\Roaming\Litecoin

Open notepad and use the line "testnet=1".  Save as litecoin.conf (make sure it isn't saved as a .txt file in any way).

Litecoin should open in testnet now.
mrx
Noob question, where does one find a proper place to put a .conf file in Windows 7?   The c:/users folder does not seem to have an equivalent directory for this. 

%APPDATA%\Litecoin\

which equals to

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Litecoin\

You have to create the conf file manually I think.
mrx
Litecoin remembers Steve Jobs forever.
Genesis block info:
Code:
+        const char* pszTimestamp = "The Times 05/Oct/2011 Steve Jobs, Apple’s Visionary, Dies at 56";

RIP Steve.

P.S.: Fixed wrong address in Abe.

Code:
        "address_version": "\u006f",
        "magic": "\u00fb\u00c0\u00b6\u00db"
Someone may need these info.
mrx
An Abe block explorer for Litecoin testnet:

http://misterx.tk:2750/

maybe I will add main chain when Litecoin launches.

--

cannot get the daemon working currently....

--

working again now. the whole network was just down? I couldn't get my miner working and no new blocks too.

Bug: forgot about magic and addr ver things...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
I think a time based difficulty change (every 24 hours), combined with blocks found / per hour, is a must have.
One lesson learnt from the original i0coin, time based difficulty changes are a disaster. Multiple nodes disagreeing on the time resulting in block chain forks.
Activity: 756
That is lightning fast!

http://misterx.tk:2750/

mrx

http://misterx.tk:2750/ new things incubating

--

cannot get the daemon working currently....

--

working again now. the whole network was just down? I couldn't get my miner working and no new blocks too.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
I think a time based difficulty change (every 24 hours), combined with blocks found / per hour, is a must have.

You can still run up to the situation where you have to wait weeks before difficulty drops.
Activity: 756
I think we can use the same minerd from tenebrix to mine Litecoin.
Jump to: