Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LiteDoge - such Community coin | no premine | very fast | much profit - page 74. (Read 125384 times)

Activity: 233
Merit: 100
I masternode, now do i set one up?

Please read the original (first) post.  There are no masternodes.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
I masternode, now do i set one up?
Activity: 426
Merit: 250
The "right version to use so far, is v1.0.0.1-g32a928e. This is the safest choice and is fully compatible with all exchanges. Actually, all exchanges would need to implement changes if they wanted to support the newest wallet, with the masternode feature.

You can download it here (Windows version):
https://bitbucket.org/ctgiant/litedoge/downloads/Litedoge-Qt-Win.zip

The newer wallet (supporting masternodes) will fork on June 14th - and I suspect it is forking already because the checkpoint server implemented in it is turned off. Additionally, keep in mind two things:
1. We haven't been able to make a masternode using a Windows wallet and we have heard of no one that succeeded. The old dev insists that "a guy" made a masternode using a Windows wallet but this is probably crap.
2. Masternodes get the 2/3 of each stake, this means that if a masternode appears on the network each and every one of us will start getting 10,000 LDOGE for each stake. Take a look at my wallet  below, on June 1st some masternodes were active for a while:

This is extremely bad for those who want to stake and don't have a shitload of coins and hurts those who would like to invest too. Don't get me wrong, I find the idea of masternodes very appealing too and with the coins I have I could make some..... but common sense tells me to forget about it, stop being greedy and just keep on staking. It is not like DASH/DRK, where you need a few thousands of dollars to make a masternode, even a 6yo kid can raise 5M LDOGE right now.
Activity: 298
can someone tell me what version wallet we are using?

Bump.

And can someone clarify the masternode situation? It sounds like on a certain day the folks running the masternode version of the wallet will fork from the others not using that version of the wallet. Is this 100% true?

Which version is the "community owned" wallet that will continue to be developed moving forward?

The official wallets are on the "official" repo right now, which is located in the ANN of this thread.  The windows wallet is the one that was initially labeled litedoge-4-19.zip or something like that and should be labeled 1.0.0.1 (I don't have it running since I am using a Mac, so I can't give you the exact version).  The Mac Version is 1.0.0.2.

The reason that the version number changed for the Mac wallet is because of the GUI changes yet to be implemented on the windows wallet.

Edit: Forgot to address the blockchain forking.  Yes it will fork.  This is 100% true.  If you are using the "new" wallet with the masternode code the wallet will fork on June 14th.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Bump.

And can someone clarify the masternode situation? It sounds like on a certain day the folks running the masternode version of the wallet will fork from the others not using that version of the wallet. Is this 100% true?

Which version is the "community owned" wallet that will continue to be developed moving forward?

My understanding is the wallet previous the masternodes with version v1.0.0.1-g32a928e is the proper one to use at this time.  This is linked in the first post of this new ANN Community Takeover thread.

People using the newest wallet that the dev released will begin forking at a certain date, and also that version of the wallet has a checkpoint server hardcoded which is taken offline by the dev.

Wallet v1.0.0.1-g32a928e is hardcoded for MinerFTW checkpoint server which is online and all is running great.

In Summary, For a good time and such staking, use wallet v1.0.0.1-g32a928e on Page 1 of this ANN. Smiley STEAK ON my fellow LDOGES.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Bump.

I think the most important thing is which version wallet any exchange is running. To move forward we need to make certain any exchanges run the "community owned" wallet, after we find out which version it is.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

Bump.

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Normally I never do this.. But..

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE THREAD aquitasIJ.

You are done.

You made the money you wanted.

The coin will not go to 0, there is so many people who have invested into the coin that its almost impossible.
You are no longer the dev of the coin, and you have no say.

And stop blaming minerftw about everything.
I tried to setup the masternode and it did not work.
And the "help" I get from you was not something I could use.

Shitty dev, looks like you did this for the money, and not for the fun of it.

If anyone wants to throw him a email you can hit him up at [email protected]
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Just finished a 14 hour shift, so forgive me if I sound short, I don't mean to be!

There are lots of vocal people in this thread, all with idea's some bad some not so bad IMO only.

But there are also disagreements going on which from the outside look bad.

So we cant go on like this can we, it will just be going back and forth for weeks in here.

So I propose this:

I will set up a forum on the back of one of my sites, with a public thread where people can request to join the development of this coin, be it coding, PR, nodes, or any other thing you think you can bring to this coin.

Give us all a brief outline of what you can bring to LDOGE, everyone that wants to be involved at the top of the tree will then get added to a poll and voted on ( By everyone ) an be placed in that position.

Having been voted in I will then create a new sub forum, where they and only they can access, where they/you can argue over points in private, then when a consensus has been reached, can relate the information here in the now official ANN thread.

At the moment I'm sure we all look like a bunch a muppets in here rowing over things.

If people are happy for me to do this then please reply, and I will.

Do you need help with this?
Activity: 440
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Short goals should be
- fix high pos
- start community forum
- get a active twitter/facebook

Long term goals
- add more services
- get a skilled dev
- get a fund running to pay for bounties

Is there a reward for starting a forum?
I can open one on Bitcoinupdate.nl

I was thinking of this also. We can raise a fund with donations, whatever each one wants to offer and let those coins stake in a wallet till they are needed. Again, the community must control those funds, not a person alone.
- You should run it since you iniated the takeover

Only if the majority of other members agree to this. It is a big responsibility and you can be accused for stealing very easily.

Although..... I will say it again, maybe the title of the thread does not reflect the truth exactly, the old dev abandoned everything and started selling at 1 satoshi to kill the coin and I only contacted a few members and decided to start this thread in order to get over this. It is not like we took over from him, we only stood up and moved forward as soon as he left.

Well the only person worthy of this is you, since most of the old gang left.

I would trust you with some LDOGE, maybe in a few weeks i would trust you with even more LDOGE, with time you earn trust, but we need to get it started right away.

Can't accept that role for now. Let's hear what others have to say first and we will see.
Activity: 109

I was thinking of this also. We can raise a fund with donations, whatever each one wants to offer and let those coins stake in a wallet till they are needed. Again, the community must control those funds, not a person alone.

Only if the majority of other members agree to this. It is a big responsibility and you can be accused for stealing very easily.

Although..... I will say it again, maybe the title of the thread does not reflect the truth exactly, the old dev abandoned everything and started selling at 1 satoshi to kill the coin and I only contacted a few members and decided to start this thread in order to get over this. It is not like we took over from him, we only stood up and moved forward as soon as he left.

Well the only person worthy of this is you, since most of the old gang left.

I would trust you with some LDOGE, maybe in a few weeks i would trust you with even more LDOGE, with time you earn trust, but we need to get it started right away.

There are 40M litedoge created every day. Most of it goes to the exchanges, this was the problem for the slow rise in price.

till block 130k > 30k, then slowly lower it to
block 135k > 10k
block 140k > 3k > 4M new litedoge everyday.

40M litedoge is .40 BTC
4M litedoge is .04 BTC (i could eat this up if it goes to an exchange)

It wouldn't be so high..... originally, it was supposed to be much lower. But after the coin forked about two months ago, it was community's decision to keep the reward so high, to compensate loses. And now, after the old dev's movement, there are more losses to compensate.

Also, the high stake reward makes people investing in this coin, they can get a serious profit out of it, especially now that it is unthinkably cheap.

My stakes (and I know for sure for several others too) never go into exchanges, I only buy.
And don't forget that there are 1440 blocks per day, 5000 blocks are eaten up in 3.5 days or so.

You got a solid point regarding the losses. However block 130k is at least 3 weeks away?

I check the exchanges daily and the sell wall at 2 satoshi gets bigger, so either way we are losing investors attention or high pos..

Let's hope the community forum gets running fast, so we can brainstorm more seriously on what to do and micro tasks.

I think we are still seeing the impact of the decision aquitasIJ made. Soon after he quit, there were no buy orders and sells were at 1 satoshi. This happened approx. two days ago. It needs time to get back to normal and don't forget that many are taking advantage to buy cheap and sell with 100% profit.

It will not stay at 2 satoshi, as soon as people realize that things are running smoothly it will raise, we have no problems at all. We actually got rid of the biggest one.
Short goals should be
- fix high pos
- start community forum

Long term goals
- add more services
- get a skilled dev

- fix high pos
you can tell your idea to the devs directly, if they don't reply here: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#Litedoge
- will do that when i go on irc

- start community forum
Besides this thread, we are waiting for developments on a new website, I think there will be a forum there also.
- ok good

I'm not messing with those, even if you pay me, whoever wants to take responsibility is welcomed. Mind you, the email account used to register the new twitter/facebook accounts must be controlled by the community, otherwise do not even attempt this.
- yes which domain will we use. i will contact them

- add more services
shoot your ideas
- payment providers?

- get a skilled dev
there are three, you can find them at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#Litedoge
. ok

There are 40M litedoge created every day. Most of it goes to the exchanges, this was the problem for the slow rise in price.

block 135k > 10k

40M litedoge is .40 BTC

It wouldn't be so high..... originally, it was supposed to be much lower. But after the coin forked about two months ago, it was community's decision to keep the reward so high, to compensate loses. And now, after the old dev's movement, there are more losses to compensate.

Also, the high stake reward makes people investing in this coin, they can get a serious profit out of it, especially now that it is unthinkably cheap.

My stakes (and I know for sure for several others too) never go into exchanges, I only buy.
And don't forget that there are 1440 blocks per day, 5000 blocks are eaten up in 3.5 days or so.

You got a solid point regarding the losses. However block 130k is at least 3 weeks away?

I check the exchanges daily and the sell wall at 2 satoshi gets bigger, so either way we are losing investors attention or high pos..

Let's hope the community forum gets running fast, so we can brainstorm more seriously on what to do and micro tasks.
Short goals should be
- fix high pos
- start community forum

Long term goals
- add more services
- get a skilled dev

- fix high pos
you can tell your idea to the devs directly, if they don't reply here: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#Litedoge

- start community forum
Besides this thread, we are waiting for developments on a new website, I think there will be a forum there also.

I'm not messing with those, even if you pay me, whoever wants to take responsibility is welcomed. Mind you, the email account used to register the new twitter/facebook accounts must be controlled by the community, otherwise do not even attempt this.

- add more services
shoot your ideas

- get a skilled dev
there are three, you can find them at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#Litedoge

block 135k > 10k

40M litedoge is .40 BTC

Short goals should be
- fix high pos
- start community forum

Long term goals
- add more services
- get a skilled dev
Pages:
Jump to: