Author

Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets - page 119. (Read 144610 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Will someone be so kind to explain me just how this thing went from 0.005CHF to 0.05 CHF in 24 hours without being traded anywhere?!??? Don't tell me the issuer just woke up today with a nice hard-on after a good 24h ico start and just put up a 10x the initial price Huh

Lykke is much more structured like a company than others. Difficult it to compare to blockchain native coins. The company will generate revenue and profit itself. Shares are sold in funding rounds like companies as well.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Smooth wallet. Nice presentation. ICO...not so sure but I will keep watching.
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Will someone be so kind to explain me just how this thing went from 0.005CHF to 0.05 CHF in 24 hours without being traded anywhere?!??? Don't tell me the issuer just woke up today with a nice hard-on after a good 24h ico start and just put up a 10x the initial price Huh
day 2: 277,069 CHF total raised

The only way to buy Lykke is through the app?    Huh

Why not? Lykke is a ColoredCoin on top of Bitcoin, not a native blockchain currency.  More information on : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Colored_Coins
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
The only way to buy Lykke is through the app?    Huh
Response from our CTO

"Both bitcoins and colored coins are stored on the multisig bitcoin address.
Private key is stored on the client's side. The only way to recover BTC funds is to use 12 words seed backup. Backup and recovery private key functions will be available both on android and iphone LykkeWallet app shortly."
Hi, did install the wallet and it works really smoothly Smiley
my question:
- where are the funds actually stored? in the blockchain or local in some kind of wallet.dat?
I mean in case the phone gets lost or defect, does installing the wallet on a new phone and login with my initial email-address and password recover the funds?
cheers

Here is a blog post about the scheme:
https://lykke.com/city/blog/2016-07-14/lykkemultisignaturewallets

We probably need a FAQ for this, let me get back to you on that.
Activity: 125
my question:
- where are the funds actually stored? in the blockchain or local in some kind of wallet.dat?
I mean in case the phone gets lost or defect, does installing the wallet on a new phone and login with my initial email-address and password recover the funds?
cheers

You had to write down the backup-key: 12 words.

With that you can restore the wallet if your phone should be damaged or something like that.

interesting, during the installation process I was never asked for a back-up key neither was any key displayed to write down... Huh
only password (one single word) and PIN had to be defined.

IOS or Android?

I'm on IOS. But what I don't remember is if it was mandatory or it's possible to skip that. If that should be possible, maybe you just didn't see and skipped it kind of inadvertently...?

I am using Android.
hmm, in case I inadvertently skipped it then it's a bad "feature" that this is even possible as it makes absolutely no sense to skip that option.

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
my question:
cheers

With that you can restore the wallet if your phone should be damaged or something like that.

interesting, during the installation process I was never asked for a back-up key neither was any key displayed to write down... Huh

IOS or Android?

I'm on IOS. But what I don't remember is if it was mandatory or it's possible to skip that. If that should be possible, maybe you just didn't see and skipped it kind of inadvertently...?

my question:
cheers

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
my question:
cheers

my question:
cheers
Can I buy LKK coins privately?  Roll Eyes

Via coinprism I suppose. Its not "officially" supported, because coinprism is not under control of Lykke. Please see section F about risks here: https://lykke.com/Lykke_Corp_Placement_Memorandum.pdf

Can we convert coinprism tokens to the platform?

In principle any ColoredCoin as Openasset can be supported. Lykke depends on the notion of "issuers". There will likely be different kinds of issuers, but ultimately these will be different kinds of financial institutions or intermediaries. So listings are vetted to some extent. Lykke is the ideal project to find  these partners. Some project which just allows any issued coin might have it difficult to convince those stakeholders.

We have a pro AML and regulatory framework. Some of the ICO founds will go to acquiring broker/dealer licenses in several countries. The team had extensive discussions with regulators across many jurisdictions and has acquired its first license. Also, UK company is registered for our UK Operations
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10373716

I encourage anyone to ask questions, compile information and become involved. All software and knowledge is opensource.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
Can I buy LKK coins privately?  Roll Eyes

Via coinprism I suppose. Its not "officially" supported, because coinprism is not under control of Lykke. Please see section F about risks here: https://lykke.com/Lykke_Corp_Placement_Memorandum.pdf

Can we convert coinprism tokens to the platform?
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

Yeah, I know David since some years. Didn't he left Switzerland to move to London? But anyway a great guy. And Nick Szabo in the Advisory Board as well.
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
Will Blog about this today.
Can I buy LKK coins privately?  Roll Eyes

Jump to: