Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MAGA] Magacoin - Build the Wall! -- NO PREMINE | NO ICO/CROWDFUND - page 6. (Read 17659 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
My address even does not appear on the website.

How many shares you found already?
It seems the address is only reported after the miner reports a few shares

However I'm not receiving any payments even after a couple hours...
Activity: 3
My address even does not appear on the website.
This is the pool I have mined, also my address. No coin payment after 2 hours
minerd.exe -o stratum+tcp://pool.onepool.online:5000 -u ARMTrDNp3F9Kg9hzCkagoUJLFVKCncEx6Y -p x
Activity: 385
Merit: 257
Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana
I dont know what is happening with your mining but i have also been mining on the same pool with MRR at about 1MH/s and i have been receiving payments
The mining pool is a scam. Have it run for 2 hours with many accepted result but no payment.
Activity: 19
I'm new to mining, can someone tell me why in the minerd I'm getting 9 khash per threads (4 in total) but in the pool my address appears with 450 khash, which seems much more that it was supposed?
There a 25 workers on the pool mining at a summed hashrate of 1.5GH/s
My old dell laptop's dual core CPU will do me no good Grin

Activity: 831
Merit: 500
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
Hi everyone, I would really like to mine this one. But I don't know what to do. I'm not a programmer or a developer... I'm just an Art teacher who happens to like cryptos. I'm also new to this... May I ask someone to make a step by step dumb down tutorial on how to mine Magacoin?

Here's the info for my PC:

processor: Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Ram: 16 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I would really appreciate if someone help me how to mine this... thank you very much!

1. Download the windows wallet. Run it and let it sync. Shut it down.
2. Make a new configuration file or change the one that is already in the file folder C:/local disk/Users/(your user name/AppData/Roaming/Magacoin. Use the examples in this thread.
3. Download the miner. Now, you can either run it from the windows command line using the code from earlier in this thread or make a batch file, like earlier in this thread, in the same folder as where you unzipped the miner files.

My conf file:

server=1
rpcuser=******
rpcpassword=******
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

My bat file:

minerd.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:5332 -u ****** -p ****** --coinbase-addr=(your wallet address here)

4. Start the wallet and let it sync again with the new conf file. Shut it down and restart once more.
5. Start the miner. It should show you the hashes per thread now. If you get some error messages, go back and check your batch and configuration files and make sure the information matches in each file.

Hi RB25, I really appreciate your reply. I tried doing everything you said.

1. "Download the windows wallet. Run it and let it sync. Shut it down." (CHECK!)
2. "Make a new configuration file or change the one that is already in the file folder C:/local disk/Users/(your user name/AppData/Roaming/Magacoin. Use the examples in this thread." (CHECK!) I did just like you.

server=1
rpcuser=*************
rpcpassword=*************
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

I also closed the wallet and synced it again.

3. "Download the miner. Now, you can either run it from the windows command line using the code from earlier in this thread or make a batch file, like earlier in this thread, in the same folder as where you unzipped the miner files."

I downloaded the magaminer-win64, unzipped it, then I made a magacoin.bat inside the folder of magaminer-win64.

Then I opened may Command Prompt, dragged the minerd.exe in the cmd, then hit enter. then it said, no URL supplied Try 'minerd --help' for more information.

I also tried opening it as administrator, but still the same...

I also tried double clicking the magacoin.bat file but command prompt just appeared then closes again so fast I can't read what's in it. I  printscreen it, and it says the same thing: no URL supplied Try 'minerd --help' for more information.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry I'm just a noob... maybe there's something that I'm not doing right.

is it because I can't stall my Java?

I really want to mine this coin... please help... I really appreciate any help... thank you very much...

Don't drag the minerd program into a cmd.

Instead, double click the magacoin.bat file after you open the wallet program.
But first you need to edit the batch file to have

minerd.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:5332 -u ****** -p ****** --coinbase-addr=(your wallet address here)

it it, but with the info you put into the magacoin.conf

and the wallet address can be copied from the wallet program itself at "receiving address"

Thanks stealth. Just remember to put the batch file in the same folder as the minerd application file and make sure the user and password match your conf file. I forgot that one an it took me 10mins to figure it out.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Hi everyone, I would really like to mine this one. But I don't know what to do. I'm not a programmer or a developer... I'm just an Art teacher who happens to like cryptos. I'm also new to this... May I ask someone to make a step by step dumb down tutorial on how to mine Magacoin?

I would really appreciate if someone help me how to mine this... thank you very much!

2. Make a new configuration file or change the one that is already in the file folder C:/local disk/Users/(your user name/AppData/Roaming/Magacoin. Use the examples in this thread.
3. Download the miner. Now, you can either run it from the windows command line using the code from earlier in this thread or make a batch file, like earlier in this thread, in the same folder as where you unzipped the miner files.

My conf file:

server=1
rpcuser=******
rpcpassword=******
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

My bat file:

4. Start the wallet and let it sync again with the new conf file. Shut it down and restart once more.
5. Start the miner. It should show you the hashes per thread now. If you get some error messages, go back and check your batch and configuration files and make sure the information matches in each file.

1. "Download the windows wallet. Run it and let it sync. Shut it down." (CHECK!)
2. "Make a new configuration file or change the one that is already in the file folder C:/local disk/Users/(your user name/AppData/Roaming/Magacoin. Use the examples in this thread." (CHECK!) I did just like you.

server=1
rpcuser=*************
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

3. "Download the miner. Now, you can either run it from the windows command line using the code from earlier in this thread or make a batch file, like earlier in this thread, in the same folder as where you unzipped the miner files."

I downloaded the magaminer-win64, unzipped it, then I made a magacoin.bat inside the folder of magaminer-win64.

Then I opened may Command Prompt, dragged the minerd.exe in the cmd, then hit enter. then it said, no URL supplied Try 'minerd --help' for more information.

I also tried double clicking the magacoin.bat file but command prompt just appeared then closes again so fast I can't read what's in it. I  printscreen it, and it says the same thing: no URL supplied Try 'minerd --help' for more information.

What am I doing wrong?

I really want to mine this coin... please help... I really appreciate any help... thank you very much...

Don't drag the minerd program into a cmd.

Instead, double click the magacoin.bat file after you open the wallet program.
But first you need to edit the batch file to have

it it, but with the info you put into the magacoin.conf

and the wallet address can be copied from the wallet program itself at "receiving address"
Activity: 294
Merit: 100

My conf file:

server=1
rpcuser=******
rpcpassword=******
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

My bat file:

server=1
rpcuser=*************
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

What am I doing wrong?

@mktorn, i would like to propose that you set a 2% miner fee from your pool to the Dev's wallet.
There is still a lot for him to do if this crypto is gonna succeed and gain some real traction in the market.
It includes the website, android wallet, ios wallet, explorer, and many more. these cost money and effort from Dev.
there aren't many fair cryptos these days.
you can still keep the 1% thus making it a total fee of 3%. All this will be added to OP for everyone to know.
Activity: 38
Oh wow, it looks like we hit 1GH/s already. I was not expecting this to happen so soon.

MAGA
Activity: 38
So, whats the road-map for magacoin? Any plans to expand to exchanges?
My plans at the moment are strictly to continue work on the Magacoin client and surrounding infrastructure, such as the web site which will be ready in a few days. If any one has ideas for Magacoin, please send them my way. I want this to be a community project and welcome input from all.

As for getting listed on exchanges, I feel that is ultimately up to the MAGA community and the exchange operators. I want this to be listed not because I convinced an exchange operator, but rather because the value of Magacoin provided a natural incentive to the exchanges.

I don't know what my address is... how can i find it pls?
Open the Magacoin wallet, click on the 'Receive' tab, and then press the 'Request payment' button. A window should pop up with an address that you can use to receive MAGA.

• get a logo
  • ask the pool owners to give you 1% fee from pool
  • update the OP as time goes on; you shouldnt necessarily post it as reply
  • get twitter, telegram, slack group and other social
  • Get an address, both BTC and MAGA that investors can donate to to support you
Thank you for the suggestions and feedback! I've already made a logo for Magacoin, but I'm not allowed to embed images on here yet. I've added it as a link on the OP for now.

As for donations, perhaps in the future... This project is still in its infancy and I don't feel as though I have done enough to ask for anything in return. Besides, the fun I get from working on Magacoin is enough to keep me going.

New pool available at https://onepool.online/ with 1% pool fee

Just use "-o stratum+tcp://pool.onepool.online:5000 -u -p x" on the command line for your miners
It was bound to happen sooner or later, congrats on being the first pool operator! I did notice one small bug though... the web UI says blocks instead of bricks, very misleading!  Grin  Grin  Grin

I updated the OP with a link to your post so people can find your pool.

MAGA
Activity: 14
Tried in two Linux Mint machines. Both "stratum_subscribe send failed".

Code:
./minerd -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.onepool.online:5000 -u -p x
Activity: 57
Are you seeing any other errors before that?
Nah that's all. Tried in my win7 machine and it's working fine however.
What software/OS were you using on the one that failed with the error? Can you paste the command line you were using to run it here? I want to debug and see if I can reproduce the issue to ensure it is not happening to other people too.
Nah that's all. Tried in my win7 machine and it's working fine however.
Activity: 57

Just use "-o stratum+tcp://pool.onepool.online:5000 -u -p x" on the command line for your miners

cool
whats the payout frequency?
thx

Payout frequency is 10 minutes with a 50 coin minimum threshold for payout.

The blocks do take a while to confirm since it needs 31+ confirmations on the network before the funds become added to the wallet.

I mined at your pool for about 10 minutes. Never saw my worker show up in the list and found a lot of blocks. How long to update page to show workers and what is the payout time?
It should show up pretty quickly on the list, not sure why it didn't. This is currently pretty much a normal install of UNOMP with some minor tweaks to make it compaitble with NodeJS v6 and to understand brick RPC calls, still working on modifying it more.

getting a "stratum_subscribe send failed" error

getting a "stratum_subscribe send failed" error
Activity: 831
Merit: 500
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
What is the benefit of mining?

If you mine early, you can get a lot of coins before people pick up on it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
What is the benefit of mining?
Pages:
Jump to: