Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN - page 93. (Read 283116 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
Just finding a price where the dumpers want to get out at. I'm just getting started this weekend  Wink

PM me your target price for the weekend
That's collusion.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Just finding a price where the dumpers want to get out at. I'm just getting started this weekend  Wink

PM me your target price for the weekend
Activity: 252
Merit: 120
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
https://cryptassist.io
Pool down...
[Added later] Back up again...

Sorry for the brief outage on the pool, I had to patch my firewall and the pool for the bash exploit (dubed shellshock), and the patches required a reboot. Everything is back up and running now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Pool down...

Thanks for the report. I'll let him know to post it here next time an update is getting pushed live. Sorry about that

Quote from: IRC:
pool going down for a bit for system updates

You can always use the Maieuticoin Ticket System for both coin and pool support
Pool down...
[Added later] Back up again...
Activity: 658
Respect All Fear None
When we going to land on the moon with this coin, this weekend looks like a good weekend to climb aboard the space ship
So just like that MMXIV has been completely abandoned? What about existing coins floating around in wallets? Imagine if one day BTC suddenly disappeared and, hey, now we have BTC2! I don't see why you'd throw away the existing block chain, coins, addresses, etc and relaunch as a new coin. If its meant to be a currency network how can you suddenly make changes like this and tell everyone their coins are worth nothing?

Yes, it's completely abandoned. The reason was simple. The blockchain was not secure. Not only were the mining rewards next to nothing, but the hashrate was extremely low. Now with pure stake securing the network, any attacks on the blockchain can now be thwarted before they even begin

Well, I guess its the standard way for coins now. Oh the coin isn't working out, hey lets launch another, because there aren't enough already. What about the previous transactions and accounts? Who cares...

Nothing like a stable coin!

The balance you had on MMXIV was credited to you in the new one in a 1:1 exchange.  I did mine on Bittrex it wasn't hard to do

The staking actually works well. And that's coming from someone who doesn't usually like POS

Correct, the balances were transferred over from MMXIV. Whatever you had on there was sent to you on your new address; on a very secure blockchain. We left the window open to switch over open (after the huge switch on Bittrex) for over 6 weeks. There was plenty of time

I am very confident having anyone review our code, or prove how secure it really is

Its easy to say 'there was plenty of time' but with the amount of coins out there it really isn't, these sort of changes you only know about when its too late. It simply isn't practical to regularly check if a coins about to undergo a change rendering any existing coins worthless. I don't ring my local fiat currency exchange everyday to make sure the notes in my wallet are still valid, its effectively the same thing.

We had to make a judgement call on how to properly secure the blockchain. That was the safest route
Activity: 420
So just like that MMXIV has been completely abandoned? What about existing coins floating around in wallets? Imagine if one day BTC suddenly disappeared and, hey, now we have BTC2! I don't see why you'd throw away the existing block chain, coins, addresses, etc and relaunch as a new coin. If its meant to be a currency network how can you suddenly make changes like this and tell everyone their coins are worth nothing?

Yes, it's completely abandoned. The reason was simple. The blockchain was not secure. Not only were the mining rewards next to nothing, but the hashrate was extremely low. Now with pure stake securing the network, any attacks on the blockchain can now be thwarted before they even begin

Well, I guess its the standard way for coins now. Oh the coin isn't working out, hey lets launch another, because there aren't enough already. What about the previous transactions and accounts? Who cares...

The balance you had on MMXIV was credited to you in the new one in a 1:1 exchange.  I did mine on Bittrex it wasn't hard to do

The staking actually works well. And that's coming from someone who doesn't usually like POS

Correct, the balances were transferred over from MMXIV. Whatever you had on there was sent to you on your new address; on a very secure blockchain. We left the window open to switch over open (after the huge switch on Bittrex) for over 6 weeks. There was plenty of time

I am very confident having anyone review our code, or prove how secure it really is

Its easy to say 'there was plenty of time' but with the amount of coins out there it really isn't, these sort of changes you only know about when its too late. It simply isn't practical to regularly check if a coins about to undergo a change rendering any existing coins worthless. I don't ring my local fiat currency exchange everyday to make sure the notes in my wallet are still valid, its effectively the same thing.

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

We now have a mobile news aggregator for Maieuticoin for both Android and Windows Based Devices. This will sync up with several social media sites including Twitter, Reddit, and the Maieuticoin Forums to give you all the current Maieuticoin information

It's a bit of a step up from the mailing list you guys were asking for. I told you to be patient  Wink

I hope you still will use the email list. Looks like you don't care about Blackberry users.

I'm doing my best. You refuse to use IRC because you say it's too old. Blackberry is too outdated to spend development time on such a small target audience

The email list will only be used for super important notifications, such as hard forks. Although there are no plans for one...should the need arise, we will also send alerts across the network so the update message shows in everyone's client, as well
No, I don't use IRC because it's got to be the worst chat interface I've ever seen and I don't have time to hang out in a chat room all day. Seriously, it doesn't even show you if anyone else is in the chat room! I find it rather convenient to click on a link when bitcointalk tells me a new message has been posted.

Some good action on Bittrex tonight. Great prices!
We now have a mobile news aggregator for Maieuticoin for both Android and Windows Based Devices. This will sync up with several social media sites including Twitter, Reddit, and the Maieuticoin Forums to give you all the current Maieuticoin information

It's a bit of a step up from the mailing list you guys were asking for. I told you to be patient  Wink

I hope you still will use the email list. Looks like you don't care about Blackberry users.

I'm doing my best. You refuse to use IRC because you say it's too old. Blackberry is too outdated to spend development time on such a small target audience

The email list will only be used for super important notifications, such as hard forks. Although there are no plans for one...should the need arise, we will also send alerts across the network so the update message shows in everyone's client, as well

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Wow peeps still  use bb??
OP assumes that if you hold this coin you read this thread every day and are up to date on all developments. He's since added a few other communication methods which helps.

Is there a post somewhere that summarises all of the MMXIV changes? There isn't any useful info in the OP. From what I can tell there's an entirely new wallet which has a new address format and the coin has a different name now? What happens to the old balances? Does everyone need to generate new addresses now? Are old addresses no longer valid? Why is this? Is it still SHA256?

MMXIV is now completely obsolete. Those screenshots are from an early version, it all shows Maieuticoin once you download it. The old chain is gone, any coins still on there are worth nothing

Maieuticoin was initially SHA with no reward, just to transition smoothly into Proof of Stake. We took the 2014 MMXIV mined from Proof of Work Phase and did a coin swap on Bittrex to the new chain. We are now Pure Proof of Stake with a weekly .96% yield from stake. Our price has been extremely stable, as well, through the falling Bitcoin price

Over 45% of the network's coins are in Offline Staking, making the Maieuticoin network extremely secure from any attacks

The new ticker symbol is M, rather than MMXIV (as listed on exchanges), but eventually they will update to the new ticker, and any sites from here forward will all use M
Pages:
Jump to: