Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Metadisk - Blockchain Based File Sharing - Powered by Storj - page 8. (Read 39241 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Cyclical economic ebb and flow.
Please bequeath a beta invite to me. I've been on the mailing list for some time now and just earlier today send a tweet @ you guys asking what the status of the applicants for beta testing was...

-CosmosSurfer   BTC CoolBTC
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Pls add me to the beta.
Activity: 462
sign me up for the beta!  Grin
Activity: 434
Interested in beta
legendary
Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000
Interested in beta  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130
Truth will out!
It could be amazing to join! Cheesy

I've posted it on the second page and I'm not listed on the beta lists Batch  Grin Grin
Could you please verify it?

Dev is active so maybe you're going to read me  Cheesy
Activity: 83
I see no mention of batch #2 being open yet but the list in the OP seems to get populated already. Are these the late-comers from batch #1 or did I miss something?

Anyway, consider this my BFL-style preorder for a slot in batch #2. Very interesting project I could very well use as a storage/communication-backend for my own P2P-project.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
3x is fine at beta stage. When the network is live, 5x for small files and 10x for large files may be needed. There should be a mechanism to dynamically vary the redundancy when a file is popular, or connection to those who are hosting the file is slow.

The final goal is for the user to be able to specify the redundancy amount they require.
Activity: 48
I would like to join the beta.  Have been following Storj with interest.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
3x is fine at beta stage. When the network is live, 5x for small files and 10x for large files may be needed. There should be a mechanism to dynamically vary the redundancy when a file is popular, or connection to those who are hosting the file is slow.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
I don't currently have a powerful computer, just a swamped laptop so I won't be able to participate, however I'm really interested in this technology.

Since private users are more prone to fail shouldn't every file get hosted in 4-5 different places?

Is there an easy, straightforward way to pay x-times to store the file x-times? Say that the file is your mangum opus but your competitor is trying to steal it and you don't want to lose it, would this service help?

3 people (that are private citizens) could very easily walk away from the task of keeping files. So there needs to be the ability for more redundancy and proper incentives.

It's an exciting idea, I hope you're able to work it out.
So we are just saying 3x for now. We will know that the proper recommendation should be when the network is live.

So yes people will walk away from the task of keeping files, but:
A) They won't get paid
B) We check the file every little bit, so unless all 3 sources go down simultaneously your file is fine.

If its your mangum opus then set the redundancy to 100x. Minus thermonuclear war your file should be safe.
Activity: 1
Activity: 1493
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
I don't currently have a powerful computer, just a swamped laptop so I won't be able to participate, however I'm really interested in this technology.

Since private users are more prone to fail shouldn't every file get hosted in 4-5 different places?

Is there an easy, straightforward way to pay x-times to store the file x-times? Say that the file is your mangum opus but your competitor is trying to steal it and you don't want to lose it, would this service help?

3 people (that are private citizens) could very easily walk away from the task of keeping files. So there needs to be the ability for more redundancy and proper incentives.

It's an exciting idea, I hope you're able to work it out.
Activity: 256
Because it's sterile...
You have some crossover of your storj forum and BTCtalk forum users, but if there is enough room I would like to participate.  Thanks.

Batch #1 is currently full but you can request to be added to batch #0 on the storjtalk forums here.  We'll be opening up batch #2 for BTCTalk users in the near future.
Activity: 30
Batch #1 is currently full but you can request to be added to batch #0 on the storjtalk forums here.  We'll be opening up batch #2 for BTCTalk users in the near future.
Activity: 253
Merit: 1413
DTCxNMC
Add me to the beta, thanks.
Activity: 437
Merit: 260
balance
I hope there are beta slots available, sign me up.
Activity: 33
Add me to the Beta, please!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
I want in the beta too. Can test on Mac & Win.
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
Amazing, please add me in the beta, and I have a question, what's the advantage of this project comparing Safecoin.
We already have a topic on this here: http://storjtalk.org/index.php?topic=1266.msg1523#new
tldr; Safecoin network launches in a few months, our software is running to beta users now. We already have plans to integrate Maidsafe/Safecoin into Storj when their software is ready.
Pages:
Jump to: