Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [Metiscoin] [MTS] Unique algorithm | NO PREMINE| NEW POOL! CPU/GPU - page 13. (Read 154478 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
ok i'm switch to u pool
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
ALL BETA TESTERS UPDATE THE MINER PLEASE!!!

download the newer versions at the same place: http://girino.org/metisminer/

Sorry to all, the old miner had a bug that prevented it from finding new blocks. Technical explanations bellow.

Those who participated in the beta test up to now will share the bonus 50 MTS i had promised. See bellow for the shares each one will get. I'll contact you in order to send you the MTS.

Now, the technical stuff:

When writing the miner I got confused as to how the data was sent on the getwork protocol. I was auditing the shares submited to see why it took so long to find a block and found out that good hashes were being rejected by the metiscoind wallet. I found out that hashes where sent in "little endian" 32 bit encoding, while i was using "big endian" encoding. So a swap of the bytes was needed. I now fixed it and have tested if the hashes generated by the walled are compatible with the hashes generated by the miner (lots of debugging in the wallet to do this).

So, I thank you ll that participated in the beta up to now and urge you to update the miners so that we can start breaking lots of blocks!

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE BETA TESTING, we still need to test lots of things in the miner and pool server.

The 50 MTS for the early testers will be split acording to the following table:
IDUsernameSharesEst. Payout
5AJIekceu430,045468324
6breakbeater182227,61442861
10dggood80,121248863
3HHogan146522,20369809
7nixueyin10,015156108

Thanks to all, and again, PLEASE UPDATE THE MINER AND DO NOT LEAVE THE BETA TESTS!
legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
About metiscoin to be published in 《The New Yorker》, and Metiscoin mining is a long term business.
really good new!
Activity: 476
NEW POOL -- BETA TESTERS WANTED

For the eager ones: http://pool.girino.org/
Miners can be downloaded here: http://girino.org/metisminer/

could only connect to the pool for few minutes  Huh

after that im getting

HTTP request failed: operation timed out after 30002 milliseconds with 0 out of -1 bytes received
json_rpc_call failed, retry

I met the same problem here
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
We still need more beta testers. At least 10, so we can make the pool work. Now we have only 3 active users, which is little better than solo mining. Please, people, support the new pool so we have an alternative for when ypool is down.

It is possible to compile last build (working with ypool.net) for windows 32 bit?
Or add in metisminer options "-s". That can make videocard ineractive, not only mining.
Sorry for my English.

I'm not sure what "-s" option means. Can you describe to me what it does? You mean make it less intensive so you can use the videocard and mine at the same time?

About the 32 bit, i'll see what i can do. I have no access to a win32 system, and i have to crosscompile in order to get a working win32 binary. Installing some binaries in this way is simply impossible. So i'm not sure i can do it. i'll try later today.

I mean like -s option in your miner for ypool.
(-s parameter Valid values range from 15 to 28.) On GTX 580 i use -s 15 and can play games, i have access to 500 pc on my work and they all have different video, but i can't use miner, because of lags (even excel and word). It would be great if i have any option to limit GPU usage to 30,50,70% etc. or program will limit itself if there are any other task for videocard.

If you do 32 bit version, i will use your pool to mine for my 6*gtx780 and 7*290x 48 hours minimum Wink
Activity: 444
Life is a bitch, get used to it...
@ girino
The last 2 hours i get disconnects after each submitted share:
HTTP request failed: Recv failure : Connection reset by peer

and after that miner is showing
Long-pooling activated for http://pool.girino.org:8337/LP validating share...
Activity: 1132
Merit: 536

could only connect to the pool for few minutes  Huh

after that im getting

HTTP request failed: operation timed out after 30002 milliseconds with 0 out of -1 bytes received
json_rpc_call failed, retry
Activity: 476
About metiscoin to be published in 《The New Yorker》, and Metiscoin mining is a long term business.

just curious about what can be covered Cheesy
Good news indeed. Now we need to convince more miners from ypool to come to your pool. Smiley
legendary

IT IS STILL EXPERIMENTAL, I NEED BETA TESTERS SO WE CAN BREAK OUR FIRST BLOCK AND SEE IF EVERYTHING WORKS!

Please report any problems you find, send me any advice you have about running a pool, and anything you want, either at [email protected] or by PM here.

If everything works great, I'll be launching it officially and asking the dev to include it in the coin's page...

Thanks to all!

And please, test, test and retest! We need to make it work!

Good news everyone: I removed ALL fees from the pool and the miner until beta testing is finished (mining in ypool has a fee of 4.5% + 3% from the miner).

Also, I'll have a bonus of 100 MTS to be shared among all beta testers, in the same proportions as the payouts for the next 5 blocks found! I'll keep promotions comming as soon as i get more MTS to spare!
legendary
We still need more beta testers. At least 10, so we can make the pool work. Now we have only 3 active users, which is little better than solo mining. Please, people, support the new pool so we have an alternative for when ypool is down.

It is possible to compile last build (working with ypool.net) for windows 32 bit?
Or add in metisminer options "-s". That can make videocard ineractive, not only mining.
Sorry for my English.

I'm not sure what "-s" option means. Can you describe to me what it does? You mean make it less intensive so you can use the videocard and mine at the same time?

About the 32 bit, i'll see what i can do. I have no access to a win32 system, and i have to crosscompile in order to get a working win32 binary. Installing some binaries in this way is simply impossible. So i'm not sure i can do it. i'll try later today.
legendary

good news!
It seems we have no chance against ypool Sad
We need more workers....
Activity: 38

Sorry for my English.
Activity: 16
legendary
No worries, got them both up and running now.

forgot to mention, you can try the 3 versions of the code with "-a metis1", "-a metis2" and "-a metis3" to see which one is faster (they are the same as in my ypool miner, so if you already know the faster one, just stick with it)

Thank you very much!  Smiley

Activity: 518

forgot to mention, you can try the 3 versions of the code with "-a metis1", "-a metis2" and "-a metis3" to see which one is faster (they are the same as in my ypool miner, so if you already know the faster one, just stick with it)

Thank you very much!  Smiley
legendary

Activity: 16
legendary
Tossed a dual 290x on that pool.

It's only using 1 GPU, I tried doing -d 0,1 but it's not working.

Showing some shares already.

yes, the miner is not able to use 2 GPUs yet. I'll code it tomorrow. For now you can launch 2 miners for one for each GPU. (sorry for that, i was focusing on having the pool working first, and left the miner behind)
Pages:
Jump to: