Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [Metiscoin] [MTS] Unique algorithm | NO PREMINE| NEW POOL! CPU/GPU - page 15. (Read 154480 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
We really need more mining pool!
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
-a 1 = 14100 khash
-a 2 = 14000 khash
-a 3 = 12150 khash

This is after about 10 min.

I dont know if it's ypool or the miner but after about 10 min i loose connection to server and then it reconnects immediately and starts increasing again.

ypool is under DDoS for several days now. I am Looking for someone with experience in setting up a pool to set up an alternative pool, but it seems noone here knows how to Sad
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
PoSToken
excuse me, why name it metiscoin?
Activity: 6
-a 1 = 14100 khash
-a 2 = 14000 khash
-a 3 = 12150 khash

This is after about 10 min.

I dont know if it's ypool or the miner but after about 10 min i loose connection to server and then it reconnects immediately and starts increasing again.
legendary
@girino I am mining with a AMD 6870 and have tried every GPU miner by you and Gigawatt Grin I've found out that Gigawatt's v 1,5 is the fastest one for me. With that one i mine at about 14650 khash. All others are like 10000-14000 khash. Can you tell me if this sounds right or if i have some settings wrong? I don't really understand what the stepsizes are or the -a. (Have tried different settings)  Roll Eyes

The reason I'm wondering is why the newer GPU miners are slower for me Smiley

Well, all the newer miners rely on some specific optimization, like use of local memory or use of vector types, etc. Those resources are faster in some cards but slower in others. Usually we use our own cards for testing, so the resources that are faster on them get to be prioritized. So in my case, I have a r9 280x, with lots of fast local memory, so optimizations that use lots of local memory tend to be chosen. Gigawatt's card is good with vectorizing, so he always focuses in using vector types, etc. Possibly none of those are good for your card, so it get's slower instead of faster with each new optimization.

I'll try to include a legacy mode (-a 0 perhaps) that rolls back to the code used in gigawatts 1.5, so it can be used in GPUs like yours Wink

Have you tried all 3 of -a options in this new one? -a 1, -a 2 and -a 3? which one is faster?
@girino I am mining with a AMD 6870 and have tried every GPU miner by you and Gigawatt Grin I've found out that Gigawatt's v 1,5 is the fastest one for me. With that one i mine at about 14650 khash. All others are like 10000-14000 khash. Can you tell me if this sounds right or if i have some settings wrong? I don't really understand what the stepsizes are or the -a. (Have tried different settings)  Roll Eyes

The reason I'm wondering is why the newer GPU miners are slower for me Smiley
legendary
Girino's GPU MINER NEW RELEASE, 35% faster on R9 280x, SOLVED LOST CONNECTION PROBLEM WHEN YPOOL DOWN!!!

Build 9 tries to maximize use of local memory. Really fast on GPUs with fast local memory and lots of it (newer AMD cards).

If this version is slower in your GPU (NVidia or older cards), use option "-a 2" on the command line to revert to the old OpenCL code.

Also, no more freezing on connection lost. (useful on those times of ypool instability). Technical details bellow.

EVERYBODY SHOULD UPGRADE TO AVOID FREEZING!!! Very important now that ypool is being constantly DDoSed...

Links for download are the same as always, source code is available at:

https://github.com/girino/xptMiner

and Binaries (linux 32 and 64 bits, windows 64 bits and OSX):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2wv2awwgebpdo0m/STzOU5tlXa

For those more into the technical issues, the changes are:
1- use of local memory instead of global memory to pass hashes between the several hashing functions (keccak -> shavite -> fugue). This improves performance on machines where local memory is at least 64 * work_group_size + 8K.
2- Linux (and cygwin, for the matter) do not set an error on socket disconnect when calling recv. It just returns a 0 size. Since the original (windows code) was expecting that an error is sent on those cases, the linux code just kept trying forever to receive data in a closed connection.  So now, when checking for errors, it is also checking if return size is 0 to mark connection as lost. This solves the "freezing disconnect" bug that was haunting all of us.

Enjoy!
legendary
We Need another Pool . ypool is always struck at DDOS . ypool is done .

any other pool for MTS .

We also need a Good Exchange

anyone with experience setting up a pool? I'm willing to set one up and mantain it at least while ypool is down, but i need some assistance since i've never done it before. (there are lots of "howtos" around, but they all focus on scrypt, nothing about how to change the coin or the algorithm...)
Activity: 51
This is a good coin..but.....!!
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
We Need another Pool . ypool is always struck at DDOS . ypool is done .

any other pool for MTS .

We also need a Good Exchange
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 364
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Thanks

All sorted using the info on this thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-delete-your-0unconfirmed-transactions-in-30-seconds-35214

Here are the steps to fix...

OSX Example:
  • Backup your wallet just in case
  • Download https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet
  • Install all the Python dependencies listed in the Readme file
  • Using Terminal navigate to where you downloaded the files from Github
  • Run ./pywallet.py --web
  • Go to http://localhost:8989 in your browser, i found FireFox displays it best.
  • Select the Delete menu

Fill in the form like this:
  • Wallet Directory = /Users/<>/Library/Application Support/Metiscoin
  • Wallet Filename = wallet.dat (Same in every wallet i've seen :-)
  • Key = all
  • Type = Transaction
Click the Delete button

Now we need to rescan the Metiscoin files on next startup.
  • Using Terminal navigate to, /Applications/Metiscoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS
  • Type ./Metiscoin-Qt -rescan

Thats is, once Metiscoin-Qt starts it will rescan all the files needed, then you should see all your original balance with the original stuck transactions gone.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Hi Devs

On the OSX v1.0.0.1 version of the wallet, i have a payment stuck for over 2 days now at 0 confirmations. Any ideas.
Loosing confidence in the coin since it was almost my entire balance of MTC being sent to Swisscex!

http://c-coin.biz/images/MTC_Issue.png

I had the same problem my entire balance was stuck for a week , a replay to your previuse massage halped me.

Anyone having problems with the 1.0.0.1 OSX Wallet?
I sent 53 MTC yesterday to an address, didn't arrive, and is still showing as 0 confirmations today..

Any ideas?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transactions Stuck at 0/confirmations: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/faq-all-about-unconfirmed-0-confirmation-transaction-fee-read-before-posting-232979

Try the last section of the post:
How do I remove an unconfirmed transaction?

Aftre retriving your mts , try to increase transaction fee to about 0.02

In your wallet go to :
Settings -> Options -> Main  Setup paytransaction fee. And make another transaction.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Hi Devs

On the OSX v1.0.0.1 version of the wallet, i have a payment stuck for over 2 days now at 0 confirmations. Any ideas.
Loosing confidence in the coin since it was almost my entire balance of MTC being sent to Swisscex!

legendary
GPU Miner by girino, NEW VERSION RELEASED - Build 8

This time my focus was on networking, stability and 32 bits systems. No more crashes, works on 64 and 32 bits, linux and windows!

Forgot to say. To further support the coin, now the mining fee is split between the two developers (me and gigawatt) and also the coin developer (using the dontion address on the first post of this thread).

PLEASE, HELP SUPPORT THE COIN! UPGRADE THE MINER
legendary
GPU Miner by girino, NEW VERSION RELEASED - Build 8

This time my focus was on networking, stability and 32 bits systems. No more crashes, works on 64 and 32 bits, linux and windows!

The networking code from ypool's latest xptminer was merged back. Several changes and tests were made to ensure stability (no more "0kh/s" after some hours, no more closing on network disconnect or server down).

Faster than ever, and two new hidden options: -s to set the step size (in powers of 2, defaults to 2^20), and -a to set variations on algorithm. Currently supports "-a 1" for lookup tables in constant memory and "-a 2" (default) for tables in global memory. -a 2 is faster in most systems.

The code for metis was reverted to a previous version since it is 2x slower on some NVidia GPUs. Binaries and code available, as always, on the links above.

Source code is available at:

https://github.com/girino/xptMiner

and Binaries (for windows only at present, will add linux later tonight)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2wv2awwgebpdo0m/STzOU5tlXa

Enjoy.
Activity: 364
gratz now we add coin on coinmarketcap please contact them dev team
Activity: 434
I don't think that this will help this coin alot...maybe for some short time it will boost the value but for sure not long term.
Pages:
Jump to: