Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 183. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
So what's everyone think?  Is this one a dud, or will it make it to an exchange?  I think the progressive rewards are neat, but it's going to take a lot to get noticed in the vast sea of shitcoins out there.

Depends on what you expecting from currency.  if you want long-term coin to work all around world with people able to mine it (dont forget, mining not a goal! mining = supporting its work with reward for it) with GPU or CPU with almost the same reward - stay with MRC.  If you want to pump/dump in few days/weeks and forget about it - its not MRC.

About exchange - ALL of us wish we wont late with BTC or LTC, yes? And mine something to use even with low speed CPU. So, MRC gives this possibility. So, it will hit exchanges for sure. @MRC soon start working on it for sure.

UPD lol i typing too slow  Cheesy but my opinion more objective  Tongue
MCR
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
So what's everyone think?  Is this one a dud, or will it make it to an exchange?  I think the progressive rewards are neat, but it's going to take a lot to get noticed in the vast sea of shitcoins out there.
Well, of course my opinion is a bit biased so I'll just state the facts.
Even though there is no premine, the dev team has sufficient funds for promoting microCoin and creating bounties. As you can see there are several bounties in the bounties thread. The bounties paid so far amount to well over $1000. There is plenty more to spare still. So the development will continue and we will keep paying more bounties and actively seeking to get services for microCoin. Even if it would take over $10000, we are certain that we will get our investment back on the long run. There is also a bigger announcement for microCoin coming in the following weeks, but that will remain a secret for now. But you can be sure that we have no intention of stopping development, even less so, since we have invested our own money into this.
Of course everyone is free to think how they will, but this the dev team's stance on microCoin and will continue to be.
Activity: 308
So what's everyone think?  Is this one a dud, or will it make it to an exchange?  I think the progressive rewards are neat, but it's going to take a lot to get noticed in the vast sea of shitcoins out there.
Activity: 177
Merit: 101

I'm sorry. I've been pretty busy and the coder didn't come back until today. We'll start looking into it right away tomorrow. I think I already know what the problem is, but I'm not sure if we can solve it just like that.

I know how to attract more people into the project!
cudaminer need to optimize, for mining microcoins!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229
The CPU miner for microCoin would be easiest to make from yac or ybc miner source. I think the only thing that needs to be changed is the nTimeStamp or StartT and then compile. I'm not sure, though.

thank you for clarifying.

i understand your busy and appreciate the feedback. will try and hack into the yac miner.

ua.
Activity: 329
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

I'm sorry. I've been pretty busy and the coder didn't come back until today. We'll start looking into it right away tomorrow. I think I already know what the problem is, but I'm not sure if we can solve it just like that.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229
The CPU miner for microCoin would be easiest to make from yac or ybc miner source. I think the only thing that needs to be changed is the nTimeStamp or StartT and then compile. I'm not sure, though.

Cudaminer already support script-jane - may be to simple recoding source?
nvidia users - big army!
MCR

Activity: 329
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

Activity: 210
Message to all the new MicroCoiners : try the most active MRC MicroCoin faucet out ther! Grab now free coins! And consider a little donation if you can!

http://microcoinfaucet.comxa.com/

Official Faucet thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mrcfaucet-mrc-microcoin-faucet-a-real-cryptocurrency-not-the-same-old-crap-419275

Leave some feedback if you enjoy the faucet!

Smiley
MCR
do any of you guys know what a 7950 should be running on scrypt jane... when micro 1st launched I was hitting 2.5mh/s is that good or could I have got like 4mh/s if optimized? anyone else mine in the begging with 7950's

well i started around 8mh/s per 290 card , im now at 4mh/s , im not familiar with the 7950 but i guess you have the same reduction in % as i did
Just about im hashing at 1.7mh/s now. The diff went down so I'm not mining any less tho...

how much weeks do you guys think it will take us to get to block 300k?

300,000 - 32,802 (current block) = 267,198

267,198 * 32 (seconds per block) / 60 (seconds per minute) / 60 (minutes per hour) / 24 (hours per day) =~ 99 Days

Thanks bro.

MRC I was only asking how long it would take us to get there. about 3 months I guess. I'll try to mine it all the way through!
Oh, okay. My bad, then  Cheesy
Activity: 182
do any of you guys know what a 7950 should be running on scrypt jane... when micro 1st launched I was hitting 2.5mh/s is that good or could I have got like 4mh/s if optimized? anyone else mine in the begging with 7950's

well i started around 8mh/s per 290 card , im now at 4mh/s , im not familiar with the 7950 but i guess you have the same reduction in % as i did
Just about im hashing at 1.7mh/s now. The diff went down so I'm not mining any less tho...

267,198 * 32 (seconds per block) / 60 (seconds per minute) / 60 (minutes per hour) / 24 (hours per day) =~ 99 Days

Thanks bro.

MCR I was only asking how long it would take us to get there. about 3 months I guess. I'll try to mine it all the way through!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

The rewards start decreasing by block 160,000, though.

Mr. V only asked when we'd reach block 300k, the rewards wouldn't affect that timeframe?
MCR
OP, how about response on the queries of CPU miner...Huh? there have been numerous queries already including mine..

CPU only Miner Microcoin??? wanting to pool mine.
Huh??
MCR

The rewards start decreasing by block 160,000, though.
Activity: 56

Activity: 177
Merit: 101
OP, how about response on the queries of CPU miner...Huh? there have been numerous queries already including mine..

Huh??
Activity: 308
onore dikeido
I cloned the git repository and I'm trying to compile on Ubuntu 12.04, but get the following compile error:

Code:
/usr/bin/rcc -name bitcoin src/qt/bitcoin.qrc -o qrc_bitcoin.cpp
RCC: Error in 'src/qt/bitcoin.qrc': Cannot find file 'res/icons/microCoin-128.png'
make: *** [qrc_bitcoin.cpp] Error 1

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, can this be mined on Linux? I only see a Windows miner.

Thanks.

1. is linux wallet on first page not working for you?

2. after cloned git edit

src/qt/bitcoin.qrc

replace "microCoin-*.png" with "microcoin-*.png"

then edit microcoin-qt.pro
add comment (#) from line 10 to 23

Code:
---snip---
#windows:LIBS += -lshlwapi
#LIBS += $$join(BOOST_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(BDB_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(OPENSSL_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(QRENCODE_LIB_PATH,,-L,)
#LIBS += -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx$$BDB_LIB_SUFFIX
#windows:LIBS += -lws2_32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lgdi32
#LIBS += -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
#BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
#BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:/deps/boost
#BOOST_LIB_PATH=C:/deps/boost/stage/lib
#BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=c:/deps/db/build_unix
#BDB_LIB_PATH=c:/deps/db/build_unix
#OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=c:/deps/ssl/include
#OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=c:/deps/ssl
#MINIUPNPC_LIB_PATH=c:/deps/miniupnpc
#MINIUPNPC_INCLUDE_PATH=c:/deps
---snip---

then run
Code:
qmake USE_QRCODE=1  USE_UPNP=1
make clean
make

please note on arch linux qmake for qt4 is called "qmake-qt4", change to reflect your distro

Thanks, that worked for building the microCoin client on Linux. I hadn't tried the binary Linux wallet on the first page, I prefer to compile from source.
glad its work  Grin
acctually im create Linux binary for microcoin  Grin
Activity: 182
Hi to all.
I am mining microcoin using two 7950.
my config file is like this :

microCoinminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://mrc.minersbest.com:10466 -u yourusernameonthepool.yourworkernameonthepool -p x --scrypt --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1389028879 --queue 0 --scan-time 2 --expiry 4 --thread-concurrency 16384 --intensity 13 --worksize 256 -g 2 --gpu-engine 998,898 --gpu-memclock 1444,1300

First i downloaded the file at https://mega.co.nz/#!3BdHmYgZ!I_coA1U6SBfXVegaqCxuEj9pJ11O6PnE_d3UIJrKg10
Which is the microCoin miner Windows preconfigured with BlockSolved pool address.
But in the folder i modfied the file start-mrc.blocksolved.com---please-change-login-and-password-inside.bat with the lines above.
Just be sure you change servername and port also username and worker name  in the configuration.Also there are 2 gpu engine values and memclocks because i have 2 7950, you could use only one for each if you have just one card or as many values as the numbers of your card.

Also for Mr.V: at first i was mining in the 3.5mh, now is like 2.5mh

I hope i helped someone mining this great coin.

Happy mining  Grin

wow you get those hashrate at I- 13. my intensity is at 17 and I only get 1.7mh/s... thanks tho im going to fool around and try to optimize my settings... ohh one question is tht the same settings you use for regular scrypt coins?
Activity: 29
Is me again. Grin

I had problems with the wallet at work because it wasn't syncing and at home because it was crashing, but i love to much this coin so i did a virtual machine with virtualbox and a copy of win7 i had.
On the virtual win7 the wallet has no problems so for you that want to try all solutions this could be something to do  Cheesy
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
I was able to successfully sync the wallet with these nodes:

"addr" : "85.65.73.221:4444",
"addr" : "2.0.0.104:4444",
"addr" : "50.100.142.88:4444",
"addr" : "54.203.141.180:4444",
"addr" : "178.49.118.233:4444",
"addr" : "178.18.105.207:4444",
"addr" : "188.134.81.196:4444",
"addr" : "196.202.206.130:4444",

no sync with all new nodes  Huh

is my pc the problem  Huh

Maybe port 4444 is blocked by your ISP or a local firewall?

but i haven't problems with other coins wallet  Huh

One more try, close all instances of microcoin wallet or miner.

Klick Start, Run, cmd, enter

Enter following code in the shell:

netstat -abn >.\Desktop\ports.txt

Open ports.txt on your desktop,hit Strg+F and look for :4444, if found the name of the .exe should tell you which local program or service may conflict with microcoin wallet.

4444 port seems free  Undecided
Activity: 29
Hi to all.
I am mining microcoin using two 7950.
my config file is like this :

microCoinminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://mrc.minersbest.com:10466 -u yourusernameonthepool.yourworkernameonthepool -p x --scrypt --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1389028879 --queue 0 --scan-time 2 --expiry 4 --thread-concurrency 16384 --intensity 13 --worksize 256 -g 2 --gpu-engine 998,898 --gpu-memclock 1444,1300

First i downloaded the file at https://mega.co.nz/#!3BdHmYgZ!I_coA1U6SBfXVegaqCxuEj9pJ11O6PnE_d3UIJrKg10
Which is the microCoin miner Windows preconfigured with BlockSolved pool address.
But in the folder i modfied the file start-mrc.blocksolved.com---please-change-login-and-password-inside.bat with the lines above.
Just be sure you change servername and port also username and worker name  in the configuration.Also there are 2 gpu engine values and memclocks because i have 2 7950, you could use only one for each if you have just one card or as many values as the numbers of your card.

Also for Mr.V: at first i was mining in the 3.5mh, now is like 2.5mh

I hope i helped someone mining this great coin.

Happy mining  Grin
Jump to: