Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 32. (Read 374699 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
If i delete everything except wallet.dat and open the new wallet it will sync till block 159,999 and nothing more! So i cannot do it as it is recommended. Don't know what the reason is...
the reason is... dev like CTRL+V

Please do us all a favor and show us your great math skills, as it sounds you could have done this all better.

Please start by subtracting yourself from this forum and community.
If you managed this, go on and multiply yourself with the usefullness of all your posts.
I will try it, or can i just use the old blk0001.dat and blkindex.dat from version 2.1.1.1? At every wallet update i backed up the appdata directory of microcoin and deleted the files except wallet.dat and microcoin.coinf in that directory to resync all blocks...

hmm, never deleted any .DAT files during 3 updates, all work fine  Roll Eyes

(facepalm)
Please for future reference each time an crypto coin has this kind of changes.
go into your coin data dir (usually user/appdata/roaming/coinx, and delete everything except wallet.dat

Then start the wallet and let it update to an clean and correct version of the blockchain.

This was also mentioned on the OP page that people had to do for the prev version.

The OP states this, but it isnt really necessary.
Not a single bit of the blockchain will be different, regardless if you delete before the update or not.
There are no "clean" or "dirty" versions of the blockchain.

edit: Always keep a backup (better more thane one) of your wallet.dat in a safe place, thats all you need, regardless of any updates.

True, and +1 on the wallet.dat save, But also note that if it isnt well encrypted and it falls in the wrong hands, they will have full access to your funds...
I just allways just delete everything (except wallet.dat). Only takes an hour or two to resync anyways Smiley

Wallet has to be encrypted, yeah, very true.
I bet you never mined huntercoin? Last time i had to redownload the blockchain was a real pain in the ass, took me 2 days and at least 20% of my SSD lifetime  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Mine is stuck at #303429. I downloaded the newest version, but it isn't synching.. Well, it's connected to the network, but it won't synch.

I might try synching with the older version soon.
Activity: 600
Merit: 500
I will try to start the client v2.1.1.2 in a virtual machine without any old files and without wallet.dat. Let's see if it jumps over block 159,999 - otherwise new users without existing wallet have a problem. Maybe i made a mistake but why should it be exactly block 159,999 when it stops?
Activity: 767
Merit: 532
lol very true
Activity: 250
If i delete everything except wallet.dat and open the new wallet it will sync till block 159,999 and nothing more! So i cannot do it as it is recommended. Don't know what the reason is...
the reason is... dev like CTRL+V
Activity: 462
I will try it, or can i just use the old blk0001.dat and blkindex.dat from version 2.1.1.1? At every wallet update i backed up the appdata directory of microcoin and deleted the files except wallet.dat and microcoin.coinf in that directory to resync all blocks...

(facepalm)
go into your coin data dir (usually user/appdata/roaming/coinx, and delete everything except wallet.dat

Then start the wallet and let it update to an clean and correct version of the blockchain.

This was also mentioned on the OP page that people had to do for the prev version.

Not a single bit of the blockchain will be different, regardless if you delete before the update or not.

edit: Always keep a backup (better more thane one) of your wallet.dat in a safe place, thats all you need, regardless of any updates.

True, and +1 on the wallet.dat save, But also note that if it isnt well encrypted and it falls in the wrong hands, they will have full access to your funds...
I just allways just delete everything (except wallet.dat). Only takes an hour or two to resync anyways Smiley

(facepalm)

Activity: 462

hmm, never deleted any .DAT files during 3 updates, all work fine  Roll Eyes

(facepalm)

Merit: 100
Well, like my grandma said "If its not broken - dont fix it"  Grin
Now i have played back the backup of C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\microCoin which i made between the wallet update from v2.1.1.1 to 2.1.1.2.

It works fine now and has already synced to latest block.

I thought that i need to do this as it is said on page 1 of this thread:

If you want to make sure your wallet will stay unharmed, update your wallet and delete everything except wallet.dat and microcoin.conf at C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\microCoin

So it is not necessary?

hmm, never deleted any .DAT files during 3 updates, all work fine  Roll Eyes
My wallet stopped syncing at block 159999. I hope it will finish syncing. Can i do something except waiting?

Maybe try previous version (its still actual until block 318000) and after that - run newest one?
My wallet stopped syncing at block 159999. I hope it will finish syncing. Can i do something except waiting?
Donno who MCR but sometimes i wish to give him friendly magic kick to appear and update more often  Grin

Also i'm sure MRC dont get any success without halibit efforts at all.

*UPD tested new wallet - synced fast (like 2 minutes), after i freed CPU from mining MRC   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
Hello again,

We used the fix posted here and tested it. (Thank you snguyen)

The wallet has been updated and will hard fork at block #318,000 (around 30 hours from now) back to its normal block rewards.

All major MRC exchanges and pools have been notified of the hard fork.

New source:
https://github.com/microcoinsource/microCoin_V2

Windows wallet:
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/77357538/file.html

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
Lol why bother switching to that account to make the announcement.  Just stay as Halibut.
Are you thinking I'm MCR? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
Currently my client won't open. The old one doesn't, and the new one doesn't.

It does open, but it doesn't show up. It's running in the background. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edit; it just show up. But itsn't synching yet.. Let's see.

Edit²: still isn't synching.

If it is like my client, it takes about 20-30min before it is visible and usable.  Not sure why as neither the block chain nor my wallet are that large.  Just wait and it will eventually appear on screen and sync.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Currently my client won't open. The old one doesn't, and the new one doesn't.

It does open, but it doesn't show up. It's running in the background. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edit; it just show up. But itsn't synching yet.. Let's see.

Edit²: still isn't synching.
Pages:
Jump to: