Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 28. (Read 374699 times)

legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
Radeon HD 7950 Settings for 40 kh/s:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

microcoinminer.exe -o x -u x -p x --scrypt --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1389028879 --queue 0 --scan-time 2 --expiry 4 -g 1 -w 256 -I 12 --gpu-engine 1125 --gpu-memclock 1250 --thread-concurrency 35000

If you used the latest thirtybird yacminer release instead of microcoinminer and used its advanced options you should get 50-60kh/s reliably from a 7950.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
When Craptsy  will add this coin?

You would better ask vern, how could we know?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
When Craptsy  will add this coin?
Activity: 600
Merit: 500
Radeon HD 7950 Settings for 40 kh/s:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

microcoinminer.exe -o x -u x -p x --scrypt --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1389028879 --queue 0 --scan-time 2 --expiry 4 -g 1 -w 256 -I 12 --gpu-engine 1125 --gpu-memclock 1250 --thread-concurrency 35000
Activity: 462

Hmm wondering what im doing wrong, i get 200hash (not kilo!) with these settings in yacminer.

my startup line:
yacminer --scrypt-chacha -o stratum+tcp://mrceu.nut2pools.com:6000 -u x -p x  -w 128 -v 1 --gpu-threads 1 --lookup-gap 3 --buffer-size 2570 --shaders 0 --gpu-engine 1080 --gpu-memclock 1500

Im not familiar with yacminer AT ALL Smiley

EDIT:
Able to get 6Khash with this:
yacminer --scrypt-chacha --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1389028879 --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 3 --buffer-size 2590 -R 7680

Take out the shaders setting all together. Take out the vectors setting too. Try -X 32 or -R 8192 intensity. There is a README.txt you should find helpful in the yacminer folder. I bet you can make buffersize 2688 as well. Let me know what you get.

Sorry, i didnt register this:)

Tried -X 32, that just made my computer hardcrash (black screen on both my monitors without able to get amd driver recovery).
-R 8192 didnt make any difference (6khash)
-buffersize 2688 hardly made any difference, lag on mouse and 0.15Khash more.

Scratching head atm Huh
Activity: 392
Does MRC has POS?

There has been rumours about it going that way in the future, but not at the moment.
Activity: 34
Does MRC has POS?
Now that the storm is over I think we should continue buying/keeping because the volume in the past days has been really low, and Mintpal could decide to remove MRC from the exchange and that would be bad...

The volume as i write this is 3.187 BTC today.
Microcoin is listed in the first half sorted by volume, many coins with lower volume here.

Microcoin is also one of very few coins on mintpal that have went to 1 satoshi multiple times, have been on 1 satoshi for days but never got LTC markets.
I think this is a good sign. Mintpal "tells me" with this behaviour that these coins are a steal unter 1 satoshi and have a bright future  Grin

edit: btw, buying more microcoin is a good idea anyway  Wink
Activity: 2
Now that the storm is over I think we should continue buying/keeping because the volume in the past days has been really low, and Mintpal could decide to remove MRC from the exchange and that would be bad...
I have updated instructions to keep microcoin.conf. I didn't instruct that because for me it worked without the old microcoin.conf.
Activity: 30
Ditto what Okaynow posted back a few.
The support from the crowd during this issue gave me the confidence to invest more into this coin.

Thanks Randywald for the step by step wallet instructions. I had to put the config file back though to make it work.
Here's my strategy for updating/syncing wallet as some people still have problems:

1. Backup directory: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\microCoin
2. Delete everything except wallet.dat and microcoin.conf in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\microCoin
3. Install/extract/update wallet to version 2.1.1.3
4. Open wallet version 2.1.1.3 -> you may get an error because files are missing -> just open it again
5. Wallet should start to sync until current block

Activity: 364
Unfortunately the newest client isn't synching either for me.. Does anyone know how to fix this?

It's stuck at 303429 ; wednesday 30. apr 20:13:35 2014

Try simply closing and re-opening the wallet. I don't use the qt-wallet (only the daemon compiled from source for the pool) but the latest worked fine. Try putting addnode=37.59.25.43 in your config (that's one of our wallets that has the full blockchain) and see if that helps.

Let me know if you guys want me to setup an hourly snapshot of the blockchain and host on our servers for download - should help with sync issues.

Nut
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Unfortunately the newest client isn't synching either for me.. Does anyone know how to fix this?

It's stuck at 303429 ; wednesday 30. apr 20:13:35 2014
Activity: 546
PGP 9CB0902E
i passed block 159999 a while ago without a hitch, and 2.1.3 is now catching up to current blocks.
it took me about 3 1/2 hrs to reodownload everything and sync.

good work, and awesome tech response by some posters, thanks guys.

its nice that there are not many praisings in the thread and eulogies,
and all those "to the moon" screams like in some other alts
but there were instantly many people around to give a hand WTSHTF

that is a great thing on its own/
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
I just downloaded the newest version. Let's see whether I get it synched again.. You guys will hear from me Wink.

Opening the clients takes some time again.
Activity: 364
Whilst we're on the subject of code, can we get the "getnetworkhashps" implemented in the code?

I'l be doing a site upgrade at some stage over the next couple of days so expect some more funkyness on the pools frontend. As usual though, our mining backend will be unaffected throughout the works. Smiley

Enjoy

Nut

Activity: 482

This is insane, people. As someone that studied computer science 20 years back, I can't believe the sort of hack-job coding we're seeing. Let me give you some advise: properly commented code is important, and obfuscating code with behind-the-scenes math is a bad idea.

MRC donations for my awesome code (which will be worth squat very soon at this rate): 14LADSmN8FkX7kfsAkvgvmPH8ZGJUdABLV
Seems as if we are stable again. Awesome coding skills, oldschool is best. 1M coins send. Hope others are thankful too and make you microcoin-rich  Grin.
Thanks Bansheroom! I suspect it will take quite a bit more MRC to make me rich, but at least I'm a millionaire -- multi-millionaire, actually! LOL. I was worried originally about the rate of MRC payouts, and then I got "greedy" and decided to hold everything I mined, hoping that the decrease to 10K block rewards would slowly push prices back up. Next time, I'm going with my gut and dumping earlier. At present, I have about $350 worth of MRC at the 1 satoshi rate, but I could have cashed out of a lot of that at two or three times the price. I also think that scrypt-jane is proving to be too harsh on the N-Factor adjustments. Yes, it will be ASIC-proof more or less, but it's also going to be GPU proof at the current rate. If few people are mining, coins tend to fade away -- not to mention it becomes possible to do a 51% attack if difficulty is too low.

This is insane, people. As someone that studied computer science 20 years back, I can't believe the sort of hack-job coding we're seeing. Let me give you some advise: properly commented code is important, and obfuscating code with behind-the-scenes math is a bad idea.

MRC donations for my awesome code (which will be worth squat very soon at this rate): 14LADSmN8FkX7kfsAkvgvmPH8ZGJUdABLV

Seems as if we are stable again. Awesome coding skills, oldschool is best. 1M coins send. Hope others are thankful too and make you microcoin-rich  Grin.
You can remove minersbest from the list of pools.

He has no time left to care about and completly stopped all crypto activity.
Pages:
Jump to: