Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 39. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Hello, everyone! The problem should be fixed now. Please update your wallet: http://microcoin.alcurex.info/microCoin-qt_v2111.zip

Coins will be mined at current rate of 310,000MRC until block #315,000 when the block reward will go back to its normal value of 9950MRC from which it will decrease at the rate of 0.01MRC per block.

This means that there will be around 35 hours of mining at current block rewards. This is necessary in order for the hard fork to succeed.
Pools and exchanges need to update their wallets before block #315,000 so we need the 35 hours of time.

You will not lose any coins and should still be able to transfer and mine coins at the current rate without any problems.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

If you have any further questions or input, I'll be glad to answer.

Cheers, tnx for fast reaction and for info you still around and looking with one yes after  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Now it just instamine coin for whales. I can make same amount what i am mined since february in 48 hours. Fair coin? Don't think so.
well do it and shut up...
Merit: 250
Now it just instamine coin for whales. I can make same amount what i am mined since february in 48 hours. Fair coin? Don't think so.

Everyone can mine this now and make coins, not only whales.
Your logic is wrong.....if you dont understand what i want to say:

get out of this coin and STFU, you NOOB.
MCR
Activity: 266
Github has the wrong source code at the moment.
New source is being uploaded.
MCR
Activity: 266
Hello, everyone! The problem should be fixed now. Please update your wallet: http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/31003391/file.html

Coins will be mined at current rate of 310,000MRC until block #315,000 when the block reward will go back to its normal value of 9950MRC from which it will decrease at the rate of 0.01MRC per block.

This means that there will be around 35 hours of mining at current block rewards. This is necessary in order for the hard fork to succeed.
Pools and exchanges need to update their wallets before block #315,000 so we need the 35 hours of time.

You will not lose any coins and should still be able to transfer and mine coins at the current rate without any problems.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

If you have any further questions or input, I'll be glad to answer.
Activity: 250
MCR status here is online, so i hope we get an update to clarify things here soon.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
This problem could have been avoided by a simple simulation. Seems we have a fix now: https://github.com/microcoinsource/microcoin

First the code was modified after snguyen's suggestion (which I think not bad at all) that we hard fork after block 315000.
After that the code was reverted back to block 311300, we are now at 311501 already. What does the dev think at all? Want to kill the coin faster because of his incompetence?

There is only a new binary at GitHub. The sourcecode is the old one. What do you mean?

Check here:
https://github.com/microcoinsource/microcoin/commit/2e65d585e41e06a94f9118407af843ee066ab920

If he does this, then the coin will die. I'm still holding 100Mil MRCs. If it continues like this I will get out.
Is it retroactive ? Because exchange won't appreciate at all to pay for coin which doesn't exist any more
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
This problem could have been avoided by a simple simulation. Seems we have a fix now: https://github.com/microcoinsource/microcoin

First the code was modified after snguyen's suggestion (which I think not bad at all) that we hard fork after block 315000.
After that the code was reverted back to block 311300, we are now at 311501 already. What does the dev think at all? Want to kill the coin faster because of his incompetence?

There is only a new binary at GitHub. The sourcecode is the old one. What do you mean?

Check here:
https://github.com/microcoinsource/microcoin/commit/2e65d585e41e06a94f9118407af843ee066ab920

If he does this, then the coin will die. I'm still holding 100Mil MRCs. If it continues like this I will get out.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
One life. Live it.
I was a bit nervous and up set this afternoon, but after calming down and think more positively, I reverse my thought.

Actually this is a good opportunity for the coin to promote and do marketing it-self. If you agree with my suggested block number (315,000) to apply the fork, we have 5 more days until it happens. In this 5 days, more and more people will know about MRC (and its exchange alcuREX), because obviously it is the most profitable coin to mine right now.

So, think positively, hold your coin strong, rock your miners and enjoy the current sweet reward  Wink

@halibit, please confirm if you accept or do not accept my suggested fork above. As a supporter of MRC since day 1, I am just wanna help.

5000 blocks would mean there are 1,5 BILLION coins more than specified.
Thats about 7%, much more than i think it should be.
If we fork we should do now! Why wait?

Believe me, I fxcking wanna the fork happen as soon as you want. But to do a fork, we need:

- Make sure the fork will not be incompatible with the running version. Let imagine if you do the hard fork at blocks 310000, which is already mined, the block rewards of that block will becomes invalid, but then how it became invalid if the miners already received it, transferred it to the exchange and did the trade?! It would be a huge mess and if it happen, simple it is unrecoverable mistake and will kill the coin.

- Make sure the new client with the fork will be sent, compiled and used by all the exchanges and pools correctly. If even one node do not use the new code, we have 2 version of MRCs running with different forks -> kill the coin too.

No one want this mess, but when it happen, we need to think very carefully to not create more mess.

Regards,
-snguyen

PS

Of course if we had time as if we found the bug earlier, we could make a pool and let the community decide. But since we do not have time, I have suggested 5000 blocks as a safe and reasonable number so we can make all the above change without any further mistake.

I can make the patch and compile the new clients in minutes, but it is useless. We need dev or halibit to confirm the fork, and they will contact poolers and exchangers, and the community will trust and believe them.
I was a bit nervous and up set this afternoon, but after calming down and think more positively, I reverse my thought.

Actually this is a good opportunity for the coin to promote and do marketing it-self. If you agree with my suggested block number (315,000) to apply the fork, we have 5 more days until it happens. In this 5 days, more and more people will know about MRC (and its exchange alcuREX), because obviously it is the most profitable coin to mine right now.

So, think positively, hold your coin strong, rock your miners and enjoy the current sweet reward  Wink

@halibit, please confirm if you accept or do not accept my suggested fork above. As a supporter of MRC since day 1, I am just wanna help.

5000 blocks would mean there are 1,5 BILLION coins more than specified.
Thats about 7%, much more than i think it should be.
If we fork we should do now! Why wait?
One life. Live it.

One life. Live it.
I can make code fix:
            nSubsidy = (310000 - ((nHeight - 310000) * 0.01)) * COIN;
is not right.
What we want to be?

I have windows and linux computer ready for compile new wallets, jus give me right code.

1/ nSubsidy = (10000 - ((nHeight - 10000) * 0.01)) * COIN; if we keep 10K reward

2/ nSubsidy = (1000 - ((nHeight - 1000) * 0.01)) * COIN; if we make it 1K reward

You guys confirm ?
Don't want to quess. Are you sure about the code?

I think
nSubsidy = (310000 - ((nHeight - 10000) * 0.01)) * COIN; if we keep 10K reward
I will change block reward decrease as it was planned (from 10,000 it will count down with 0.01 steps)
Working code for that is:
 nSubsidy = (3100 - ((nHeight * 0.01) -310000)) - 300000;

Hi halibit, I am wondering why you did not reply to my PM, even in this case I am the first one pointing out the bug.

And the hard fork with your suggested code is not correct, it will make the block reward from block 310000 until the block applied the fork becomes invalid -> killing the coin even faster than current situation.

Please, let decide a block number to make the change. Let say it 315,000, so the correct code would be:
else if(nHeight < 315000)
{
   nSubsidy = (310000 - ((nHeight - 310000) * 0.01)) * COIN;
} else {
   nSubsidy = (10000 - ((nHeight - 315000) * 0.01)) * COIN;
   if (nSubsidy <= 1000) nSubsidy = 1000; // Rest of blocks are 1000 coins. Then network working forever with stake blocks.
}

It will slightly change the original coin spec. We can consider 5000 blocks (block 310,000 to 315,000) is for the coin promotion. Everyone happy.

Please, do not make too much change to the coin (slightly decresing reward from 10,000 to 1,000 is an innovation, dont break it please).

Thank and hope my 2 sat helps,
-snguyen

Edit: Fix grammar
Merit: 100
Shut up and report reftop123

About what to do with code error - its only up to Dev's (and halibit) to decide what to do, noone opinion is asked (no votes or official polls). Currently this temporary error is best promotion lol  
Activity: 300
4mnth old Miner :-)
Holy cow. After 50 BTC buy wall was taken down, now we have another 20 BTC wall. This coin surprises me. Respect.

I like to believe some whales/investor got too much invested to see this coin fail... some people have 10,000 BTC to play with in the altcoin market.
Holy cow. After 50 BTC buy wall was taken down, now we have another 20 BTC wall. This coin surprises me. Respect.
Activity: 300
4mnth old Miner :-)
I wonder if you will be like that 10 000 BTC pizza guy ?  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: