Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 100. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Question for Mint Community, are there any users using windows 10 with no problems.
If so post , so we know it works with win 10.

I'm running 2.0.0.1 fine on a Windows 10 laptop, with mature coins minting.

I don't think it is a good platform to run crypto wallets on however, my other windows computers, one running Bitcoin core, are on 8.1 with updates turned off.

My next computer investment will probably be a Macbook Air with a clean install of Linux Mint 17.2, I'd feel better with wallets running on that.

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I downloaded a new wallet on a new machine then tried to load the backup wallet.dat onto it but without luck.

What happened?  Same error?

Also, are you running the correct wallet version?

Yes same error and yes my wallet was encrypted!

Version of Windows 7, 8 , or 10 ?

What Antivirus are you running?

Are you able to get a new mint software installed and synced before you try to put your old wallet in it?
If you are able to get a new install working, but it only crashes when you add your wallet.
Then your Wallet.dat could be corrupt, try the last wallet backup instead and see if it works.

If you can't get a new install working , their is something conflicting with it.

Cool

FYI:
Quick Tips
Here are some Windows things to try,
Sometimes left over temp files cause a problem:
1: Delete Temp Files
http://howto.corel.com/en/p/How_to_delete_temporary_files_from_Windows_8

2. Try running windows in safe-mode with networking .
http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/
If Mint works in safe mode, then their is a driver conflict with something in normal startup.
(Their have been some reports of issues caused by Google Chromes update service, and Firefox's update service with other coins.)
If Safe mode works , and neither update service is in your startup, run a scan with Malwarebytes and Kaspersky (http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-removal-tool?form=1)
to see if they pick up any trojans.

Running that f_(£1ng crap windows 10.

Is there a chance iI was robbed/hacked?  My pc wouldn't start up correctly and i needed to do a system restore on it that same morning,  the time on the pc also didn't update like it should have with daylight savings hours

Doubtful , stolen coins won't cause the wallet to crash, just your coins would be missing.

Copy the wallet.dat to a safe place, then delete everything in the mintcoin directory, (files and folders so nothing is in it)
then start the Mintcoin wallet and it should recreate everything in the folder, if you get the st13 error, close the wallet and restart it a 2nd time to see if it starts syncing.
And post if it is syncing or any other error message.

Cool

Question for Mint Community, are there any users using windows 10 with no problems.
If so post , so we know it works with win 10.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I downloaded a new wallet on a new machine then tried to load the backup wallet.dat onto it but without luck.

Are you able to get a new mint software installed and synced before you try to put your old wallet in it?
If you are able to get a new install working, but it only crashes when you add your wallet.
Then your Wallet.dat could be corrupt, try the last wallet backup instead and see if it works.

If you can't get a new install working , their is something conflicting with it.

Cool

FYI:
Quick Tips

http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/
If Mint works in safe mode, then their is a driver conflict with something in normal startup.
(Their have been some reports of issues caused by Google Chromes update service, and Firefox's update service with other coins.)
If Safe mode works , and neither update service is in your startup, run a scan with Malwarebytes and Kaspersky (http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-removal-tool?form=1)

Running that f_(£1ng crap windows 10.

Is there a chance iI was robbed/hacked?  My pc wouldn't start up correctly and i needed to do a system restore on it that same morning,  the time on the pc also didn't update like it should have with daylight savings hours
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Cool

FYI:
Quick Tips

Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
Still holding here,
I've been with mintcoin from the start, mined some, and invested 20 euro!
Ive seen them under 5 satoshi and rise to above 40 but I never sold them!
Maybe if I sold them at the highest point i've couldve gotten alot more but I believe.
At the moment I have 1,4m coins and 300k of them are minted.
But i'm really going to do my best to get more the coming weeks!
I really want like 10-100 million coins, because I still think this could be one of the big coins.

Just want to say keep going mintcoin team I think we are doing really good!

I didn't know about Mintcoin during the mining period, but I'm a true believer also.

I sold what I had, around 9 million Mint, around the peak at 40 Sats, but I'm back up to around 5.5 million.

Now Bitcoin is heading up, the low volumes and lack of attention actually helps Mint right now, while other Alts are being sold off.

I made profit with this coin only because I bought and held when the rate was 20%, and sold in the current phase.

A simple strategy to make money would be to buy during the current phase with 15% staking, and sell in the next when it drops to 10%.

When Mintcoin is in it's final phase, awarding 5% for staking, I don't think it will be much of a secret any more!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Bitcoinnational, what is your problem? Smiley

something like the same problem of I2S2SI ... loading the encrypted backup wallet.dat
i lost the whole blockchain data, so now trying again with most recent version fresh download
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
I downloaded a new wallet on a new machine then tried to load the backup wallet.dat onto it but without luck. I also tried this on an android device got message invalid base64 encoding - bad password? but its the correct password!!
is your wallet.dat encrypted?
legendary
Activity: 1974

Can someone help me with this please

My wallet has been running for months on my pc without a problem and all of a sudden on sunday morning last it wont function

I cant restore it from wallet.dat on a different pc or my android device

Have you tried trashing everything but your wallet.dat, getting a fresh blockchain update, then re-adding that old wallet.dat?

I downloaded a new wallet on a new machine then tried to load the backup wallet.dat onto it but without luck. I also tried this on an android device got message invalid base64 encoding - bad password? but its the correct password!!
legendary
Activity: 1974

My wallet has been running for months on my pc without a problem and all of a sudden on sunday morning last it wont function

Have you tried trashing everything but your wallet.dat, getting a fresh blockchain update, then re-adding that old wallet.dat?

Its driving me nuts and i really dont know what to do. just short of 2 million coins in the wallet

This is what I get when trying to restore the wallet on a different machine

This is what it states when trying to boot original wallet
Activity: 574
Bitcoinnational, what is your problem? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1470
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
On a side note:
ONLY 39 DAYS LEFT TO DOWNLOAD and get THE MINTCOIN  to sync

yeah yeah tried to boot ... and I don't have the 17days to wait for that either

any mention that MINT is a bit of a bugger Wink
Activity: 574
If you can't use bootstrap, then I suggest backing up wallet.dat and deleting everything else. Let the wallet sync up.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I installed 2.0.1.0 on Oct 16th, and I am minting coins, but the block chain sync is getting further and further behind.
How do I get it to synch up?
(Tried check wallet - it shows 6 mismatched spent coins, amount is 2563 coins ; repair wallet done. Started and stoped after and still getting further behind.  Repeated the check and repair wallet and got same results again . )
( cant use bittorrent to get the dat files and try to 'catch up' update that way)
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
ShapeShift.io has released our instant exchange app for Android devices! Buy or sell Mintcoin with bitcoin and 45+ cryptos instantly on any Android device. Exchange anytime, anywhere: https://shapeshift.io/site/tools/shapeshift-mobile

Activity: 750
The news headline at the top says: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.11.1 [Torrent] Upgrade now -- contains important security/DoS fixes!

Does this affect Mintcoin? Should Mintcoin wallets be patched regarding this same thing?
How are the wallet developments coming along?

The latest official release (v2.0.1.0) was built against the already patched version of miniupnpc so the security/DoS issues aren't a concern.

Development on the 2.1 wallet continues, we've been going through the past two years worth of BTC commits and bringing the MINT codebase up to date to include stability, security, expandability, and performance improvements. When everything is said and done, MINT will be among the few other coins to be on par with more recent versions of BTC (which MINT, and most altcoins) are a descendent of.

I can't give an accurate estimate of exactly WHEN the 2.1 release will be finished just yet, as both Supasonic and myself are having to work around real life obligations.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
The news headline at the top says: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.11.1 [Torrent] Upgrade now -- contains important security/DoS fixes!

Does this affect Mintcoin? Should Mintcoin wallets be patched regarding this same thing?
How are the wallet developments coming along?

On a side note:

ONLY 33 DAYS LEFT TO THE MINTCOIN HALVING THIRDING!!!

Going from 15% to 10%
5%/15% = 33.3333%
33.3333% = 1/3

WATCH THE COUNTDOWN HERE!
http://www.arewethere.yt/MINTCOIN/30183.htm#.VjE0yFLLe48
Pages:
Jump to: